Old 21-07-15, 04:05   #54222
Lord Sir Banter
Bantersaurus Rex m8

IPB night out. Such banter

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0720...brooks-fiasco/

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $
Old 21-07-15, 04:20   #54223
cardshark202

Quick question for BBVers. If you were recommending some must do or see things in Ireland to a couple in their 50/60s visiting for a week or so, what would they be?
Old 21-07-15, 04:58   #54224
pokerhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardshark202 View Post
Quick question for BBVers. If you were recommending some must do or see things in Ireland to a couple in their 50/60s visiting for a week or so, what would they be?
Hire a car and drive between kerry, cliffs of moher, Galway , etc...and take time to take in local attractions, pint of Guinness, etc... Stay a night or two in whatever local B&B available. That kind of thing.

Last edited by pokerhand; 21-07-15 at 07:14.
Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 07:52   #54225
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 08:38   #54226
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Stay out of Dublin as it's been invaded by Spatalian teenagers.
Also avoid Killarney and Cliffs of Moher. Bespoiled.

Do B&Bs. East Cork/West Waterford is really beautiful yet doesn't get the crowds that places like West Cork and Kerry do. Carlow and Antrim also good. Rent a boat and cruise the Erne waterways?
Old 21-07-15, 09:41   #54227
thechamp87

Screen on my MacBook Air isn't working after I'm guessing getting squashed travelling over the weekend. It lights up but just shows lines. Anyone any guess as to how much it'd cost to fix? And do I just bring it to CompuB in town?
Old 21-07-15, 10:01   #54228
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Depends on their interests and general inclination, how much driving they want to do, do they want to stay in just one or two places or would they move every night, how interested they are in arts and culture, what kind of music they like. Are they into walking or any other activities etc.
A few places I like to bring visitors that don't appear on every tourist agenda:
Newgrange is a world class site and Armagh and Navan Fort could also be visited in the same day trip.
Lough Allen / Arigna north shannon.
Waterford has some of the best coastline, fishing and swimming spots beaches in the country as well as the Comeraghs and some nice villages.
For anyone that would be up for horse riding / pony trekking there is an excellent trail riding and adventure center in East Galway.
There are lovely places like the Glen of Aherlow for hill walking and scenery off the tourist trail.
For Irish music try the area around Ballyvourney on the Cork Kerry border or around Scarrif in East Clare and on a similar theme there are some very good smaller arts and music festivals like Boyle and Kilkenny.

Then again they might be happiest staying in the some big resort hotel in Salthill and listening to Declan Nerney doing his thing.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-07-15 at 10:04.
Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 10:33   #54229
RichieM

Quote:
Pray for sunshine would be top of the list.

After that I suppose the obligatory spin around the capital for 2 days to see museums before heading for the country.

You have the North West V South West trade of after that.

Northwest - Galway races (next week I think) for a day then out to Connemara, up to westport, cycle the greenway out to achail, up to sligo for some yeats stuff, take a peak at north Donegal if you have the time.

South west - Cork city and work your way round the coast until you hit motorway in Limerick basically. No idea whats on in particular but its west cork and kerry so plenty of nice views and trad pubs for tourists any way.
Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 10:53   #54230
RichieM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Depends on their interests and general inclination, how much driving they want to do, do they want to stay in just one or two places or would they move every night, how interested they are in arts and culture, what kind of music they like. Are they into walking or any other activities etc.
A few places I like to bring visitors that don't appear on every tourist agenda:
Newgrange is a world class site and Armagh and Navan Fort could also be visited in the same day trip.
Lough Allen / Arigna north shannon.
Waterford has some of the best coastline, fishing and swimming spots beaches in the country as well as the Comeraghs and some nice villages.
For anyone that would be up for horse riding / pony trekking there is an excellent trail riding and adventure center in East Galway.
There are lovely places like the Glen of Aherlow for hill walking and scenery off the tourist trail.
For Irish music try the area around Ballyvourney on the Cork Kerry border or around Scarrif in East Clare and on a similar theme there are some very good smaller arts and music festivals like Boyle and Kilkenny.

Then again they might be happiest staying in the some big resort hotel in Salthill and listening to Declan Nerney doing his thing.
The west mocks your beaches and fishing spots.
3 Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 10:57   #54231
Silver-Tiger

Whilst people are talking about things to do in Ireland.

I'll be in Kenmare for a few days next week. Is there anything i must do whilst there?
Old 21-07-15, 11:50   #54232
careca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

I'll be in Kenmare for a few days next week. Is there anything i must do whilst there?
its a lovely town but not a whole pile to do there. You can do some nice day trips though, west cork, Killarney, etc. The Tom Crean restaurant is nice up the top of the town, across from Lansdowne Arms hotel
Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 13:31   #54233
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Drive out of Kenmare.

Go see the skelligs,probably the most spectacular tourist attraction in Ireland,get there before the Star wars crew/fans wreck it!
It's about 1 hour 20 mins drive to the boat from Kenmare,then 45 mins boat trip,worth it though

Last edited by PSV58; 21-07-15 at 13:37.
Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 13:40   #54234
RichieM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV58 View Post
Drive out of Kenmare.

Go see the skelligs,probably the most spectacular tourist attraction in Ireland,get there before the Star wars crew/fans wreck it!
It's about 1 hour 20 mins drive to the boat from Kenmare,then 45 mins boat trip,worth it though
Top of my list of places to visit in Ireland. Stupid rough seas stopped me the 2 times I tried
Thanks From:
Old 21-07-15, 14:23   #54235
iSnow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33585129
Old 21-07-15, 14:37   #54236
RichieM

Ah fantasy football the season hasnt even started yet and im annoyed. Mostly its your fault arsenal.

Ramsay or Corzola. Will Theo Walcott be a forward his year and how many games will he play and the age old is Rooney due a good start to a season and will he get to be a striker or stuck in midfield again.
Old 21-07-15, 14:47   #54237
Wombatman

Maybe Lorraine Higgins just needs to take a different approach to the interwebs.

Quote:
Karen Danczuk: Councillor posts selfies for her 53k Twitter fans, in pictures

NSFW
Spoiler

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...-pictures.html
Old 21-07-15, 14:51   #54238
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

You work in a monastery Wombat? What a heavily disappointing NSFW.
Old 21-07-15, 14:56   #54239
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatman View Post
Maybe Lorraine Higgins just needs to take a different approach to the interwebs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...-pictures.html
Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Higgins is sending death threats to herself, it's the only way she can keep herself in the news. The fact that yet again she ran to the media before the guards says it all
Old 21-07-15, 15:16   #54240
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV58 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Higgins is sending death threats to herself, it's the only way she can keep herself in the news. The fact that yet again she ran to the media before the guards says it all
Sounded to me like she is a bit pissed that the Guards hadn't caught the lad that doing it despite the trail of evidence that must exist from previous episodes.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker