Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-15, 13:26   #52421
Sickpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibzzzz View Post
So stupidly booked my holidays to Egypt about 5 weeks ago. A Red sea resort which a lot websites still say its safe but id imagine only for selfish reasons. However one of the main reason we chose Egypt was to travel up to Luxor and Cairo to see ancient Egypt.

Travel company are only offering a partial refund so we would be taken about a Ä1500 hit. Sharm el Sheikh is the area we are going which if we were confined to it wouldn't be the worse area in the world, I guess we would just fit in some extra diving.

But even still what would people do considering Ä1500 would probably result in no holiday?
Obvious and realistic choice is not to go but reading up on Sharm it does seem like it alright. Considering ISIS are targeting London, France and Spain and just about every other country.

Gov Health warning -

Spoiler
I have dived in 4 or 5 tropical places and id love to do Sharem El Sheikh.
Its up to yourself butw as proberly government warning about ireland from the 60s to 90s.
Id go to the resort spend my time swimming snorkelling diving etc.
There has been some high profile terrorist attacks in egypt how many millions of tourists does it get?
Strewlpewter regularly is not so so touristy parts of Afriaca and he survived gamb@@@@l.
Old 06-07-15, 13:34   #52422
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Shawn Michaels is in enniscorthy. This is terrific news
Old 06-07-15, 13:37   #52423
careca

if you are advised not to go then I wouldn't

1500 is a decent amount for sure, but if you are staring down the barrel of a gun I'm sure you'd happily lose it.
Old 06-07-15, 13:39   #52424
Jibzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickpuppy View Post
I have dived in 4 or 5 tropical places and id love to do Sharem El Sheikh.
Its up to yourself butw as proberly government warning about ireland from the 60s to 90s.
Id go to the resort spend my time swimming snorkelling diving etc.
There has been some high profile terrorist attacks in egypt how many millions of tourists does it get?
Strewlpewter regularly is not so so touristy parts of Afriaca and he survived gamb@@@@l.
Sure government warning for America -
  • The hurricane season normally runs from June to November and can affect US coastal regions
  • There is a general threat from terrorism
  • You should be alert to the dangers of car and street crime.

It is a risk but we are 80% gonna gambool!
Old 06-07-15, 14:13   #52425
horatio1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayroo View Post

Philly McMahon isn't in that position because he's an accomplished defender. That's not his job. You can't criticize a player for not doing something he's not supposed to do. Yes he nominally lines out in defense but his job is to bomb forward at every opportunity and assist in the transition play. If you look at the positions he takes up when other teams are attacking he rarely engages in the designated tackle areas. Usually he's the supporting man cutting off the running angle. So when he does get into a pure defensive situation it's usually because the primary tackler has missed his tackle or didn't get into position quick enough. He's not a pure defender by any means but he's a very good player who does his job excellently.
Exactly what Dublin need more attacking options. Perversely I think that Mcmahon/Macaffrey / Coopers surges forward have somewhat stolen Macauley's thunder. That used to be his trademark before they came on the scene but now ends up behind them in attack and nullifies his threat.

We are not going to agree , you think Dublins defense is rock solid , I dont. I would imagine you are in a minority that hold that view but I hope the minority are proved right. Time will tell.

Last edited by horatio1; 06-07-15 at 14:18.
Old 06-07-15, 14:34   #52426
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
Shawn Michaels is in enniscorthy. This is terrific news
Some kind of born again thing for AliveChurch.ie
get 20Ä towards accessories or discount one your phone on @ oneplus.net. We all win
Old 06-07-15, 14:34   #52427
Lord Sir Banter
Bantersaurus Rex m8

hoping jibzzzz hasn't bbv'ed himself in this spot :-/

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $
3 Thanks From:
Old 06-07-15, 14:39   #52428
PSV58

Probably more stupid to go to Greece on holiday than Egypt imo
Thanks From:
Old 06-07-15, 14:42   #52429
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

sure you could be run over by a bus on your way to the airport
Old 06-07-15, 14:47   #52430
Jibzzzz

Hmmm I'm seeing an unintentional trend in my last few holidays. All seem to been targeted by Islamic terrorists.

Turkey x 2
Boston
Bali
Old 06-07-15, 14:54   #52431
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadParrot View Post
Some kind of born again thing for AliveChurch.ie
Gonna hang around the hotel lobby for the week. He might hit me with Sweet Chin Music
Old 06-07-15, 14:58   #52432
Lord Sir Banter
Bantersaurus Rex m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by welk_in View Post
That first one reminds me of Manny from Grim Fandango
it's the viper m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
I think this is hilarious in Greece. So many buildings don't look finished but are obviously being used as houses and businesses, shopping markets etc, That's because they don't get assessed for tax until they're finished so, they add a floor that never gets finished and everybody does this, elevators going up to a fake floor and everything.

When a country has a 6.3 billion deficit per year but up to 30 billion in tax evasion it's mind boggling.
Did a bit of googling and most say they are unfinished because:

a: ran out of money
b: didn't have planning permission, forced to stop
c: greeks tend to build as they require/family expands/can afford

leavethegreeksalone#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
Gonna hang around the hotel lobby for the week. He might hit me with Sweet Chin Music
how's life?

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $
Old 06-07-15, 15:33   #52433
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV58 View Post
Probably more stupid to go to Greece on holiday than Egypt imo
Brother and his missus going to Greece in August
Old 06-07-15, 15:50   #52434
Kayroo
Pedantophile
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio1 View Post
We are not going to agree , you think Dublins defense is rock solid , I dont. I would imagine you are in a minority that hold that view but I hope the minority are proved right. Time will tell.
Woah woah woah. I never said they were rock solid. I don't think they're anywhere near as weak as they were last year. My issue is with you describing the individual players as below average county players. They don't play in a defensive system that makes them look better than they are. Dublin defenders are given a much higher level of responsibility than most top county teams and as such their mistakes look worse because if Daly or Fitzsimmons or - most of all- O'Carroll makes an error then it looks awful because there isn't another three defenders swarming to that space to cover it. That has to do with a system choice of attack over defense but shouldn't reflect badly on the individual players being asked to operate within it.

On a pedantic level I don't see how you can say they are below average for county players. Take all the starting county players from the top 16 teams, hell even the top 8, and I would imagine individually the Dublin players stack up as above average bar 1 or 2 and that's limiting the sample to elite teams.

I think Dublin are as solid as they can be without giving up on their attacking approach. That's as much as they want really. Dublin will give up goal chances but they'll also have more themselves as a result. It's an active choice. FWIW I completely agree about MacAuley although I think he's being asked to do something a little different this year as a second strike runner rather than a first runner. Tends to be the third man rather than the first as he used to be. Probably less effective individually but more effective overall within the team.
Thanks From:
Old 06-07-15, 15:55   #52435
Opr
OCD

True Detective Ep3

Spoiler

Opr
Old 06-07-15, 16:22   #52436
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

Huge crash in the Tour De France. Spoilered for owies:

Spoiler
Old 06-07-15, 16:29   #52437
LuckyLloyd
The Voice of Reason

So Tspiras gets reaffirmation from the electorate yesterday; has his Finance Minister fall on his sword willingly; and now today gets the three main opposition parties to sign a joint statement supporting him in negotiations. If the crazy Bastard pulls off a deal involving debt relief I'll hail him as a God.

To gamble with the referendum and come out the other side with such a unified national position is certainly impressive however.
Old 06-07-15, 16:30   #52438
The Situation

Mr Robot is the most exciting new American show since True Detectives first season.
Old 06-07-15, 16:34   #52439
Sickpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
So Tspiras gets reaffirmation from the electorate yesterday; has his Finance Minister fall on his sword willingly; and now today gets the three main opposition parties to sign a joint statement supporting him in negotiations. If the crazy Bastard pulls off a deal involving debt relief I'll hail him as a God.

To gamble with the referendum and come out the other side with such a unified national position is certainly impressive however.
Noonan and Kenny are petrified Greece will get debt relief after not even asking for some for us.
Old 06-07-15, 16:36   #52440
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
it's the viper m8

Did a bit of googling and most say they are unfinished because:

a: ran out of money
b: didn't have planning permission, forced to stop
c: greeks tend to build as they require/family expands/can afford

leavethegreeksalone#

how's life?
I am going by word of the greeks themselves, they openly admit to not finishing building to avoid tax and have an aul laugh about it, tax evasion is aprt of their culture. There are whole islands of non-finished buildings on purpose You will not steal my hilarity.

Now what is for tea

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker