Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-01-14, 23:43   #41
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
What score was kj when you backed him.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-14, 23:50   #42
nicnicnic
Side Event Specialist
 
nicnicnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
What score was kj when you backed him.
think he was on the 11th, -6 ? time is on it there in screenshot, 7.15, he got over aggressive on 17th I think, probably felt he needed to get to -10.
nicnicnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 26-01-14, 23:57   #43
nicnicnic
Side Event Specialist
 
nicnicnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,968
Early thoughts for next week are Palmer in Phoenix, and probably an very unimaginative Rory in Dubai.
nicnicnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 27-01-14, 22:00   #44
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Anyone use spread ex. Are they legit and ok to get money out of. Look ok from what I read on the web.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Last edited by elbows; 27-01-14 at 22:03.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-14, 00:52   #45
nicnicnic
Side Event Specialist
 
nicnicnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Anyone use spread ex. Are they legit and ok to get money out of. Look ok from what I read on the web.
There was a crowd a couple of year ago called extrabet (i used them a lot for top/10/20 markets as they ran very good books on them). When they closed, all accounts were migrated to spreadex, I think they were actually the fixed odds wing of spreadex trading under a different name. I remember logging in at the time to do a bet on spreadex and couldn't get money into the acc, because they didn't take laser r skrill. Never went back. As they're predominantly a spread betting firm, I'd expect to have to jump through a few extra hoops than the normal account set up process though. They're definitely reputable, I often notice them best price on in running but going by oddschecker they just bet win only in play.
nicnicnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 28-01-14, 22:07   #46
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Any thoughts on leishman. I am not convinced of his metal in the heat of it. A bit like day. But 50/1 is a big price considering how well he is playing.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-14, 01:33   #47
nicnicnic
Side Event Specialist
 
nicnicnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Any thoughts on leishman. I am not convinced of his metal in the heat of it. A bit like day. But 50/1 is a big price considering how well he is playing.
Big Leishman fan - I've been punting him for years at decent odds top 10/20 markets, I've gone for a big touch on him a few unfruitful times at lottery odds, this will be his 6th year on tour. Punted him last year in the masters at over 800/1 and he got within a shot of the lead with six to play(was joint 1st round leader), went for the perfect shot on 15th and came up a yard short; splash.

He played the best golf last Sunday (bar one errant 4 iron on the par 5 13th) tee to green but just couldn't buy a putt. Palmer called him a nervous type on the racing post site Sunday, I'd disagree. I think he'll keep progressing as a player and could be a top twenty world ranking guy within three of years. Certainly wouldn't ever put anyone off punting him at 50/1 but think he's definitely more suited to classical type courses, think congressional, murfield, quail hollow, augusta, torrey pines. Lost his form after the masters last year but had a very good presidents cup, I can see him showing up on the leaderboard at some stage in a major this year.


I punted Laird at 9/2 top UK/Ireland this week in phoenix with betfairfixed

Last edited by nicnicnic; 29-01-14 at 02:44.
nicnicnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-14, 08:28   #48
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnicnic View Post
Big Leishman fan - I've been punting him for years at decent odds top 10/20 markets, I've gone for a big touch on him a few unfruitful times at lottery odds, this will be his 6th year on tour. Punted him last year in the masters at over 800/1 and he got within a shot of the lead with six to play(was joint 1st round leader), went for the perfect shot on 15th and came up a yard short; splash.

He played the best golf last Sunday (bar one errant 4 iron on the par 5 13th) tee to green but just couldn't buy a putt. Palmer called him a nervous type on the racing post site Sunday, I'd disagree. I think he'll keep progressing as a player and could be a top twenty world ranking guy within three of years. Certainly wouldn't ever put anyone off punting him at 50/1 but think he's definitely more suited to classical type courses, think congressional, murfield, quail hollow, augusta, torrey pines. Lost his form after the masters last year but had a very good presidents cup, I can see him showing up on the leaderboard at some stage in a major this year.

I punted Laird at 9/2 top UK/Ireland this week in phoenix with betfairfixed
I remember you posting about him a while back. He is awesome tee to green I just feel under the kosh he doesn't hole enough putts. (feel the same way about day). I will leave him this week anyway. That was some punt in the masters. Did you get out of it. Also do you lay off bets. I used to do it a bit when I was win only punting on Betfair and would be backing and laying guys on sundays. A tournament like last week was wet dream from that point of view.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-14, 12:15   #49
nicnicnic
Side Event Specialist
 
nicnicnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
I remember you posting about him a while back. He is awesome tee to green I just feel under the kosh he doesn't hole enough putts. (feel the same way about day). I will leave him this week anyway. That was some punt in the masters. Did you get out of it. Also do you lay off bets. I used to do it a bit when I was win only punting on Betfair and would be backing and laying guys on sundays. A tournament like last week was wet dream from that point of view.
His putting stats will need to improve ok, he's consistently not great with it, not just when he's in contention if you get what I'm saying. I wouldn't leave him if I were you on what I wrote about courses, it's the easiest thing in the world to make a case against 50/1 shot, they're 50/1 after all and if you've a fancy for one that price I'd never let someone put me off it.

Re the laying off, sometimes is the answer. I wouldn't have a plan of say if a guy I punted at (X) price, gets to (Y) price then I'll green up. It'd be more along the lines making decisions on how I perceived the tournament was developing. A green book is great but I wouldn't be greening up just because I can. I guess what I'm saying is if your are laying off, have a rational; you think he's underpriced now, you think the pressure is getting to him, you need the money wouldn't be the purist reason but it's definitely a reason.

Last edited by nicnicnic; 29-01-14 at 12:52.
nicnicnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 29-01-14, 13:56   #50
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnicnic View Post
His putting stats will need to improve ok, he's consistently not great with it, not just when he's in contention if you get what I'm saying. I wouldn't leave him if I were you on what I wrote about courses, it's the easiest thing in the world to make a case against 50/1 shot, they're 50/1 after all and if you've a fancy for one that price I'd never let someone put me off it.

Re the laying off, sometimes is the answer. I wouldn't have a plan of say if a guy I punted at (X) price, gets to (Y) price then I'll green up. It'd be more along the lines making decisions on how I perceived the tournament was developing. A green book is great but I wouldn't be greening up just because I can. I guess what I'm saying is if your are laying off, have a rational; you think he's underpriced now, you think the pressure is getting to him, you need the money wouldn't be the purist reason but it's definitely a reason.
I wasn't fully convinced on course/similar course form anyway (not always a reason for not backing someone but a large factor for me). Price wise he is probably value but its not significant enough for me to care.

My dad is a green merchant. He had Stallings (from me) and Sergio and layed off both.

When I was using Betfair as my main source for betting, On Sundays I would back and lay guys based on parts of the course they were coming to or had played through. I would look at shottracker in running for guys who are looking like birdieing/eagling a hole in which the market hadn't reacted to and like you get out of guys who looked like they might be getting a bit weak at the knees. This was when I was single and had all the time in the world.

I have not used Betfair in a few years and have gone the e/w route. Might restart it now there is fixed odds and for laying the odd time. (could have made a tidy profit on Ilonen)
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-14, 15:42   #51
Thefonze
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
I wasn't fully convinced on course/similar course form anyway (not always a reason for not backing someone but a large factor for me). Price wise he is probably value but its not significant enough for me to care.

My dad is a green merchant. He had Stallings (from me) and Sergio and layed off both.

When I was using Betfair as my main source for betting, On Sundays I would back and lay guys based on parts of the course they were coming to or had played through. I would look at shottracker in running for guys who are looking like birdieing/eagling a hole in which the market hadn't reacted to and like you get out of guys who looked like they might be getting a bit weak at the knees. This was when I was single and had all the time in the world.

I have not used Betfair in a few years and have gone the e/w route. Might restart it now there is fixed odds and for laying the odd time. (could have made a tidy profit on Ilonen)
Why did you stop using betfair if you were making money?
Thefonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14, 01:52   #52
applehunter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 248
Dubai

Branden Grace 46 & Paul Casey 75 - Capable of lots of Birdies and eagles.

Phoenix

Phil 20s "beware the injured golfer"
Horschel 33s - birdie machine
Harrington 220 - game looks in good shape
Gonzo 220 - ball striker supreme
Aphibarnrat 200 - mysterious
applehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14, 04:58   #53
nicnicnic
Side Event Specialist
 
nicnicnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by applehunter View Post


Aphibarnrat 200 - mysterious
this may be my favorite reason ever for a pick
nicnicnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14, 08:23   #54
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefonze View Post
Why did you stop using betfair if you were making money?
When I was doing it I was backing and laying a lot in running. I don't have the luxury of watching golf as much these days. Rarely get to see the european golf (middle east is working out well as I get up early with my daughter on Sundays and have it on in the backround while the Mrs is in bed) I get to see the us golf more but generally only after 9 or 10 and having laptop out on Sundays at home is not good for marital relations. I mainly do my bets on the phone these days but trying to manage a book is not feasible. The way I am doing it now I mainly back e/w and this is covering the non winning of golf tournaments and then the odd bink is where I see my profit coming. It is not exactly how I would want it and I will refine it to incorporate betfair just not using it to the same extent as I did before.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Last edited by elbows; 30-01-14 at 08:29.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14, 10:46   #55
Thefonze
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
When I was doing it I was backing and laying a lot in running. I don't have the luxury of watching golf as much these days. Rarely get to see the european golf (middle east is working out well as I get up early with my daughter on Sundays and have it on in the backround while the Mrs is in bed) I get to see the us golf more but generally only after 9 or 10 and having laptop out on Sundays at home is not good for marital relations. I mainly do my bets on the phone these days but trying to manage a book is not feasible. The way I am doing it now I mainly back e/w and this is covering the non winning of golf tournaments and then the odd bink is where I see my profit coming. It is not exactly how I would want it and I will refine it to incorporate betfair just not using it to the same extent as I did before.
Yeah kids really curtail such activities, I gave up betfair as I lost way to much. Swings were mad, some days 10k either way. It encouraged me to go mad and I need little encouragement. I like horschel this week, he let me down big time for a massive pay out lat year after I had a large double with Paul Casey in the irish open.4He has the game just needs to avoid holes where he implodes!
Thefonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14, 11:52   #56
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefonze View Post
Yeah kids really curtail such activities, I gave up betfair as I lost way to much. Swings were mad, some days 10k either way. It encouraged me to go mad and I need little encouragement. I like horschel this week, he let me down big time for a massive pay out lat year after I had a large double with Paul Casey in the irish open.4He has the game just needs to avoid holes where he implodes!
Was never really doing huge size but certainly more than I am now. Very swingy indeed.

BH cost me a bunch of money when he won last year (I was on Points). I didn't think he had the temperament for it. Very prone to the big blow out alright but he is a serious player.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-14, 13:17   #57
applehunter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 248
Horschel now 44s on BF.

It would be rude not to.
applehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14, 07:58   #58
accomputers.ie
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 285
Phil now 74/1 (says back is fine). Leishman 74/1 for top 5 finish (+1 currently ) for small money. Funny, just backed him (after seeing he finished top 5 in last 2 tourneys) before I saw your posts. Hopefully one might get my February tourney money together!!!
accomputers.ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14, 09:08   #59
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Freaked I missed Kirk last night at 33/1. Steele going ok. I really fancy Kirk for next week and course form put me off this week.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 21:37   #60
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,085
Anyone watching Bubba there. It was one of the most blatant lies to get a drop. No way was he going to play the shot the way he described to the ref. Commentators saying he was right to use the rules to his advantage.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49.