Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals

Old 27-11-13, 02:10   #21
maginty

sattelitte payouts..

I contacted yous last year regarding the payouts at the final table of sattelites but i see this year nothing has changed....from what i have seen so far you have the first few getting the packages are seats to main event then the money is spread out with the rest getting there buyins back maybe 5 /6 players...This makes the sats a joke as you play poker to get to final table then the game becomes a crapshoot as maybe theres 2 packages and the next 5 get the same prize.surely its a far better game if only the bubbler gets paid making it a far better tournament to play in ....only my tuppence worth but im sure most poker players would agree and maybe extra numbers will play in it..
maginty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-13, 01:12   #22
newbie2

@maginty
By giving the buy in back to 5/6 players, PPP can almost guarantee that those 5/6 players will play the next sat - giving them the reg fee. It's a pretty straight forward business model IMO
Old 29-11-13, 18:26   #23
maginty

sats

indeed its marketing newbie but the 5 r 6 players they give entry too would be made up of new players who would play a better structure tournament which dosent end up in a crapshoot. hate the thought of playing for hours knowing its a shove-fest when it comes to the payouts..dont forget its one of the major tournaments in the calendar year were talking about qualifying for not a 100 euro turbo...personally i will not be playing sats unless something changes and i have played the last 4 irish opens..
Old 29-11-13, 18:44   #24
Donk Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by maginty View Post
indeed its marketing newbie but the 5 r 6 players they give entry too would be made up of new players who would play a better structure tournament which dosent end up in a crapshoot. hate the thought of playing for hours knowing its a shove-fest when it comes to the payouts..dont forget its one of the major tournaments in the calendar year were talking about qualifying for not a 100 euro turbo...personally i will not be playing sats unless something changes and i have played the last 4 irish opens..
What tourney live or online doesn't become a crapshoot at some stage?
Donk Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 09:59   #25
PaddyPowerPoker

Quote:
Sorry but which of our Super Satellites or qualifiers do you think has a bad structure and how do you think it can be improved?

Can see your point on the payouts but the Super Sats are iPoker wide so its not entirely our decision and you'll find that the vast majority of online satellties follow this payout pattern (to give more players another bullet as described above).

All feedback is very welcome and we want to offer the best possible structure for players, we have our Super Sat tonight for 138 +12 F/O (starts at 20:00). 5k stack and 12 minute levels. The structure is one of the most playable you will find, while finishing at an early enough hour for those that have work in the morning.
Last Sunday the Super satellite had an 800 overlay so again more value for PPP players.

By the way, freerolls are running pretty much non-stop from morning to night so there is lots of value to be had for players that want to qualify for very little cost.

The first Cheap Seats Grand Final takes place tomorrow night @19:30 too so again there is even more value to be had as you can't buy into the final, you can only qualify through the freerolls/ 4.40 rebuy qualifiers.

PPP Team.
PaddyPowerPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 11:26   #26
siucra1

in last nights cheap seats there was enough money to award 2 tickets to the final instead it paid out money to the next 5 players,will this ever be changed,thank you
siucra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 12:27   #27
joedolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by siucra1 View Post
in last nights cheap seats there was enough money to award 2 tickets to the final instead it paid out money to the next 5 players,will this ever be changed,thank you
I very much doubt that was the case. I'm sure it stated that a seat will be awarded for every $160 in the prize pool?
joedolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 18:51   #28
siucra1

Hmmmmmm 1+1 =3....Your right I cant count Joe,,,CAN YOU SING
Old 05-12-13, 10:46   #29
PaddyPowerPoker

You are right siucra you should have received a Grand Final token for finishing in second place.

We'll be in touch shortly to get it sorted.

There are only 7 tokens out so far for tonight's Grand Final so there's great value to be had in the Cheap Seats tonight (its pretty much guaranteed to have a hefty overlay as the only way to qualify is to win a seat through a qualifier).

PPP Team.
Old 05-12-13, 11:20   #30
siucra1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
You are right siucra you should have received a Grand Final token for finishing in second place.

We'll be in touch shortly to get it sorted.

There are only 7 tokens out so far for tonight's Grand Final so there's great value to be had in the Cheap Seats tonight (its pretty much guaranteed to have a hefty overlay as the only way to qualify is to win a seat through a qualifier).

PPP Team.
As always ,nothing is a problemthank you,thank you
Thanks From:
Old 05-12-13, 11:21   #31
siucra1

I hear you Dickie,i mean joe
Old 05-12-13, 12:35   #32
PaddyPowerPoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by siucra1 View Post
I hear you Dickie,i mean joe
We hear you too.
Old 05-12-13, 13:04   #33
BallymoreChris

there is a 160 satellite on tomorrow night and the only was I can play it is to win a seat from a 4.40 re-buy.
is this the case?

If it is and I play and qualify do i have to play the next one that comes up or can I un-reg and keep the token for a time that's more convenient to me?

Sorry if you have already answered this in another thread.

Chris.
Old 05-12-13, 13:58   #34
PaddyPowerPoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallymoreChris View Post
there is a €160 satellite on tomorrow night and the only was I can play it is to win a seat from a €4.40 re-buy.
is this the case?

If it is and I play and qualify do i have to play the next one that comes up or can I un-reg and keep the token for a time that's more convenient to me?

Sorry if you have already answered this in another thread.

Chris.
Yes, the Cheap Seats uses a token system so you can use the €160 token in any Grand Final you choose, right up to next April. We think tonight's will be the best value all year as its pretty much guaranteed to have a big overlay.

Note: there have been 8 tokens won this week for the Grand Final but only three players are registered right now. It does need a minimum of 6 players for the Grand Final to go ahead this evening at 19:30.

The next €4.40 R/A qualifier is today at 16:30 and this will be the last chance to qualify or gain entry to tonight's Grand Final.

PPP Team.

Last edited by PaddyPowerPoker; 05-12-13 at 14:13.
Thanks From:
Old 05-12-13, 18:47   #35
dobby

Ugh! Second in the cheap seats satt, 1 seat. Sickened. First one I played too

Last edited by dobby; 05-12-13 at 18:52.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 01:26   #36
maginty

STRUCTURE

sorry paddy i shouldnt have mention structure of tournaments as i see no problem with them , i ment only payout structure of the finals were the packages and tickets or up for grabs , but doubt that will ever be changed.
Old 06-12-13, 09:09   #37
PaddyPowerPoker

Quote:
sorry paddy i shouldnt have mention structure of tournaments as i see no problem with them , i ment only payout structure of the finals were the packages and tickets or up for grabs , but doubt that will ever be changed.
If there's overwhelming support for a change we will change it of course, but we think overall most players appreciate getting their entry fee back for another shot at a ticket, even though it's painful when you finish second with just one ticket on offer.

PPP Team.
Old 06-12-13, 09:30   #38
PaddyPowerPoker

Cheap Seats proving they are the best value satellite for the Irish Open.
Congrats to danjoe69 who had to beat off 6 players to claim his 2,250 Irish Open main event seat (there was an 1,130 overlay in this Grand Final).

You can only get into a Cheap Seat Grand Final by playing in a freeroll or 4.40 qualifier, you cannot buy into a Grand Final.

PPP Team.
Old 09-12-13, 09:57   #39
PaddyPowerPoker

Congrats to okearney and MrPiggi who both won packages last night in the Sunday Super sat. There was a 1,400 overlay so great value again and this was Doke's second Irish Open win

PPP Team.
Old 09-12-13, 13:27   #40
Bluezar

Won Cheap seats Sat last night,are the Cheap Seats Satellites going to run every Thursday over the next few weeks? I probably won't get a chance to use it for a few months otherwise?
Bluezar is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals