Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals

Old 07-11-13, 15:33   #1
PaddyPowerPoker

Irish Open 2014

It’s the festival everyone has been waiting to hear about - the Paddypowerpoker.com Irish Open 2014 details are now live:

About the Satellites this year;

The Sole Survivor is back, with €50,000 cold hard cash for the winner but we're also awarding an additional free entry to the Irish Open 2015 main event to the 2nd to 6th Sole Survivor finishers.

The first package satellite will run on Sunday 10th Nov at 8pm with 2 X €3,200 packages guaranteed. Buy-in costs €200 +€15 reg.

There are also Wednesday night ticket only satellites running at 8pm each week (€138 +€12 reg) and there will be more and more added to the schedule in the coming weeks.

Daily feeders are running right now and we'll be adding value and extra ways to qualify (including a renewed Cheap Seats programme that will make it a really easy way to qualify for nothing, or next to nothing ).

Venue:
The Burlington Hotel is now the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, Dublin. As anyone that attended the Winter Festival would know the hotel has been refurbished to a really high standard. The accommodation for players and the conference room where the festival will take place have will all be of the highest standard for the Irish Open 2014.

Date:
Main event will run from 18th to 21st April 2014. The live super satellite will take place on Thursday 17th April.

Entry; costs €2,000 +€250 registration fee.

There will be lots of new additions added this year, especially for players that play regularly on paddypowerpoker.com so we'll keep you updated here.

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc) - Paddypowerpoker.com
2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc) - Commercial
3. Date - 18th to 21st April
4. Location - Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, Dublin.
5. Any guaranteed prize pool - N/A
6. Registration and Start time of event - Registration will open soon on paddypowerpoker.com, tournament starts at 12:00 18th April
7. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) - N/A
8. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc) - Online or at the door.
9. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc) - NLH F/O
10. Cost of entry - €2,250
11. How much of the entry fee is made up of registration fee - €250
12. If a rebuy, cost of rebuys/top-up - N/A
13. How many and what duration are rebuys available - N/A
14. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into prize fund - N/A
15. How many places being paid - Top 12% of field approx
16. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much - N/A
17. Any tickets for future events given out as prizes. If so, how many - Only tickets that are added to the prizepool.
18. Any additional prizes given out (merchandise etc) - Yes, will confirm exactly what that merchandise will be in due course.
19. Starting chips - 30,000
20. Rebuy and top-up chip amounts - N/A
21. Blind levels - All levels included, full schedule to be posted shortly.
22. Blind timeframes - 60 minutes, 90 minutes at final table.
23. Are there going to be dealers and their level of skill - Yes, top class dealers all.
24. Will there be a documented list of rules - yes
25. Is there a tournament director - yes
26. How are disputes handled ; who has final say - TD
27. Are there any cash games offered, if so, please outline the rake for each limit offered - Yes, all cash games offered. Smaller games have a rake of 5% capped at €10, will confirm bigger game rakes in due course.

Any questions about the event please send us a PM or update the thread!

Regards

PPP
PaddyPowerPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 16:03   #2
Zod

12.5% REG RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
Old 08-11-13, 08:54   #3
PaddyPowerPoker

12.5% REG (incl VAT @23%) and €61,250 added to the prizepool so far ...

First package sat is this Sunday @8pm with 2 packages guaranteed (12 players minimum but 10 already registered) ... 5k stack and 12 minute blinds & feeders up and running.
Old 08-11-13, 11:55   #4
PaddyPowerPoker

2nd Seat Winners

Just a quick note on our terms & conditions this year.

Any player that wins a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) ticket to the Irish Open through online satellites (Cheap Seats or the normal stage qualifiers) on Paddy Power Poker can exchange their second ticket for €2,150 cash.

Just email irishopen (at) paddypower.com when you've won your second seat.

PPP Team.
Thanks From:
Old 08-11-13, 18:29   #5
BIGMICKG

Paddy power live events are alot better value for money than they appear at 1st glance. I played the IWF a few weeks ago and wasn't too happy bout the 12.5% reg fee at 1st as I felt it was very high. The tourney was actually much better value for money than the average €1000+€100 tourney that people play in the hundreds and feel they are better value. The average €1000+€100 tourney has 3% withheld usually,effectively making it a €970+€130 buy in. They r often played 10 handed for the whole of day 1 and have no food of any kind included.
The IWF was 9 handed making it much more comfortable and had a decent meal included on all days not to mention extra value for online qualifiers.
BIGMICKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13, 20:56   #6
ACE REPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
Just a quick note on our terms & conditions this year.

Any player that wins a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) ticket to the Irish Open through online satellites (Cheap Seats or the normal stage qualifiers) on Paddy Power Poker can exchange their second ticket for €2,150 cash.

Just email irishopen (at) paddypower.com when you've won your second seat.

PPP Team.

Where does the other €100 go? And why?
ACE REPORTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13, 23:34   #7
PaddyPowerPoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
Where does the other €100 go? And why?
The €100 deduction is to cover admin costs. The normal option is there to transfer your second ticket too.
Old 08-11-13, 23:58   #8
SatNav
Oink Oink

Send a message via MSN to SatNav
Quote:
The €100 deduction is to cover admin costs. The normal option is there to transfer your second ticket too.
Admin costs..........

Old 09-11-13, 00:32   #9
newbie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMICKG View Post
Paddy power live events are alot better value for money than they appear at 1st glance. I played the IWF a few weeks ago and wasn't too happy bout the 12.5% reg fee at 1st as I felt it was very high. The tourney was actually much better value for money than the average €1000+€100 tourney that people play in the hundreds and feel they are better value. The average €1000+€100 tourney has 3% withheld usually,effectively making it a €970+€130 buy in. They r often played 10 handed for the whole of day 1 and have no food of any kind included.
The IWF was 9 handed making it much more comfortable and had a decent meal included on all days not to mention extra value for online qualifiers.
agreed.

As one of the lucky recipients of a sole survivor ticket via the IWF, I wonder, am I included in the sole survivor competition for this tournament?

My heart says yes, but my head says 'step the fuck back bro'
Old 09-11-13, 03:19   #10
ACE REPORTER

Quote:
Think Satnav's spot on. Seems like a figure plucked out of the air and easy money for ppp.
ACE REPORTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-13, 18:26   #11
luckymo32

Quote:
admin costs? entry into a satellite is 200 + 15, surely 15 euro per person covers that if not then 2000 + 250 reg fee per person would
surely there is more work involved when transferring the ticket names over
very disappointing tbh

Last edited by luckymo32; 09-11-13 at 18:31.
luckymo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 09-11-13, 21:52   #12
40something

In fairness, Paddy's down to his last several hundred million, he needs all the help he can get to feed and clothe his kids
Old 10-11-13, 05:24   #13
TheDrunkenOne

early hrs post.........(hint/clue)

From what I observe of Irish Open theres a hell of a lot of promos, sat tickets and other 'lets make it an event you cant miss' expenditure involved in running this so cant/wont complain about reg fees etc

As a social player the Irish Open is one of my 'must play before I die events'

FWIW my list is this;

IPO ..........played
UKIPT...........played
IWF..........played
Irish open........not yet (hopeful)
EPT ........(really hopeful)
WSOP event....... (dream time)
WSOP main event .....( I must have died cause this is heavon)

Sometimes when I read the whining on threads about a few €€ I wonder am I getting ripped off and then start to think ' I'll not bother trying to play this'

I like happy posts

Dont sully my dreams please folks

Hic and GN
TheDrunkenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 13:36   #14
dinjo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
agreed.

As one of the lucky recipients of a sole survivor ticket via the IWF, I wonder, am I included in the sole survivor competition for this tournament?

My heart says yes, but my head says 'step the fuck back bro'
I'm in the same boat Zac. I think last year's winter fest survivors were eligble and Jenny said she thought we would be included so it seems likely. Can pp please clarify.
dinjo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 14:24   #15
joedolan

Quote:
Sorry but thats a load of bollocks, what admin costs, if i win a prize worth €2,250 then thats what i expect to receive. I dont have any problem with the regular reg fee etc but this is taking the mick
joedolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 15:11   #16
OasisKid

If you won 2 seats playing sats on paddy power you would likely be selling the spare ticket for a hundred or two less anyway. I think the 100 euro for "admin" is a bit excessive and unnecessary.
OasisKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 16:33   #17
PaddyPowerPoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymo32 View Post
admin costs? entry into a satellite is 200 + 15, surely 15 euro per person covers that if not then 2000 + 250 reg fee per person would
surely there is more work involved when transferring the ticket names over
very disappointing tbh
When we discussed this amongst the team we thought we were making life easier for players at a reasonable cost. The idea is that in previous years if you won a second seat you could not redeem it but you could transfer it to another player's name.
We realise that players were selling their second tickets at discounted rates so we wanted to make life a bit easier this year.
We'll discuss amongst the team again and make a decision shortly, at the end of the day every decision has to make commercial sense for PPP overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinjo99 View Post
I'm in the same boat Zac. I think last year's winter fest survivors were eligble and Jenny said she thought we would be included so it seems likely. Can pp please clarify.
Yes dinjo, you and all the Six Survivors are part of this year's SS in the Irish Open

PPP Team.
3 Thanks From:
Old 11-11-13, 10:10   #18
PaddyPowerPoker

Admin Fee

Hi All,

We have taken on board feedback in relation to the second seat cash refund. The points we considered were:
1. This was not available to players in previous years. A player that won a second seat would have to sell it privately and send us the name of the player that the seat was to be transfered to.
2. We are potentially losing out on a number of seats (and registration fees for those seats) in the event by offering cash refunds.
3. There are additional admin fees involved in processing a cash refund for a €2,250 seat or €3,200 package.

We have decided to leave the option as it is (€2,150 cash or transfer your second seat to another player and keep the full value).
Bear in mind that this offer was not available to players in previous years, we are trying to take away an added hassle for loyal PPP players that want to continue playing satellites after winning their seat...this just means you don't have the hassle of having to sell the seat privately, but you can still choose to do so if you prefer.

Cheers,
PPP Team.
3 Thanks From:
Old 14-11-13, 09:47   #19
PaddyPowerPoker

Congrats Doke

Congrats to Dara O'Kearney on taking down last night's Irish Open satellite.

Our next Super Satellite is next Sunday with 2 packages guaranteed (worth €3,200 each).

Qualifiers for the Super Sat running daily.

PPP Team.
Old 25-11-13, 11:47   #20
PaddyPowerPoker

Congrats to AYcarambaZ and A5236912 for taking down the two Irish Open packages last night in the Super Sat.

The next Super Satellite is on Wednesday (€138 +€12) and one ticket is guaranteed.

We'll have a few exciting announcements coming up soon but this Wednesday is a great opportunity for any player that wants to win a ticket (there are feeders running all day every day).

PPP Team.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals