Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 14-02-10, 16:25   #81
NewApproach

Can anyone give me a good reason why Osana is 6/5 and not 4/6?

Shakervilz surely needs further, and while Major Finnegan is the danger imo, I can't see him able to beat Osana.

He'll like the ground, the trip and is 2/2 over CD.
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-10, 16:30   #82
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Obv Osana looks a bit big on the face of it but i am siding with sorcerer in that race
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-10, 11:33   #83
ShipIt

Now this is the type of threads I like!
ShipIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-10, 12:54   #84
eagle eye
Should've gone to Specsavers

Location: Slowly making my way toward the inevitable mortal ending
Just opened up the horseracing page on Ladbrokes and the first thing I see is Eagle Eye in the next South Africa, suppose I have to have a punt on that.
Old 15-02-10, 14:34   #85
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
Ive only just had a chance to look at this race from Saturday and I am absolutely buzzing afterwards - 25/1 is available with B365 for the Blue Square Gold Cup. This is a price to be getting excited about. The 3m 4f is 100% perfect for him and it will be pretty much the first time since going over fences that I can say he 100% has the trip that he requires. Everything about his running suggests that 3m 4f is the job, hopefully the ground will be half way decent and this lad rates as one hell of a bet. He is thrown in off 130 in that race.

Chaaaaarge people, chaaaarge... This is a once every couple of years sort of situation and a must get involved race! I cant remember the last time I was looking forward to a race as much as this one. I might even take a day trip to Haydock.
good news is that this chap was amongst the 21 acceptors for the race at this mornings stage.

edit - I notice he has been dropped 2lb by the handicapper since his last run which wont matter this weekend if Our Vic runs as ATJ will oe out of the handicap.

Last edited by Gimmeabreak; 15-02-10 at 14:47.
Thanks From:
Old 15-02-10, 14:48   #86
Strewelpeter

Quote:
if my uncle was the owner (Sir Robert Ogden) then I am pretty sure id be living off old money and be well retired by now
LOL
Gimmieabreak has a better inside track to what is happening in the Ogden camp there than if Bob was his uncle, IMO

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-02-10 at 17:05.
Strewelpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-10, 15:01   #87
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
good news is that this chap was amongst the 21 acceptors for the race at this mornings stage.

edit - I notice he has been dropped 2lb by the handicapper since his last run which wont matter this weekend if Our Vic runs as ATJ will oe out of the handicap.
still 20/1 generally

I will laugh my arse off until Cheltenham if the other 'According to' nag wins this
Raoul Duke III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-10, 15:07   #88
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
still 20/1 generally

I will laugh my arse off until Cheltenham if the other 'According to' nag wins this
due to you I am 'forced' into having a bet on Pete. I will obv be doing a 10er reverse forecast on the pair
Old 15-02-10, 16:07   #89
eagle eye
Should've gone to Specsavers

Location: Slowly making my way toward the inevitable mortal ending
Buddy Holly looks generously priced in the next at Wolverhampton.
Old 15-02-10, 23:42   #90
NewApproach

Quote:
The Nicky Richards-trained According To John will run from out of the handicap, should he take his chance.

Richards wants to weigh up the opposition before committing his charge to a run.

"We've left him in and we'll just see how the race is shaping up later in the week," said Richards.

"We'll just have to see what happens with the weights and take it from there.

"He ran well enough at Sandown last time but Timmy (Murphy) just said he is crying out for the extra distance nowadays."
From sportinglife.com.

Seems like the race will need to cut up a bit if he is to run.
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-10, 15:00   #91
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

^ Id reckon he is 95% to run, no way Richards puts him amongst the acceptors unless he is planning on running him. I also dont expect Our Vic to run over 3m4f as they know he is a very likely non stayer. That will bring ATJ in at the bottom very nicely.
Old 17-02-10, 14:50   #92
Jackyback
Ironman

Some money being piled on Elliots horse in the 4.25 in Punch, 20's into 2's all the value gone.
Jackyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-10, 16:43   #93
Jackyback
Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyback View Post
Some money being piled on Elliots horse in the 4.25 in Punch, 20's into 2's all the value gone.
Winner
Old 17-02-10, 16:51   #94
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

jesus they went for some touch on that horse - got a massive scoop from it. a good old fashioned gamble, the sort that comes off once every couple of years.
Old 17-02-10, 17:01   #95
Jackyback
Ironman

Quote:
jesus they went for some touch on that horse - got a massive scoop from it. a good old fashioned gamble, the sort that comes off once every couple of years.
Yeah Baz got word on it last night and only looked at the prices today and by that stage he was well backed in still a win is acceptable at 2's
Old 17-02-10, 18:51   #96
kaiser soze

yeah only got on short but what the hell a winner is a winner.was told last night to watch him 2dayfor the money going on, looked this morning and he was 16s was at work and forgot all about it until i got a phone call at lunch time. Serious dough got on he was 20s in places early 2day and went into 2s after lunch a good old fashion swoop i love it a few more before cheltenham would be good lol.
Old 17-02-10, 19:01   #97
The C Kid

Quote:

He's as bent as they come.

"I just made it back in time. He's a big old fashioned horse who has had a lot of problems," said Elliott.

"We train him out of a field now and it seems to work for him. He just came alive over the last couple of weeks. We might go to Fairyhouse next Tuesday with him."

LOL.
The C Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 17-02-10, 21:12   #98
kaiser soze

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C Kid View Post
He's as bent as they come.

"I just made it back in time. He's a big old fashioned horse who has had a lot of problems," said Elliott.

"We train him out of a field now and it seems to work for him. He just came alive over the last couple of weeks. We might go to Fairyhouse next Tuesday with him."

LOL.
the fella i got it from told me they were waiting for this one since christmas and all the dough was going on. he came alive in the last few weeks??He came alive today when the rent was down,twisted as a cork screw for sure.
Old 18-02-10, 12:10   #99
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

according to john is one of 15 declared runners. I am pretty disappointed that the ground has regressed to heavy from gd/sft over the past week but he should cope with it all the same. http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/ca...2-20&big_race=

It also appears that the Magic Sign have ducked him by putting him in at 12's. http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...quare-gold-cup

Last edited by Gimmeabreak; 18-02-10 at 12:12.
Thanks From:
Old 18-02-10, 12:21   #100
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

BCB, if this one comes in I'm gonna have your manbabies. Just so you know.

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling