can't win them all
Can't win any!
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 18:12   #42
Starvin Marvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewApproach View Post
Dunguib... emm, wow
Did he really do anything you didnt expect today apart from jump badly?
Dont know how he shortened after todays race.
Starvin Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 18:40   #43
careca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
Did he really do anything you didnt expect today apart from jump badly?
Dont know how he shortened after todays race.
while I agree with you that his jumping left a lot to be desired, you have to be impressed by the way he never came off the bridle for the entire race. Believe it or not but they were fairly good novices that he trounced. Fionnegas is highly regarded by Mullins as is Some Present by his brother.

I know a lot of the good form readers on here will be laying him at the price (and it is short for a 22+ runner race at high speed) but if he jumps adequately at Chelt he could be the greatest certainty since Istabraq (when he won his second).

the crowd today was totally excited by him and I for one can't wait til the 16th.
careca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 19:04   #44
Starvin Marvin

I disagree they were good novices, the have posted career best performances over hurdles of 138 and 137, not outstanding by any stretch of the imagination and would have no hope of being placed in a Supreme Novices.

Menorah who looks like being the main challenger to Dunguib has already had a 153 figure compared to Dunguibs best of 154 (admittedly looking like he has a hell of a lot left in the locker) so a lot more will be required at the festival.

With a possible 20 horse field, an inexperienced jockey round Prestbury Park, jumping issues and 4 wins against not great oppostion on bottomless ground i think to be odds on at this stage is silly but each to their own.

He certainly is a very exciting prospect and i cant wait to see how he does at the Festival but hes a lay at current prices imo.

Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 07-02-10 at 19:07.
Starvin Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 15:51   #45
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
eh 2 of my horses to follow for the year are running this weekend.

Daves Dream runs in a Novice Chase, prolly best to strike a line though him but if the ground is no worse than the Gd/Sft it claims to be then he might be woth a stupid poke.

More importantly According To John also runs. Bear with me on this - i said he was a lock for a 3m4f+ hcp chase and that he would be competitive in the Grand National. Well he is imo very well in but needs a test to show his best. He is entered in the Blue Sqr Chase over 3m4f in Haydock on the 20th and I see him as cracking value in that. In the interim the Weights for the Grand National are being framed and it looks like he needs another 7lbs to be sure to get into the GN so they are running him tomorrow over 3m in Sandown - it wont be ideal but I would hope that he has enough in hand that he can win tomorrow which will A) give him a fixed 7lb for Haydock and B) get him into the GN.

He is carrying 10st 5lb tomorrow and has Timmy Murphy on board in a mediocre enough race - deffo worth a shot tomorrow so long as he is a sensible price.
Ive only just had a chance to look at this race from Saturday and I am absolutely buzzing afterwards - 25/1 is available with B365 for the Blue Square Gold Cup. This is a price to be getting excited about. The 3m 4f is 100% perfect for him and it will be pretty much the first time since going over fences that I can say he 100% has the trip that he requires. Everything about his running suggests that 3m 4f is the job, hopefully the ground will be half way decent and this lad rates as one hell of a bet. He is thrown in off 130 in that race.

Chaaaaarge people, chaaaarge... This is a once every couple of years sort of situation and a must get involved race! I cant remember the last time I was looking forward to a race as much as this one. I might even take a day trip to Haydock.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 02:50   #46
NewApproach

Quote:
Ive only just had a chance to look at this race from Saturday and I am absolutely buzzing afterwards - 25/1 is available with B365 for the Blue Square Gold Cup. This is a price to be getting excited about. The 3m 4f is 100% perfect for him and it will be pretty much the first time since going over fences that I can say he 100% has the trip that he requires. Everything about his running suggests that 3m 4f is the job, hopefully the ground will be half way decent and this lad rates as one hell of a bet. He is thrown in off 130 in that race.

Chaaaaarge people, chaaaarge... This is a once every couple of years sort of situation and a must get involved race! I cant remember the last time I was looking forward to a race as much as this one. I might even take a day trip to Haydock.
Tell your colleagues across the corridor in Paddy towers that your uncle is the owner and that the horse is being stopped to get a better mark for Cheltenham.

Retire on the 50/1 winnings

Simples!
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 12:06   #47
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewApproach View Post
Tell your colleagues across the corridor in Paddy towers that your uncle is the owner and that the horse is being stopped to get a better mark for Cheltenham.

Retire on the 50/1 winnings

Simples!
if my uncle was the owner (Sir Robert Ogden) then I am pretty sure id be living off old money and be well retired by now
Old 09-02-10, 14:11   #48
Jackyback
Ironman

Quote:

Funnily enough a mad keen punter has been following this horse in my workplace and mentioned it to me. Few quid stuck on e/way at 25's
Jackyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 14:35   #49
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyback View Post
Funnily enough a mad keen punter has been following this horse in my workplace and mentioned it to me. Few quid stuck on e/way at 25's
is his name John?
Old 09-02-10, 14:58   #50
Raoul Duke III
The King

16/1 best price across the board now (according to the RP odds comparison page anyway)

the weight of the BCB millions has eradicated the valoooooooooooo
Raoul Duke III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 15:14   #51
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...quare-gold-cup

25's still available. You must have been looking at According To Pete who is in the same race
Old 09-02-10, 15:19   #52
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...quare-gold-cup

25's still available. You must have been looking at According To Pete who is in the same race

now if I said I had just stuck 50 e/w on the wrong horse, would you laugh your hole off? Hypothetically speaking of course
Raoul Duke III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 15:46   #53
Jackyback
Ironman

Quote:
is his name John?
No it is Pete, El S is a good friend of his.

Last edited by Jackyback; 09-02-10 at 17:03.
Jackyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 09-02-10, 16:41   #54
BrianByrne

what time is according to john racing? or is it finished?
BrianByrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 16:45   #55
hotspur
Intensely rational
Space Invaders Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianByrne View Post
what time is according to john racing? or is it finished?
They are not pricing him at 25's *and* giving him a week and a half head start or we would all be as excited as Gimmeabreak. It's on Saturday week.
hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-02-10, 00:31   #56
Mellor

Meh, 30 and 32 on betfair, but no place market yet

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-10, 11:47   #57
Deep Throat

Last of the Bunch looks nailed on for a place and has a good chance of beating the fav who is carrying a penalty. The rest seem fairly mediocre

2.10 Carlisle Last of the Bunch e/w 7/2 generally

Frameit 1.25 Lingfield. should be placed and with normal improvement from first time out should be close enough to win. Ran very green that day. 2 unraced horses and a once raced a/w debutant ahead of him in the betting mean that there has to be a question mark about being certain to be placed ,but imo backing a/w debutants is a bad move. and backing racecourse debutants on the a/w is even worse, so at 8/1 should be worth a €10 e/w €5w bet
Deep Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 10:29   #58
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

one of my horses to follow for the season, New Leyf, runs in Kemption tonight. I doubt the 3/1 will be available for long.
Old 11-02-10, 10:52   #59
whyno

Quote:
one of my horses to follow for the season, New Leyf, runs in Kemption tonight. I doubt the 3/1 will be available for long.
Was just about to post this. I ont think they'll be able to hide him in this one
Sneaky each way bet at 3's imo
Old 11-02-10, 11:13   #60
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyno View Post
Was just about to post this. I ont think they'll be able to hide him in this one
Sneaky each way bet at 3's imo
unfortunately there is a non runner and its now a 7 runner race. If they go fast enough he wins, if they crawl he gets chinned.

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling