Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-10, 14:08   #1
Jackyback
Ironman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: swimming/cycling/running
Posts: 1,697
Football-betting thread

Jackyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 14:15   #2
Eddie Durkin
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Castletown, Co Mayo
Posts: 1,088
What do you think about getting all spare cash avialable on Spain to win the world cup? With their squad and the fact they are used to high temperatures, i can't see anyone beating them. 4/1 they are with boyles but im sure you can get a better price than that.

I hate to say it but i see no reason why England cant challenge for it. They have a great squad also but team play and heat will probably stop them at the semi final stage. I also dont think 6/1 is good value for a team that has done nothing in major competitions in a long time.
Eddie Durkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 14:38   #3
Jackyback
Ironman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: swimming/cycling/running
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
What do you think about getting all spare cash avialable on Spain to win the world cup? With their squad and the fact they are used to high temperatures, i can't see anyone beating them. 4/1 they are with boyles but im sure you can get a better price than that.

I hate to say it but i see no reason why England cant challenge for it. They have a great squad also but team play and heat will probably stop them at the semi final stage. I also dont think 6/1 is good value for a team that has done nothing in major competitions in a long time.
I have Spain backed and they are still available at 9/2 with WillHill or VC, as for England i probably will be laying them when they hit the QFinals (dependant on how they perform on the lead up)
Jackyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 16:44   #4
Semibluff
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,314
I think man united are way too big of a price away to arsenal.

Arsenal off the back of a draw away to villa, are very good at home vs man united, but fergie has indentified it as a must win game - united flying after last weeks win against the arabs.

Couple in eduardo injured, and vermaelen likely to be out. This means that wehave sol campbell lining up versus wayne rooney who is on fire. Rio being out is massive, but i think united should be closer to 6/4 (theyd be odds on at home
Semibluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 19:17   #5
RasTa
Member
 
RasTa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,163
Vidic was on the bench midweek so could be back with Evans.
RasTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 19:54   #6
TheHaHaWall
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 116
villa 7/4 away to fulham and
Birmingham 2/1 home to spurs are who ill be backing this weekend,
bit of value there i think
TheHaHaWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 21:29   #7
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard
 
AndyFatBastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rigger's pocket
Posts: 9,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaHaWall View Post
villa 7/4 away to fulham and
Birmingham 2/1 home to spurs are who ill be backing this weekend,
bit of value there i think
I was going to say that Villa haven't scored in their last 4 games and might be a decent lay. Agreed on Birmingham though. They are a very underrated team, and Spurs are vulnerable at the moment.
__________________
"I canít find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson
AndyFatBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 21:45   #8
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster
 
Flushdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Swieqi, Sunny Malta
Posts: 21,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaHaWall View Post
villa 7/4 away to fulham and
Birmingham 2/1 home to spurs are who ill be backing this weekend,
bit of value there i think
I might have a flutter on these 2.

Newcastle away to Leicster @ 13/10
Evertone away to Wigan @ 11/8

I think Bolton are pretty big @ 6/1 away to Liverpool. Not sure how that game will go, considering Bolton have only kept 1 clean sheet this season.
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 21:47   #9
Eddie Durkin
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Castletown, Co Mayo
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdraw View Post
I might have a flutter on these 2.

Newcastle away to Leicster @ 13/10
Evertone away to Wigan @ 11/8

I think Bolton are pretty big @ 6/1 away to Liverpool. Not sure how that game will go, considering Bolton have only kept 1 clean sheet this season.
I watched Bolton in their last few games and they really are a woefull team. I know Liverpool havent been great but i can't see anything other than a Liverpool win.
Eddie Durkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 22:00   #10
Jackyback
Ironman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: swimming/cycling/running
Posts: 1,697
Notts Forrest win - Away to struggling Derby and are unbeaten in their last twenty games, on a heater. 5 pts @ evens
Everton win - Away to Wigan, Everton have decent form of late and should have enough to see off a poor Wigan team. 3 pts @ 2.37

Notts Forrest & Everton double - 1 pt @ 4.75

Over 2.5 goals - 2pts on each selection
West Brom v Sheff Utd - combined match avgs 2.9 goals per game - 1.8
Qpr v Scunthorpe - avg 3.1 - 1.8
Wigan v Everton - avg 3.2 - 1.83

Total of 15 pts staked, new bank at 86.5 pts.
Jackyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 07:07   #11
bohsman
Member
 
bohsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
What do you think about getting all spare cash avialable on Spain to win the world cup?
Dutching with Brazil imo
bohsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 08:26   #12
CHDog
Creative when bored
 
CHDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: m8
Posts: 21,843
Send a message via MSN to CHDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
What do you think about getting all spare cash avialable on Spain to win the world cup? With their squad and the fact they are used to high temperatures, i can't see anyone beating them. 4/1 they are with boyles but im sure you can get a better price than that.

I hate to say it but i see no reason why England cant challenge for it. They have a great squad also but team play and heat will probably stop them at the semi final stage. I also dont think 6/1 is good value for a team that has done nothing in major competitions in a long time.
Winter world cup isn't it? Temps won't help!
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 11:39   #13
Percy007
Member
 
Percy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,308
Couple i like today are:

Everton 13/10
Swindon 11/8.

Two teams in decent form at the minute particularly Swindon, they are sneaking up League 1 unnoticed and are playing a Southend team lacking form and have a lot of injuries/suspensions for this game.

I also like the 10/11 available on Chelsea to win to nil.
Percy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 15:25   #14
Elshambles
Wierdo
 
Elshambles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Turning on ALL the taps
Posts: 6,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyback View Post
Notts Forrest win - Away to struggling Derby and are unbeaten in their last twenty games, on a heater. 5 pts @ evens
Bit late with this reply (forgot to last night, game over and all) but id always be wary of betting against this Derby team at home in games like this, lot of underperforming charlies on their books (clough has cleared out most of them but still a few)
Proper set of big game merchants and as such best avoided in big home games, local derby et all
Elshambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 15:52   #15
Emmet
Bashful the next day
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFB View Post
I was going to say that Villa haven't scored in their last 4 games and might be a decent lay. Agreed on Birmingham though. They are a very underrated team, and Spurs are vulnerable at the moment.
2-0 already to Villa. Agbonlahor finally finding his shooting boots.
Emmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 16:58   #16
Percy007
Member
 
Percy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy007 View Post
Couple i like today are:

Everton 13/10
Swindon 11/8.

Two teams in decent form at the minute particularly Swindon, they are sneaking up League 1 unnoticed and are playing a Southend team lacking form and have a lot of injuries/suspensions for this game.

I also like the 10/11 available on Chelsea to win to nil.
I feel ill, Swindon were 2 up and conceded 2 in the last ten mins to draw 2-2
Percy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 17:08   #17
chips1234
Member
Chopper Challenge Champion
 
chips1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ravaging post flop
Posts: 2,202
have liverpool,everton,villa,chelsea and newcastle looking good so far...........
chips1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 17:09   #18
Jackyback
Ironman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: swimming/cycling/running
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyback View Post
Notts Forrest win - Away to struggling Derby and are unbeaten in their last twenty games, on a heater. 5 pts @ evens
Everton win - Away to Wigan, Everton have decent form of late and should have enough to see off a poor Wigan team. 3 pts @ 2.37

Notts Forrest & Everton double - 1 pt @ 4.75

Over 2.5 goals - 2pts on each selection
West Brom v Sheff Utd - combined match avgs 2.9 goals per game - 1.8
Qpr v Scunthorpe - avg 3.1 - 1.8
Wigan v Everton - avg 3.2 - 1.83

Total of 15 pts staked, new bank at 86.5 pts.
Pretty lame
Everton win - 7.1 pts
West Brom overs - 3.6 pts
Loss of 4 pts for today bank at 97.5 pts

Two punts for this evening
Newcastle 2 pts @ 2.92
Chelsea HT/FT 2 pts @ 1.95
Jackyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 17:21   #19
eagle eye
Should've gone to Specsavers
 
eagle eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slowly making my way toward the inevitable mortal ending
Posts: 5,148
Chelsea at 5/6 -1 is a fantastic bet imo.
__________________
'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-10, 17:31   #20
kaiser soze
Member
 
kaiser soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 920
Thumbs down

i would like 2 meet ur bookie chelsea a horrible 3/10 with boyles
kaiser soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:53.