Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 07-05-12, 17:52   #41
kakak1

15k starting stacks for 20/25/30 FO outs killed poker in Waterford. Half that is more than enough with decent blind levels & you can have a very good game. For ordinary punters 15k makes the game too long & also kills the possibility of cash games.
kakak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-12, 18:05   #42
Icarus152
Not Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
^^^Only Peader could get 200 bigs in in the first level with 10 8 suited vs my Queens and hit the inevitable gutshot
Haven't seen him in a while?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakak1 View Post
15k starting stacks for €20/€25/€30 FO outs killed poker in Waterford. Half that is more than enough with decent blind levels & you can have a very good game. For ordinary punters 15k makes the game too long & also kills the possibility of cash games.
Ah, dunno about that Dave. The pub games have a fairly specific market, 80% of which (imo) are not interested in cash. If they were they'd go to a club. There's less money going around so punters want the best (perceived) value they can get for €25.

Pub players want maximum structure and beer. I haven't been to the Showboat €50 Wednesday game yet, but if I had to guess, it's mostly the regs from the club rather than your average pub player. Amirite?

By the way, I've spoken to you at the table a few times but I don't think we've met properly? not sure if you know me.

Last edited by Icarus152; 07-05-12 at 18:15.
Icarus152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-12, 19:38   #43
kakak1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus152 View Post
Haven't seen him in a while?

Ah, dunno about that Dave. The pub games have a fairly specific market, 80% of which (imo) are not interested in cash. If they were they'd go to a club. There's less money going around so punters want the best (perceived) value they can get for 25.

Pub players want maximum structure and beer. I haven't been to the Showboat 50 Wednesday game yet, but if I had to guess, it's mostly the regs from the club rather than your average pub player. Amirite?

By the way, I've spoken to you at the table a few times but I don't think we've met properly? not sure if you know me.
Hi Wayne,

You're right about the pub game but it doesn't prepare them for any of the bigger games if they want to progress as there's no such thing as pot control. Yes the Showboat is full of the Poker Lounge regulars & to be honest it's great to have a good structured game to go to, long may it last.

You may well have spoken to me at a table but I didn't know who it was if you did. Can't say I've ever even seen you. Make sure you introduce yourself next time you see me..............hate to admit it but I love & enjoy a lot of your posts.
Thanks From:
Old 20-05-12, 18:08   #44
theshortstack

Send a message via Skype™ to theshortstack
anyone know if there is a game tonight in the showboat?
theshortstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-12, 15:56   #45
kakak1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshortstack View Post
anyone know if there is a game tonight in the showboat?

Only games in the Showboat are Wednesday at 8pm 50 + 5 FO at 8pm. Has been 22 - 28 runners the last 3 weeks.

There is also a game most Saturdays, I'm not sure of the details
Thanks From:
Old 05-07-12, 19:27   #46
laois007

Game Back up and running in Mullanes last few weeks with 2 tables each Night....here is game according to facebook---Pronutz Poker next sat night 7th.Upstairs in Mullanes @ 8.00pm Start - 25 + 5 Freezeout. 400 GTD..18k Stack + 2k EBC..Progressive Clock. 25/50 Blinds. Winner will also qualify for free for big game in august...Drinks promo--Long Necks 2.50, Pints 3.50 and Vodka/Captain Morgan 3...Contact 0857186742 to reg
laois007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-15, 21:35   #47
mohican22

Any game in Waterford city tonight? or are all the cardrooms shut?even a decent pub game tonight on a stopover and wouldnt half mind playing?
mohican22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker