Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Hold 'Em
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-14, 08:47   #1
miriams
Member
 
miriams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 14
Little confused where to go?

I would like to learn more about playing poker tournaments

1. Are there particular sites to visit ?

2. Particular books that would help ?

3. Best online poker for newbie Paddy Power , Poker Stars ?

4. Better technical knowledge ?

5. Best live poker ?

__________________
Girls just wanna have fun
miriams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 10:18   #2
ViperEyeIRL
Ireland's number 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriams View Post
I would like to learn more about playing poker tournaments

1. Are there particular sites to visit ?
try www.pokerstrategy.com
also www.twoplustwo.com

there are many others, run a google search


Quote:
Originally Posted by miriams View Post

2. Particular books that would help ?
http://www.wptmag.com/features.php?articleID=14

The Harrington books would be a good starting point and give you good basics.


Quote:
Originally Posted by miriams View Post
3. Best online poker for newbie Paddy Power , Poker Stars ?
most sites are fine, just ensure to register for first deposit bonus. If you affiliate your Stars/Paddypower account via Pokerstrategy (do it before opening it!) you also accummulate points that allow you to watch videos, follow coaching, etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by miriams View Post
4. Better technical knowledge ?
See above.


Quote:
Originally Posted by miriams View Post
I
5. Best live poker ?
there are many card rooms where you can play live in Ireland - playing live is not the best way to improve your game but you can certainly have fun. Enjoy.
__________________
"Poker isnít about default strategies, itís about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"
ViperEyeIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 02-07-14, 13:50   #3
miriams
Member
 
miriams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 14
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
__________________
Girls just wanna have fun
miriams is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-06-15, 14:43   #4
winbotter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
Quick question, this is the closest thread to my question that I can find, feel free to move this, sorry. I'm looking for anyone that has any information on whether importing hands from a site like hhsmithy.com into PT4 or HM2 will be detectable by the poker site, like Stars or PartyPoker. I have not found any cases of this being detected yet, which is surprising given how much of an advantage you get. Any information would be helpful, thanks guys!
winbotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-15, 17:33   #5
Nuttkickker
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 443
1. Are there particular sites to visit ?

Twitch is relatively new for poker, some professionals live stream their sessions on a 5 min delay and talk a lot about their play and poker in general easywithaces is an irish pro that posts on here and pokerstaples are 2 of the best to watch and you will learn a lot from it. Costs 4.99 per month and you can acess all videos of past streams. they aslo make sure they answer any questions put to them on the stream.


2. Particular books that would help ?

there are some good books but most are outdated now but i would stil recommend reading some, harrington 1+2 is quite old but a good place to start

3. Best online poker for newbie Paddy Power , Poker Stars ?

pokerstars is the best and most popular site but doesnt offer much freebies, boyles and paddy power have a lot of sats for live events and boyles have freerolls every hour during the day and give away a lot of tokens for sats on their facebook page

4. Better technical knowledge ?

books, twitch and possible a training site later on


5. Best live poker ?

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=19770
is link to some cardclubs/casinos weekly schedules and a calender for bigger events
__________________
The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
MTT Calender 2015
Nuttkickker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-15, 23:09   #6
newbie2
Member
 
newbie2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbotter View Post
Quick question, this is the closest thread to my question that I can find, feel free to move this, sorry. I'm looking for anyone that has any information on whether importing hands from a site like hhsmithy.com into PT4 or HM2 will be detectable by the poker site, like Stars or PartyPoker. I have not found any cases of this being detected yet, which is surprising given how much of an advantage you get. Any information would be helpful, thanks guys!
I dont think stars or party can detect that you've imported datamined HH's, but my experience with that technology is a few years old. T&Cs may have changed and the sites may have ways to detect it , but i doubt it. A quick google doesnt throw up anything
__________________
newbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-15, 23:17   #7
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster
 
Flushdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Swieqi, Sunny Malta
Posts: 21,813
Stars/Party will know that you have HEM or PT4 running, but they won't know where you got your hands from so i can't see it being an issue.
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 28-11-15, 14:48   #8
HarryEdgely
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
I would steer clear of pokerstrategy.com, as it is full of adverts and annoying pop-ups. A simple description can be found at
http://www.instructables.com/id/Lear...o-Play-Poker!/

and this book is also good: http://www.dummies.com/store/product...764552325.html
HarryEdgely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-15, 16:16   #9
Nuttkickker
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
I dont think stars or party can detect that you've imported datamined HH's, but my experience with that technology is a few years old. T&Cs may have changed and the sites may have ways to detect it , but i doubt it. A quick google doesnt throw up anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushdraw View Post
Stars/Party will know that you have HEM or PT4 running, but they won't know where you got your hands from so i can't see it being an issue.
stars are changing their policies at the moment and have made a start on datamining, i think its already been introduced in zoom games and i assume the rest will follow. they also want to stop software for seating scripts and any software that targets players or categorises players

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=2806
__________________
The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
MTT Calender 2015
Nuttkickker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Hold 'Em

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54.