Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Online Tournament & Promotions Discussion

Old 30-05-15, 17:53   #1
anymorejokes

Dispute with Party Poker

Looking for advice over a dispute I'm having with Party Poker.
I've being playing a lot of satellites on the site to the WPT Aria taking place in July.
The terms for the site up until the 20th of May was that six entries were to be used for the event with anything after this given in tournament dollars. I had won six entries and with only four starting days they decided to give me dollars for anything over these four entry's. I then got this email.

Dear Padraig,

Congratulations on winning an additional seat to the WPT500 Las Vegas event.

The T&Cs on the site are in the process of being updated so that a maximum of 4 (four) entries can be won per player for this event. A slight change in the tournament schedule was made after the T&Cs were published on the site.

Since you won your entry last night, we will refund you with the $565 in tournament dollars for this entry.

The wording of this email confused me a bit. Did it mean that after four entries tournament dollars were given. Or that no refunds were given. I contacted online support through their instant chat page through the client. In this conversation I was assured I could continue to play the satellites and would have any extra tickets refunded. I continued playing the satellites and won my next ticket on the 25th.

I am now being told no refund will be given for this ticket. I've had multiple emails/chat logs and even a call from support. They admit I was told the wrong info in the chat support but that the terms and conditions had changed on the 20th of May and since I won my ticket on the 25th of May nothing could be done. I was offered 20 dollars compensation if I raked enough to reach the highest VIP level this month.

The 565 buyin will not go to the next player in the satellite according to support. On the phone the guy seemed to say it went to party poker. So essentially I registered the game with no chance of getting any of my money back.
So what can I do? Anyone have a similar problem in the past? Any help or suggestions on the matter are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Padraig
anymorejokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-15, 18:26   #2
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Party are notorious for this sort of stuff. Take BIGMICKG's advice in this thread, and don't be so nice in your next email!
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 30-05-15, 18:57   #3
White Knight

I'd ask for it to be escalated to a Manager and advise that if it is not resolved to the information provided by a representative of their company you will bring the complaint to their regulator - the Gibraltar Gaming Commission.

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/new/gam...e-complainants
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 30-05-15, 20:11   #4
anymorejokes

Thanks for the replies lads. I'll be emailing them again soon and will post the outcome.
Annoys me that they don't just do the right thing straight away. They must get away with this so much.
If anyone else have similar story's please post away. I'll link this thread in an email to them.
Old 01-06-15, 02:10   #5
JamieCarra

lol party.

Have they given you the $ for the 5th and 6th seats that you'd already won?
JamieCarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 06:56   #6
Winning!

That's ridiculous. Just threaten not to play there anymore, they'd have to be braindead not to pay you given they'd rake it back inside a week! Follow through too, don't play there if they don't refund you. Punish them for being scumbags
Old 01-06-15, 10:57   #7
PokerPiper

Thievery!
PokerPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 23:37   #8
Midnitekowby

Wow, what a sham.

Really reflects poorly on party poker and how they value your custom

Midnitekowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 00:15   #9
arrymyboy

don't play site no more, best one 888,
arrymyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 11:27   #10
Ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrymyboy View Post
888 are a lot worse and they've re-brand a few times to try and get away from their bad reputation.

Pacific was there original brand name if I remember correctly.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 12:44   #11
anymorejokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCarra View Post
lol party.

Have they given you the $ for the 5th and 6th seats that you'd already won?
I'm waiting on $ for the 6th ticket. It's being two weeks since I won it so not sure what's keeping them.

Update on the whole situation. I emailed them a few hours after posting the thread and got the following response.

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Your concerns have of course been forwarded to the respective team, but I would still like to ask you to refer to our previous communication, where we have confirmed that only one entry would be converted, as the Terms and Conditions of the promotion have not been updated at this point. As per the new Terms, your 3rd ticket is not to be converted and the Terms were updated before you won your 3rd seat.

I had heard nothing from them since so emailed again this morning and got this reply.

With regards to your email inquiry, we have forwarded your concern to the relevant department and are currently working on the same. Hence we request you to allow us some more time. As and when we receive any information from the team concerned, we will notify you via e-mail.

Not getting told about their terms and conditions is new so hopefully things are moving in the right direction. Hoping common sense prevails here. I have no doubt they'd still be ignoring me completely if it wasn't for this thread.
Old 02-06-15, 13:04   #12
anymorejokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrymyboy View Post
I play on 888 and think its a decent site but cant see past stars. Better in the vast majority of areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
888 are a lot worse and they've re-brand a few times to try and get away from their bad reputation.

Pacific was there original brand name if I remember correctly.
Not had any problems with them myself but I have seen a few complaints about them.
Old 04-06-15, 05:05   #13
anymorejokes

I've being given a full refund of 565 dollars for the ticket. Party said the following in an email to me yesterday.

With reference to your request of the refund please be informed that, since the original email he received may be deemed as unclear we will refund the $565 tournament entries you won on 18 May and 25 May as tournament dollars which will be credited into his partypoker account.
Please understand this will be the last time a refund will take place, as next time onwards, no matter the situation as long as it complies with our Terms & Conditions, we are going to
follow it and refunds shall not be awarded for additional tickets.

No apology was given but I am happy to get my money so hopefully wont have to deal with support again. I have no doubt that if I hadn't started this thread id be 565 short at this moment in time. Still don't know why they took this stance or changed their terms and conditions in the first place but at least they came good in the end.

Thanks for the posts lads.
Old 04-06-15, 12:06   #14
tylerdurden94
Ad-Min-Is-Trator Yo!

Glad to hear you got this sorted Smidge, baffles me how they were being stupid over this pay the man his money and let it be done with instead of being difficult pricks.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Online Tournament & Promotions Discussion