Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings

Old 13-12-14, 03:27   #1
doke
But its only dollars, right?

Lappin ruling from EPT Prague

Reported here

This ruling seems downright bizarre to me, and since I know some of the best TDs in the world read tghis forum, I'd be interested in their views or explanation.

Also, on a more general point, can a player really be forced to leave chips in the pot after having been instructed to put them in by a dealer incorrectly?
Old 13-12-14, 03:42   #2
Donk Magnet

The ruling is correct its the dealer that's wrong.
If substantial action occurs, a misdeal cannot be declared and the hand must proceed.
35: Substantial Action.
Substantial Action is either: A) any two actions in turn, at least one of which puts chips in the pot (i.e. any 2 actions except 2 checks or 2 folds); OR B) any combination of three actions in turn (check, bet, raise, call, or fold). See also Rules 34 and 38.
Donk Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 14-12-14, 06:35   #3
Hectorjelly

Correct ruling, personally I think that if the dealer misdirected someone that should absolve them, but as the rules stand the dealer is irrelevant.
Hectorjelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 14-12-14, 17:32   #4
rounders123

What a spa for showing the KK
rounders123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 15:52   #5
LAPPIN

To be fair to Luca, to whom I do give a hard time (there have been a few odd rulings over the years), he changed Kate's original ruling to the button being moved, thus not double-punishing me. The substantial action rule should stand but I definitely should not have found myself in the BB next hand, since the substantial action occurred under the assumption that I had posted and not limped.

Kate told me that I had effectively limped and that it was also my fault as it was also my responsibility to follow prior action. I explained that I had just taken my seat and so was not privy to prior action and simply did as I was told.

I think the right ruling was made in the end.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings