PPP sattellite-unfair rule or acceptable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPP sattellite-unfair rule or acceptable

I played a €5 satellite for the European deepstack on PPP with 1 €30 token and a couple of small cash prizes. the €5 game started at either 6:30 or 7:30 and the €30 game was starting at 8:30 or 9:30 cant remember which.
    We get to heads up about 15 mins before the start of the €30 game. opp had a 3-1 chip lead. opp was constantly time-wasting practically every hand every street. what i didn't realise till we got a message that the other game was about to start and the player at the end of the current hand with the most chip would be declared the winner.

Is it my own fault for not knowing the rules or is this an unfair rule?
    i haven't seen this rule used on any other site before, has anyone else?
    Any other site i've played the satellite is usually played out and you join the other game late as long as registration is still open.
    I contacted support and was told they are the rules, it was bad etiquette on other players behalf and he just played the system
    thoughts
    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
    MTT Calender 2015

It's a stupid rule but it's the way ipoker have always done it. You normally get a popup when you're registering a satellite (possibly only one that starts a few hours before the target tournament) warning about it.

Comment

Try to stick to sats that give 'General Tokens' and avoid direct satellites. As for the Deepstack, you're crazy playing anywhere other than Boyles. Their €5 satellites have 2 x €50 tickets and always have overlays, plus the games won't end prematurely, so you can just late reg. Their €50 games have been having overlays too. It's been a long time since i played a sat that has ended like that, and i've played ~100 in the last couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Try to stick to sats that give 'General Tokens' and avoid direct satellites. As for the Deepstack, you're crazy playing anywhere other than Boyles. Their €5 satellites have 2 x €50 tickets and always have overlays, plus the games won't end prematurely, so you can just late reg. Their €50 games have been having overlays too. It's been a long time since i played a sat that has ended like that, and i've played ~100 in the last couple of months.
        i usually play the sats on boyles but lodged money on PPP for the €20 leinster game and played the other one too, ive never seen it hapen on boyles.
        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Working...
        X