Not allowed under-raise all-in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not allowed under-raise all-in??

Was in a cash game last night. I limped utg for €2. MPn raised to 7. SB re-raised to €25. I shoved for €37 and was told I could not underraise as I had already taken action that turn :-/

In what universe is that right??

Some alternate universe. Not this one.

Comment

Had a similar one in a cash game last week cut off raised to 10, I 3bet the button to 43 big blind went all in for 55 back to the cut off who was told that his only option allowed was a call of the 55 or a fold as the all in was an under raise of my 43 he was playing 170ish and I covered. Dealer, card room supervisor and owner all gave the same ruling .

Comment

These are not similar situations , in Sir to You's situation it IS an under raise situation and the guy who made it 10 can only call, in the op's scenario, there is absolutely no reason why the utg cannot go all in now , it's insane to think he can't in fact.

Comment

To explain the under raise, if you have already acted , and there is an under raise in front of you , you can then only call.

In op's example, there is a limp for 2, a normal raise to 7, then a normal raise to 25, so op had all his options open. If he shoves for 35 say, then this in the under raise and the guy who made it 7 can only call.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
            These are not similar situations , in Sir to You's situation it IS an under raise situation and the guy who made it 10 can only call, in the op's scenario, there is absolutely no reason why the utg cannot go all in now , it's insane to think he can't in fact.
            No, in Sirtoyous case he reopened the betting to the cutoff, it's insane to think that he doesn't get his options just because someone went all in. The cut off can raise but Sirtoyou cant unless the cutoff raises to reopen the action.

Comment

For someone that plays as much poker as you this is baffling. How in the world is it an under-raise? Why is the cut-off being penalised because the all-in player can't cover a full raise to the 3bet? Retarded.
              €5 free Daily Fantasy Sports bet. No deposit required

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                Had a similar one in a cash game last week cut off raised to 10, I 3bet the button to 43 big blind went all in for 55 back to the cut off who was told that his only option allowed was a call of the 55 or a fold as the all in was an under raise of my 43 he was playing 170ish and I covered. Dealer, card room supervisor and owner all gave the same ruling .
                stop going in to the macou
                but i cant believe they would make a ruling like that if it was there

Comment

I 3bet the button to an amount that was not an under raise to the opening amount. I therefore reopened the betting to the cutoff, what any one between moves in for is irrelevant once I reopen the betting and I have chips behind and he has chips behind all options are open to him.

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                    stop going in to the macou
                    but i cant believe they would make a ruling like that if it was there
                    I didn't mention any establishment in my post. Even if I did it is none of your business where I decide to play my cards.
                    Macau is the correct spelling of the establishment you refer to

Comment

Sorry, yeah, obviously you are correct, didn't really read it right in the first place.

Comment

I didn't mention any establishment in my post. Even if I did it is none of your business where I decide to play my cards.
                        Macau is the correct spelling of the establishment you refer to
                        it is and can be if you speak to me in that tone of voice mister
                        and thank you for the correct spelling as well your so nice

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceMan View Post
                          Was in a cash game last night. I limped utg for €2. MPn raised to 7. SB re-raised to €25. I shoved for €37 and was told I could not underraise as I had already taken action that turn :-/

In what universe is that right??
                          The action is reopend to the original bettor in both cases.
                          In sirtoyou's example the raise is to 10(from BB of 2?) so the minimum raise for him to be able to raise again is 18. the 43 'reactivates him'
                          and in spaceman's example he limped and was raised so he is immediately active again.

Both blatant ruling errors.

Comment

... well said

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatiam View Post
                              The action is reopend to the original bettor in both cases.
                              In sirtoyou's example the raise is to 10(from BB of 2?) so the minimum raise for him to be able to raise again is 18. the 43 'reactivates him'
                              and in spaceman's example he limped and was raised so he is immediately active again.

Hypothetical situation

Player A limps for €2
                              Player B raises to €7
                              Player C raises to €19
                              Player D shoves for €25
                              Player E shoves for €37
                              Player F ....

So Player A has all options open to him? Does the same apply to Player B and C regardless of what Player A does? What would player F's min raise be here, and would he have all options open to him regardless of action before it gets back to him? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                Hypothetical situation

Player A limps for €2 can re-raise once the bet gets to €4
                                Player B raises to €7 can re raise once the bet gets to €12
                                Player C raises to €19 can re re raise once the bet gets to €31
                                Player D shoves for €25 ---
                                Player E shoves for €37---
                                Player F ....hasn't made an action so can do what he please as long as he matches €37 minimum or goes all in.

So Player A has all options open to him? Does the same apply to Player B and C regardless of what Player A does? yes, player b is reopened by the €19, and player c is reopened by the €37What would player F's min raise be here, and would he have all options open to him regardless of action before it gets back to him? Cheers
                                Player F's minimum raise is taken from the last valid raise. 37-19 =18 37+18=55. which would re-activate player e, if he wasn't all in.

player d's shove is not a full raise so only counts as a call for the purposes of action, so you do not count it within the raising.

Player F would then have all his actions if any other live player (A,B,C)raised a minimum again ie 55+18= €73

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  Hypothetical situation

Player A limps for €2
                                  Player B raises to €7
                                  Player C raises to €19
                                  Player D shoves for €25
                                  Player E shoves for €37
                                  Player F ....

So Player A has all options open to him? Does the same apply to Player B and C regardless of what Player A does? What would player F's min raise be here, and would he have all options open to him regardless of action before it gets back to him? Cheers
                                  B & C have both made legitimate raises. D's under raise is ignored. E made a legitimate raise from 19 to 37 which is a raise of 18. A,B & C will all have all options available to them including raise regardless of any action from F or any other player. F has all options including raise... min raise is 55. If F or any other player reraises then E will have option to raise again.
                                  sigpic IPO 2019, 23rd to 28th October - Irelands favorite Poker Event. More info Here

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas Events View Post
                                      B & C have both made legitimate raises. D's under raise is ignored. E made a legitimate raise from 19 to 37 which is a raise of 18. A,B & C will all have all options available to them including raise regardless of any action from F or any other player. F has all options including raise... min raise is 55. If F or any other player reraises then E will have option to raise again.
                                      Just for kicks the 37 is only a full raise using twice the previous raise, if its twice the previous bet then its just short of a raise however either way the op ruling is BS
                                      Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Working...
                                      X