Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in or call?

Cash game blinds 1/2
    Player A limps utg for two and the cutoff makes it 7, sb and bb call and player A throws in his last chip a 25 with the intention of going all in, the bb says its just a call as player A did not say raise and says its a one chip rule and it has to be a call,whats the correct rule here, is player a aloud to go all in or is he forced to call

Its a call.

Comment

Defo just a call

Comment

just a call. always announce your raise before you put in one chip large denomination chip. i deal sometimes and its surprising how many people who pay 100-200 quid into a tournie who dont know this!
        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
          always announce your raise before you put in one chip large denomination chip
          but would it not make a difference that the player already has two single chips in the pot and throws the big chip in on top, now three chips in the pot

Comment

Originally posted by EasycomeEasygo View Post
            but would it not make a difference that the player already has two single chips in the pot and throws the big chip in on top, now three chips in the pot
            Nope. Say for example you bet 10 and i throw in a 50 chip announcing raise. I would be forced to only min-raise to 20. If you want to raise always announce raise first and then get your chips sorted OR throw in enough chips to call whilst announcing raise at the same time, then proceed to count out the amount you want to raise.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
              Nope. Say for example you bet 10 and i throw in a 50 chip announcing raise. I would be forced to only min-raise to 20. If you want to raise always announce raise first and then get your chips sorted OR throw in enough chips to call whilst announcing raise at the same time, then proceed to count out the amount you want to raise.
              This is so wrong. That would be a raise to 50 every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by EasycomeEasygo View Post
                Cash game blinds 1/2
                Player A limps utg for two and the cutoff makes it 7, sb and bb call and player A throws in his last chip a 25 with the intention of going all in, the bb says its just a call as player A did not say raise and says its a one chip rule and it has to be a call,whats the correct rule here, is player a aloud to go all in or is he forced to call
                while he may have intended to raise, he didnt say the word RAISE PRIOR to placing his chip in the pot
                if he placed more than 1 chip into the pot, and it is more than the previous bet or call, then it could be and more than likely would be construed as a raise
                however, it is always suggested and reccommended that if you intend to raise then you should make your intent very clear
                either say the word RAISE
                or
                look at the dealer and indicate very clearly that you intend to raise, this may be done by a gesture, pointing upwards or actual words
                make your intent clear or it may be seen as a call
                any raise should be called or shown intent PRIOR to the chips hitting the table, not after the chips hit the table
                its pointless to throiw in an oversize chip, the say raise, too late brother, too late, you just called

Kamal
                the reception in these caves was terrible, thank allah for cable

Comment

If in on that situation, I will go all in. But for an advice, definitely call.

Comment

You dug up this thread to post that?

Comment

Working...
                    X