Padraig Parkinsons Blog Updates: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padraig Parkinsons Blog Updates: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

There was a time when money was regarded as a bit more valuable than ego. Good players would be absolutely thrilled to be in a game where nobody knew or cared who they were. Indeed they would get quite annoyed if they got their cover blown. You can forget about that these days. Guys can’t wait to tell you how wonderful they are and how well they play. They’ll give you their whole play book if you’ll shut up and listen for a few minutes. This year at the WSOP there was an even better way of identifying yourself as being important. All you had to do was get on All American Dave’s food delivery list. This chap Dave is the new poker good eating and fitness guru and you can get your healthy meal delivered to the poker table by one of the girls. Most normal chaps would pretend she was his girlfriend but these lads want respect for their professionalism rather than their pulling power. I don’t get it but it is what it is. You’re then supposed to take a glance to see who’s looking and say a few words on organic ingredients or something like that. I kid you not. Fair play to Dave. He’s found their weak spot for sure!

During the Main Event, the guy beside started going on about how bad the Poker Kitchen was. It wasn’t THAT bad. I said it could be funny if Dave was repackaging the stuff from the Poker Kitchen and banging it out at a tidy profit. He didn’t agree. I didn’t really think he would. My sense of humour needs an overhaul quite badly. After I got knocked out of the Main Event I was having the first drink I’d had for months in the corridor of the Rio. We were having a laugh with the Quad Jacks lads about All American Dave who is a buddy of theirs. We did a small piece on camera on the subject. Two days later, I’m in the Rio watching 27 people I’ve never seen before in my life battling it out for zillions of dollars. Then another guy I’d never seen before in my life shook my hand. I’m usually quite good at bluffing in these spots but I’ve been here too long. “Im All American Dave” he said. “Oh ****!” I said. I don’t normally address strangers like that but it seemed quite appropriate at the time! Turns out he’s got a good sense of humour. Thank God for that. I will definitely buy his stuff next year. Especially if he’s recycling the Poker Kitchen stuff.

5 Comments - Leave a Comment

More...
Working...
X