Bottom set in multiway 3bet pot OOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom set in multiway 3bet pot OOP

Its 25plo in zoom poker, no reads on table at all.

Basics first, anyone fold it preflop?

On the flop what is the plan in the hand? If I get it in on the flop I can never get it in very good really??

$0.10/$0.25 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
    6 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    Hero (UTG) ($57.57)
    UTG+1 ($5.30)
    CO ($40.44)
    BTN ($25)
    SB ($49.47)
    BB ($43)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG 8 8 7 6
    Hero raises to $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, 1 fold, BTN raises to $3.25, 1 fold, BB calls $3, Hero calls $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50

Flop: Q 8 9 ($13.10, 4 players)
    BB checks, Hero ..........

Its worth having a look at the flop imo.

On the flop your already behind J10 QQ and 99, possible flush draws with straight draws makes this an easy check fold for me 4 handed.

Comment

Original raise is fine, But Folding to the 3bet is probably the best play. Any action you get on the flop is vbad news for your hand, your not really beating anything that would call you if you try and get it in.

Comment

I dont think i would ever fold that hand to a 3bet hu, let alone in a multi way pot 150+BBs deep. Absolutely ridic standard call. On the flop I'd check and reasses. Leading has no value.
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

By calling all you are doing is playing a big pot out of position with a very mediocre hand, likely to be dominated, where if you hit it smack in the face, there's a good chance you still wont be good. You'll just end up in so so many tricky spots by playing here. But hey, maybe I'm just a nit

Comment

Interesting hand.

Preflop: It's worth noting the stack sizes, especially UTG+1 who is pretty much all in. You're out of position in a big pot which is going to cause pain on later streets with a single suited hand.

I don't often fold here, but after seeing this hand i'll fold more often.

Comment

The fact that we're very deep can be a bit misleading. It's very unlikely that you're ever getting all the money in here in a multiway pot with 8876 and are beating your opponent. Playing this pot HU when deep is grand but multiway it's likely to balloon up and it just becomes very tricky

Comment

Don't mind the nits in this thread. If your fold to 3bet is higher than 0%, you're folding too much preflop
                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                X