I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
    He said, "I'd love to, Tar, if I can find the time
    You see my new course's a hassle and it's tea time
    But it's sure nice talking to you, Tar
    It's been sure nice talking to you"

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
    He'd grown up just like me
    My boy was just like me
    I didn't need to wonder, what he had for tea.

Comment

Great weekend ahead with Aintree, some big football matches and best of all The Masters.

If ony the sun stuck around for some BBQs.

Happy Friday BBV!

Comment

From PopBitch
        >> Winning Strategy <<
        Going Nate Silver on it

We've looked at the last 20
        years and come up with 8
        predictors to look for:

1. A brown horse
        2. Aged 9-11
        3. Carrying under 11st 7lb
        4. Run at least 10 races
        5. Won a decent race + 3m
        6. Good on left-handed course
        7. Top five in its last race
        8. Hurdles race this season.

The last three winners fitted
        at least 7 out of these 8.

These are the three horses who
        best fit this (8/8).

* Night In Milan - 25-1

* Al Co 25-1

* Royale Night 33-1

There are 10 other horses which
        almost fit the profile (7/8),
        inc: Rocky Creek, 5th last year
        (2nd favourite at 8-1);
        Balthazar King, 2nd last
        year (10-1) and Soll,
        trained by previous winner,
        David Pipe, at 20-1.

And short priced Tony McCoy
        favourite Shutthefrontdoor?
        Ruled out on age and because
        he likes right-handed tracks...
        are you brave enough to go
        against the stats?
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The last three winners fitted at least 7 out of these 8.
          OMG foolproof
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            OMG foolproof
            When Royale Night romps home we'll see who's laughing (probably not me, can't be arsed betting on horses)
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

On jobs, the disappearance of them over time and the fact that many of us seem to be engaged in doing things that aren't exactly worthwhile:

Ever had the feeling that your job might be made up? That the world would keep on turning if you weren't doing that thing you do 9-5?

Just read that yesterday morning (it was linked to from a thread on ThePropertyPin) and then saw the discussion here last night, seemed appropriate.

Comment

The idea that the 'ruling class' has conspired with global employers to hire vast swathes of people to do pointless job is up their with the moon landing conspiracies imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  The Fianna Fail implosion is rather spectacular. The rumours of their demise was seemingly merely delayed. Nothing big today, just more small no-hope stuff.
                  I notice out my way in Dublin West that David McGuinness has left the party in a huff, he was one of the candidates that actually should have given them hope for the future as he polled very well in the 2 byelections in this Dail. However the local convention recently selected someone from the more salubrious Castleknock end of the constituency for the next GE.

Edit: Cllr Jack Chambers, a fine head of traditional Fianna Fail hair done by proper old school barbers and none of this new metrosexual salon rubbish.

SPOILER

Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 10-04-15, 11:13.

Comment

Relevant reading:

Imagine a World Without Work
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Why Being on Holiday is a bit like Full Communism, and Why it's Not https://selfcertified.wordpress.com/...d-why-its-not/

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                        Great weekend ahead with Aintree, some big football matches and best of all The Masters.

If ony the sun stuck around for some BBQs.

Happy Friday BBV!
                        Poxy wedding this weekend & I'm a groomsman =

Stupid rehersal tonight in church is arseole of nowhere followed by dinner - No Golf

Wedding tomorrow fucks up National & Golf -

Hang around drinks & dinner Sunday (who the fuck invented this crap - do newlyweds not shag like rabbites anymore) = No Manchester derby & Golf

I foresee a lot of sneaking off by me this weekend to the nearest corner bar

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          You were always smaller, DP.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Stupid rehersal tonight in church is arseole of nowhere followed by dinner - No Golf

Hang around drinks & dinner Sunday (who the fuck invented this crap - do newlyweds not shag like rabbites anymore) = No Manchester derby & Golf

My wedding is the same day as Ireland Vs Scotland.
                            I can see it causing one or two problems on the day
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

You'd wonder why Stuart Pearce hasn't been overly succesful as a manager...

Comment

That strike magazine article is terribad!
                                He more or less admits that he considers ebvery job he doesn't understand the purpose of to be bullshit.
                                The point is that a job doesn't have to be meaningful to be creating a profit for someone somewhere
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Flying with Etihad and their wi fi won't allow IPB , I thought I had no problem before, maybe that was Emirates, It says because php is blocked rather than because of gambling but I can't access it via tapatalk either so I'm having to tunnel in via a remote desktop and its a pain, maybe DP or someone knows a workaround ?

Comment

You'd wonder why Stuart Pearce hasn't been overly succesful as a manager...

Toure is probably the only right one there

Comment

I was surprised to see LSE at the bottom alright.

Comment

Genuinely grimaced reading that. Feel for ya man.

Comment

Quick bitta flu? Anything?

Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Flying with Etihad and their wi fi won't allow IPB , I thought I had no problem before, maybe that was Emirates, It says because php is blocked rather than because of gambling but I can't access it via tapatalk either so I'm having to tunnel in via a remote desktop and its a pain, maybe DP or someone knows a workaround ?
                                            I was blocked while in the air with them last week but was able to access it from the lounges in abu dhabi. Didn't look into a workaround at the time as was actually doing some work stuff much to my bosses surprise.

Comment

@RDIII - You may have posted it already and I missed it but what was the outcome with EBS and morgage rate? And who offered you the lower rate to switch

Am with EBS so might try hit them up for a reduction

Comment

Isn't technology incredible , Live streaming Aintree and also logged on to an ATM that is being set up in South Africa- from five miles over the snow capped mountains of Eastern Turkey!

Still giving out that it is a little bit laggy between refreshes.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Isn't technology incredible , Live streaming Aintree and also logged on to an ATM that is being set up in South Africa- from five miles over the snow capped mountains of Eastern Turkey!

Still giving out that it is a little bit laggy between refreshes.
                                                  Are you programming it to make sure the display always gives 40Rand and 60Rand as selections and then when you pick one of them it tells you that only multiples of 50Rand are available?

Comment

Will prices be out tonight for Aintree tomorrow?
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Are you programming it to make sure the display always gives 40Rand and 60Rand as selections and then when you pick one of them it tells you that only multiples of 50Rand are available?
                                                      Is there any logic behind the 60,120 etc rather than 50,100
                                                      etc.

Comment

humble bundle boardgames edition https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Comment

First pic of Jared Leto as The Joker.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Do you think its Bank of Ireland I work for?

We don't hate our users.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Is there any logic behind the 60,120 etc rather than 50,100
                                                              etc.
                                                              something, something number of notes, sensor something.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

birdie-birdie start for Tiger....Hope he burns it up!

Edit: The tracker lied to me. 2nd was a par.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 10-04-15, 15:13.

Comment

A Roman walks into a bar holds up two fingers and sez 5 beers please

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                      Will prices be out tonight for Aintree tomorrow?
                                                                      Yeah, all races should be priced up by 7pm

Comment

of

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        My child Rigger arrived just the other day
                                                                        He came to the world in the usual way
                                                                        But there were planes to catch and bills to pay
                                                                        He learned to walk while I was away
                                                                        And he was talkin' 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
                                                                        He'd say "I'm gonna be like you Tar
                                                                        You know I'm gonna be like you"

And the chd's in the cradle and the silver spoon
                                                                        Little boy icky and me m8 on the moon
                                                                        When you comin' home Tar?
                                                                        I don't know when, but we'll get tea then son
                                                                        You know we'll have a good tea then

My Riggs turned ten just the other day
                                                                        He said, "Thanks for the ball, Paul, come on let's play
                                                                        Can you teach me to throw", I said "Not today
                                                                        I got a lot to do", he said, "That's ok"
                                                                        And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
                                                                        And said, "I'm gonna have some tea, yeah
                                                                        You know I'm gonna some tea"

When you comin' home son?
                                                                        I don't know when, but we'll get tea then son

Well, he came home from college just the other day
                                                                        So much like a man I just had to say
                                                                        "Riggs, I'm proud of you, can you sit for a while?"
                                                                        He shook his head and said with a smile
                                                                        "What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys
                                                                        See you later, could we have tea please?"

When you comin' home son?
                                                                        I don't know when, but we'll have tea then son

I've long since retired, my riggs's moved away
                                                                        I called him up just the other day
                                                                        I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
                                                                        He said, "I'd love to, Tar, if I can find the time
                                                                        You see my new course's a hassle and it's tea time
                                                                        But it's sure nice talking to you, Tar
                                                                        It's been sure nice talking to you"

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
                                                                        He'd grown up just like me
                                                                        My boy was just like me
                                                                        I didn't need to wonder, what he had for tea.
                                                                        Nh.
                                                                        Class song but it always reminds me of bombing up the north.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Speith now -14. Profits taken and will toast him tomorrow as I indulge.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                            Speith now -14. Profits taken and will toast him tomorrow as I indulge.
                                                                            He's ruining the fun for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                              He's ruining the fun for the rest of us.
                                                                              done a wee bit on Rory a fews mins ago at 25s just in case the weather plays a part

Comment

First home game in years, excited! Not played since I used to have a home game in galway, ah good times.

Comment

Wanna get this posted so I'm not accused of aftertiming on Sun.

Have Charley Hoffman e/w @ 250/1.

Hope he can keep this up.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    My wedding is the same day as Ireland Vs Scotland.
                                                                                    I can see it causing one or two problems on the day
                                                                                    Bad planning. It's far from a coincidence that mine is on in July in a non football tournament summer.

Comment

if anyone is planning on playing on stars tonight dont bother servers are fucked and everyone is lagging disconnecting.

Comment

Ah, things that make you laugh.

"In the summer of 2005, it emerged that Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was grooming Smith as a successor to Roy Keane in the Manchester United midfield."
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Other things that make you laugh

"In the Spring of 2015 it emerged that mmmdoug didn't rate David De Gea"

I think I've got fucking hay fever, never had it before in my life. Is that even possible?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                            Other things that make you laugh

"In the Spring of 2015 it emerged that mmmdoug didn't rate David De Gea"

I think I've got fucking hay fever, never had it before in my life. Is that even possible?
                                                                                            In the summer of xxx it emerged that Kim Huybrechts believed Aguero was a flash in the pan.

I still stand by my de gea comment. I hope I am proved wrong(only if he stays with united).
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If anyone has steam I would highly recommend the South Park game on sale at the moment for a tenner

Comment

So the masters is basically over already? Bit anti climactic

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  Plenty of time for change. Norman and mcilroy spring to mind. I'm sure there are many others though as I watch golf very seldomly.

Comment

Give me an example aside from.decent people screwed out of an income by people who use the word disruption too much
                                                                                                    Google Translate app available free on all smart phones would absolutely blow someone's mind if you went back to 1970 for instance. Speak any sentence it auto understands your accent and outputs the translation instantly in most major languages.

Scan a page using camera in eg French and it instantly changes it to eg. English on the screen. I'm blown away here in 2015. Also the fact it free(kinda) and so ubiquitous.
                                                                                                    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Long way to go.

Comment

Landlady looking for our pps numbers for water. Four of us share digs. Do we have to give her the pps numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                          what price for Speiths aggregate score over the final two rounds to be over par?
                                                                                                          This is no flash in the pan . This guy is gonna wipe rorys eye a few times this year . Save yer gee gee money . Imo only Dustin can catch him now .

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Landlady looking for our pps numbers for water. Four of us share digs. Do we have to give her the pps numbers?
                                                                                                            2 numbers each should do it .

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                              Google Translate app available free on all smart phones would absolutely blow someone's mind if you went back to 1970 for instance. Speak any sentence it auto understands your accent and outputs the translation instantly in most major languages.

Scan a page using camera in eg French and it instantly changes it to eg. English on the screen. I'm blown away here in 2015. Also the fact it free(kinda) and so ubiquitous.
                                                                                                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 10-04-15, 21:10.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                what price for Speiths aggregate score over the final two rounds to be over par?
                                                                                                                I'll lay you evens

Comment

Golf fans everywhere won't know what to do with their Pringle jumpers this Sunday evening.

It's great.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                    @RDIII - You may have posted it already and I missed it but what was the outcome with EBS and morgage rate? And who offered you the lower rate to switch

Am with EBS so might try hit them up for a reduction
                                                                                                                    Still awaiting a letter. Think they are just dicking me around tbf.

KBC look best for a switch.

Comment

Pain in me hole looking for tiny x in the fucking sports streams

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                        Pain in me hole looking for tiny x in the fucking sports streams
                                                                                                                        Firefox with these add ons should sort it.

This too shall pass.

Comment

John Wick is drivel, but good drivel. Much killings of bad dudes although lacking in the tits and explosions departments.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X