This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poster Testimonials

In this thread please post recommendations for people you have staked/exchanged $ with in the past. Prompt payment, good play or whatever. You dont have to post, but it may help others to know those who can be trusted.

On a flip side feel free to highlight those who did not carry out an exchange, play a stake or not make arrangements to transfer winnings.

Abusing the facility offered in this thread may result in your posting rights for these forums being removed

Please note that any money transfers are at your own risk and IrishPokerBoards is not responsible. Use common sense before transferring

AK47, Emmet02 and Hornswaggl were staked last night by myself, Digiman and 72over, they are all trustworthy imo and no one should hesistate to stake any of them,

also AK47 cashed and shipped funds appropriately and was a pleasure etc

also Irish Iron i have shipped funds with and have staked previously and people should have no hesitation in dealing with him also
    Last edited by DrJFF; 16-02-10, 01:23.
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

I didn't get to see the lads play apart from a-k-47 who went deep and can add that he played solid.

I can also vouch for Hegzy as have had multiple dealings with him in the past.
      It's all an illusion

Comment

I would like to say i sent BrianByrne $27 only meant to send $6. there was a problem with ipoker and the previous transactions went thru not just the 1.
        He got my details and sent the monies back asap with no problems.
        http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Staked AndyFB, Hegzy and BrianByrne for a $5 + .50 20k on stars.

All ran well, wouldn't hesitate to stake any again.

Comment

Traded $100 around an hour ago, GracingYou fucked me over, i send first on stars and have yet to recieve my amount on Boyle and this person was in frequent contact with via pm has now gone offline

Advice / Opionions please

ps:if it is a misunderstanding i will remove this post tomorrow
            Last edited by Hornswaggl; 21-02-10, 12:00. Reason: the day is up

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
              Traded $100 around an hour ago, ill hold off on naming until tomorrow, i send first on stars and have yet to recieve my amount on Boyle and this person was in frequent contact with via pm has now gone offline

Advice / Opionions please

ps:if it is a misunderstanding i will remove this post tomorrow
              Sigh...

Are they known at least? Check their OPR and SharkScope see if they even play or hae tonight or something

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Sigh...

Are they known at least? Check their OPR and SharkScope see if they even play or hae tonight or something
                did he have many posts,hope u get it
                someone offered me boyles for stars he had 3 posts i refused.

Comment

lucky you i think i have been well and truly done, awell lesson learned, be very aware who you send money too, very naive/stupid on my part

Comment

PM each other to see if its same person

Comment

PM each other to see if its same person
                      I found a person a bit a bit suspicious a few days ago also

i pm'ed to see if same person

Comment

irish kelt staked him and cashed and transfered back to me straight away,i would stake him again and recommend him to anyone.

Comment

Did a person to person transfer with emmet02 and ShanetheMofo both transfered straight away no delay would recommend them

Staked CHD in a few tourneys / rush poker... Ran very well in the tourneys took some bad beats nothing could be done.. Still cashed in one or two and make me a few quid on the rush poker would definatly stake him again.

Staked Arualleinad, BrianByrne, emmet02, AK47, Hegzy in different tournaments all ran well hands they went out in couldnt be helped either and emmet02 cash in a sng for me

Would stake any of the above again, And if any of the above cashed I have no doubht they will transfer straight away any winnings.

If i missed anyone I staked sorry, I should have wrote this straight after, Its hard to think back

Comment

Have had dealings with DrJFF and Shano_88 recently.

I staked a-k-47 in the $5.50 turbo and he shipped 8th place.

All reliable.

Comment

Scammed

as promised the full script of me getting scammed of $100 by GracingYou

gHi mate, i can send 260ish comforatable on Boyles but can stretch to 300 if you dont wanna split it into two transfers.

Thanks

Luke.

Username on Stars GracingYou, if you wanna go ahead.

hyeah cool my boyle name is darNulty

email: paulina.nulty@gmail.com

id like to do it in 3 transfers of $100 each for safety purposes if you dont mind

pm me when you recieve this and we will get the ball rolling

ps, do you have transfer set up on your boyle acc

Regards,

Darren Nulty

gHi Darren, No problem doing it in 3 transfers at all i totally understand the implications this could threat for you.

Depending on weather you would be satisfied with transfers of 260 or you wanna go for the full 300, 2/3 transfers is fine, but let me know which amount your opting for.

Yeah i have p2p transfers on Boyles sorted out so no worries there.

Right lets get rollin.

Pm me when first transaction is complete and amount etc

Regards.

hcool ill go for wat ever is easiest your you

pm the amount and ill ship the first $100

Regards,

Darren Nulty

gWell if i go for 260 i leave myself about 130 left in there which is plenty for tourneys etc.

so 260 would be best for me mate

hil ship the fisrt ton on stars now and when i recieve on boyles ill go again

gOkay, sounds good,

will send the 100 on Boyles once ive confirmed the 100 has arrived on PS

hthen ill go again

gAlright the 100 is in,

shipping on Boyles now.

This was the last pm i recieved from GracingYou, soon after he was offine and i never recieved my transfer on boyles

Anyway, just doing this so others will not be stung as i have clearly been, sent him him another few pm's to no avail.

Regards,

Darren

Comment

staked 4 guys in a ft tournie

chd
                                syzlak
                                arualleinad
                                feetmagic

two guys cashed chd, & arualeinad

just like to say no problems with any of the guys and i would stake them again

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

[QUOTE=Hornswaggl;17253]as promised the full script of me getting scammed of $100 by GracingYou

gHi mate, i can send 260ish comforatable on Boyles but can stretch to 300 if you dont wanna split it into two transfers.

Thanks

Luke.

id like to do it in 3 transfers of $100 each for safety purposes if you dont mind

Regards,

Darren Nulty

gHi Darren, No problem doing it in 3 transfers at all i totally understand the implications this could threat for you.

Depending on weather you would be satisfied with transfers of 260 or you wanna go for the full 300, 2/3 transfers is fine, but let me know which amount your opting for.

Right lets get rollin.

Regards.

Regards,

Darren Nulty

gWell if i go for 260 i leave myself about 130 left in there which is plenty for tourneys etc.

gOkay, sounds good,

hthen ill go again

gAlright the 100 is in,

shipping on Boyles now.

This was the last pm i recieved from GracingYou, soon after he was offine and i never recieved my transfer on boyles

Anyway, just doing this so others will not be stung as i have clearly been, sent him him another few pm's to no avail.

Their seems to be new developments in this saga, i post the outcome on friday

hi know your online wheres my money ya cunt

gLong story, i recieved the transfer from yourself, then i sent it on to a friend whom i owe 800 euro to, when i logged on to boyles i realised i hadnt enough funds so i was embarassed to come back, ill transfer the 100 back to you on Friday.
                                  again many apologies.

Luke

hill give you till friday, but until then the threads stays

gNo problem, its evident i wont be able to show my face around here after this. and again after multiple fuck ups i apologise sincerley.

We will see how this ends!

Comment

I recieved a PM earlier from GracingYou looking to swap my Stars $ for Boyles. I didn't send any cash yet as I was waiting for a friend of mine to confirm whether he thought the person was legit or not. But after reading the above posts I won't be making any transactions with this person unless the matter with Hornswaggl is resolved.

My apologies to GracingYou if what he said is true.

Comment

how could he swap with you if he dosent have the money on boyles to pay me

Comment

GracingYou is a little scumbag

Comment

Guys I want to site ban this poster as he is clearly continuing to attempt to scam people, my concern is though that it will mean he wont be able to continue to contact hornswaggl.

Hornswaggl - I'm willing to take your steer on this

Comment

More information came to light that meant I've had to make a call on this. I've banned 2 users - GracingYou and CookieMister for scamming and attempting to scam this sites users. Both accounts are actually the same person.

This episode should be a warning to everyone to be extremely wary when transferring to other users. It is at your own risk and there is nothing we can do if the transfer goes wrong. Particulary when dealing with posters that are not known from this site as trustworthy or likewise from Boards.ie.

Dare I say that perhaps people have been a bit too trustworthy with transfers (and indeed stakes) since this site was created.

Comment

Is it possible to check his ip address to see if it matches one of boards.ie members?

I think it might be a strong possibility he is a current/ex boards user someone might know?

I hate the thoughts of this little f***er fetting away with this, He nearly got me as well but I wouldnt transfer first and he said "well i dont know you, so when your better known I can trust you" *rolleyes*

I know all dealings here are at our own risk, and noone should transfer first to a unknown, As you said let it be a lesson and I hope noone gets scewed again, But if checking IP address ist too much hassel... It might be someone we know
                                              Last edited by iri$hkelt; 24-02-10, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by iri$hkelt View Post
                                                Is it possible to check his ip address to see if it matches one of boards.ie members?

I think it might be a strong possibility he is a current/ex boards user someone might know?

I hate the thoughts of this little f***er fetting away with this, He nearly got me as well but I wouldnt transfer first and he said "well i dont know you, so when your better known I can trust you" *rolleyes*

I know all dealings here are at our own risk, and noone should transfer first to a unknown, As you said let it be a lesson and I hope noone gets scewed again, But if checking IP address ist too much hassel... It might be someone we know
                                                I just read all that stuff and I am of the very same opinion as you. We won't mention any names here but its pretty clear to me.
                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Hmmmmm, come to think of it there was a former poster who used to beg alot.

Comment

We can check IP's from here, but not from boards obv (even when we were mods we couldn't see IP's).

Best not to name any suspects names as there is no proof whatsoever, even though it is pretty obvious who you are referring to. I can say that from the emails used to register those accounts, there is nothing to suggest a link.

Comment

How about if users are required to enter a work or ISP email address when registering as these types of addresses usually use the persons name. this would deter scammers from register and trying to scam as they would be known to all. just my 2 cents/

Comment

Well its very easy to set up a new email address and he wouldnt be stupid enough to used his real email addy, IP address cant be changed so easily

You not know someone from boards who can do a check? Is it hard to check if IP's reflect one another?

Comment

it takes no time at all to change your IP address.

Comment

Ya, IP's are not difficult to change. The only thing I can think of that might be a use is to either restrict posting for transfers to a forum that is only accessable to those with more than 50 posts or whatever (with some trusted exceptions), or else if people are not sure, see if that can get a very reliable middle man to wait to receive both transfers before sending the opposite way. Hardly perfect, but where there is doubt involved, if you (as the requestor) can find someone suitable as an escrow for your request, it would make it a far less risky prospect.

Comment

I know its not hard to change your IP address but some people arent that smart

I think at least a restriction of 20 posts wouldnt be a bad idea as you should be a proper member of this community if your looking for money transfers. Its a great section to have and id hate to see it removed but its even worse to see genuine people getting screwed. Im sure this is a lesson for everyone and prop wont happen again.

My mate sent 400euro to a guy with 3 posts on boards first didnt see a penny. Worst of it was it wasnt his money, it was a loan from my brother So my bro lost out

Comment

How about a vouched thing like they have on Boards for the soccer forum?

You need an already vouched for person to vouch for you to be allowed access to the thread? Probably have to put it in its own forum then?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

You need an already vouched for person to vouch for you to be allowed access to the thread? Probably have to put it in its own forum then?
                                                                  who vouches for the first person?

chicken and egg scenario

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post

chicken and egg scenario
                                                                    people who've done transfers already.

There's quite a list

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post

chicken and egg scenario
                                                                      GOD
                                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                        GOD
                                                                        He's my uncle so I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

I'd be against this for a couple of reasons

- Its too much hassle.
                                                                          - If something went wrong then people may start looking for the person who vouched in the first place to share the blame. Its not very 'community'
                                                                          - There shouldnt be a need as long as people apply common sense before sending $ to anyone

Comment

Can you name and shame the poker SN in the OP.

Comment

#39

Thanks

Luke.

Regards,

Darren Nulty

Right lets get rollin.

Regards.

Regards,

Darren Nulty

gOkay, sounds good,

hthen ill go again

gAlright the 100 is in,

shipping on Boyles now.

Regards,

Darren
                                                                              note to moderators/owners: we should have an 'ouch!' button as well as a thanks

Comment

#40

Thanks

Luke.

Regards,

Darren Nulty

Right lets get rollin.

Regards.

Regards,

Darren Nulty

gOkay, sounds good,

hthen ill go again

gAlright the 100 is in,

shipping on Boyles now.

Regards,

Darren
                                                                                scumbag

Comment

#41
                                                                                  me and emmet02 staked these guys in a tournie earlier

shipping the monies was a little bit tricky but all the guys had no problem with it and everthing went smoothly
                                                                                  would stake them again

flishie
                                                                                  aruallienad
                                                                                  brianN
                                                                                  ryanhatfield
                                                                                  deccy

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Just a warning aswell if people are looking for dodgy $$ transfers they might use names of reputable posters on boards to encourage you to transfer first . for example "Tom Hanlon" is asking someone for $500 on stars . prob wouldnt happen but someone might get caught out at some stage by it ... Or maybe im giving out a good idea for scammers
                                                                                    You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Just done an exchange with 72over. Took me ages to transfer to him due to problems with my Stars account but he was very patient and transferred right back once he saw that I did. I see he's already a regular poster but anyone who's got any doubts or worries then you needn't have any.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Can vouch for Flishie. He's my bro...would be rude not to(also, he cashed in the micro million staked by myself)

edit: While I'm here, have had successful transfers to date with tipp86, GimpTheChimp, Starvin Marvin, Hornswaggl, chips1234 and a list of others too long that invested in me in the past but ya's know most of them.
                                                                                        Last edited by 72over; 04-03-10, 00:59.
                                                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

#45
                                                                                          If you are doing transfers with someone thats not well known here it would be very very silly to ship first. If they ship first you can't get scammed. If you aren't too well known here, then you aren't going to get to ship first.

Like seriously, if someone with very few posts, someone who clearly might be busto, or someone who has just spammed a lot asks you to transfer first then you might have a problem.
                                                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

#46
                                                                                            ...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#47
                                                                                              done transfers with irish iron and emmet both reliable

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Staked Irishkelt, Hornswogg, bubbleking87 and Maloney333,
                                                                                                Maloney wont he tournament and shipped the money back asap...
                                                                                                No problems staking or transfering with any of these folk again

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Staked Hegzy,Maloney333,Hooch and the aul switcharoo and will gladly have dealings with them again.
                                                                                                  All went fine.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by donk.com
                                                                                                    add me too msn SPPPPPPPPAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
                                                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUJbe5mls5Y[/ame]

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      just to say that

theshortstack and davidgti
                                                                                                      are two new posters on here but i took a chance on them a few days ago with an $11 stake each. the shortstack r&r'd and davidgti recieved his stake a bit late but shipped back asap, the shortstack got ko'd early a bit unlucky really.

anyhow both guys behaved admirally and i would stake them again if the oppertunity arose

el train:

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        David isn't new, he was on boards. Trustworthy imo.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          David isn't new, he was on boards. Trustworthy imo.
                                                                                                          Yep a long time poster on Boards, and is trustworthy despite being from Dungarvan.

Needs to stay away from drunken online roulette though

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Yep a long time poster on Boards, and is trustworthy despite being from Dungarvan.

Needs to stay away from drunken online roulette though
                                                                                                            whats wrong with dungarvan
                                                                                                            thats where iam from

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Staked peteypop & LAGingbehind in Scoop event.

Both played well, updated regularly and gave great sweats for tough field.

Peteypop cashed and transferred $$$ immediately.

Would not hesitate to stake both in future.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Would boylesports know who GracingYou is since he would have set up his account details there.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Had dealings with HiCloy today with player transfers. All went good(apart from stars limiting the transfer amount) and would happily deal with him in the future. ty sir

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Had dealings with Dimoxinil in players transfers. I was stuck for the buy-in to a game on FTP and he kindly offered to help me out. All went well and he offered to ship first.

TYVM sir. WP.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      staked crow into an $11 tournie (new poster)
                                                                                                                      he cashed and transfered the money asap
                                                                                                                      would stake again

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Winners (including myself) were not paid for this World Cup sweep run by Hornswaggle.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X