Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Royal Rumble Thread

Tonight 1am

Twenty-six years ago, the dream of modern-day WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, 30 Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in the World Championship main event match on this now aggrandized stage for the most brilliant competitors.

They can dance on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania XXVI. But first, one man will need to surpass the efforts of 29 opposing competitors with the same aspiration in the 2010 Royal Rumble Match.

A test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all costs, the Rumble Match is the definitive Battle Royal, where each Superstar’s prime objective is to propel their opponents over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. Every 90 seconds, one of 30 elite ring warriors with randomly drawn Rumble entry numbers joins the fray. Though luck of the draw can be a critical factor in such a high-stakes situation (ideally, entering at No. 30 like 2007 winner Undertaker and 2008 victor John Cena), past Rumble winners have included Superstars who kicked off the Battle Royal at No. 1 (as seen in 1995 with Shawn Michaels).

But, with bodies being tossed out every moment and fresh competitors coming in at such a rapid pace, it’s really anyone’s match.

In the end, the last Superstar standing can officially punch a gold-embossed ticket to Phoenix's University of Phoenix Stadium, where they will contend for a World Title of their choosing at WrestleMania.

However, as the saying goes, “You have to be in it to win it.” Tune into WWE programming and stay logged on to WWE.com as entrants are named for the 23rd annual Royal Rumble Match. Then be sure to witness this historic event live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Jan. 31, as the 2010 Royal Rumble brings WWE into the new decade.

At the Royal Rumble, following weeks of controversy, World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker will put the title on the line against Rey Mysterio. Will the ultimate forces of darkness cast their shadows over Mysterio’s unwavering heart?

On SmackDown Christmas Night, The Master of the 619 bravely challenged The Phenom for the World Title. But, no clear winner could be declared after Batista suddenly charged into their epic battle, igniting an all-out three-way brawl. Though Mysterio was the only Superstar standing when the post-match smoke cleared, the WWE Universe remained thirsty for a definitive outcome.

Mysterio refused to be denied, roaring back to presumably win the Beat the Clock Challenge the following week and, with it, an opportunity to face The Undertaker once more at the Royal Rumble. But, controversy over his interference in The Animal’s Challenge Match demanded that a showdown take place between the two former friends before the pay-per-view main event could be decided. Their fierce match only brought further uncertainty to the situation, after both war-torn Superstars were mysteriously attacked in darkness, a sure sign that The Undertaker had decided to make his ominous presence known.

In order to finally secure a definitive challenger for The Undertaker’s crown, a Steel Cage Match was announced on SmackDown between Mysterio and Batista. And in a fire of fast-paced fury, Mysterio overcame The Animal to take his place as the true No. 1 contender.

Sometimes, even a Superstar with the greatest drive has to be careful what they wish for or they may end up resting in peace. Since recapturing the World Title, the iconic Undertaker has been operating on his own plain of existence. His silent wrath has grown beyond his legend and his ability inside the squared circle seems to have surpassed that of ordinary men. The mere idea of him strikes fear in the hearts of any Superstar that dare take him on and many doubt if anyone in WWE will ever overcome his dominance.

Despite his size however, Mysterio has shown time and time again that he refuses to be denied. A former World Champion himself, the masked Superstar has taken on and defeated some of the greatest combatants that have ever laced up the boots, utilizing an explosive combination of experience, athletic ability and unrivaled passion. The high-octane luchador has proven that, on any given night, he can overcome the odds to climb the mountain to glory.

How will The Deadman successfully defend his World Championship against the Superstar whose competitive spirit refuses to die? Find out at the Royal Rumble, Sunday, Jan. 31 at 8pm/5pm PT, exclusively on pay-per-view.

Like a rough Irish whiskey, WWE Champion Sheamus has proven that, when trifled with, he's more than capable of leaving even the toughest man flat on his back. At the Royal Rumble, however, The Celtic Warrior must face a particularly sobering prospect: Defending his title against five-time WWE Champion Randy Orton.

While The Viper's inclusion in the WWE Title Match may seem unexpected, it should come as no surprise to those familiar with his methods. Orton recognized an opportunity during a Triple Threat Match on Raw to determine the No. 1 contender and, as usual, he quickly seized it. As he battled with his opponents, John Cena and Kofi Kingston, his henchmen from The Legacy, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase, caused enough of a distraction to allow the scheming Superstar the victory.

While Orton has never seemed interested in clothing his naked ambition, he should be careful what he's gotten himself into. Sheamus' rabid aggression and overwhelming strength promise to be a powerful antidote to the cold calculation and athletic agility of The Viper.

Will The Celtic Warrior be able to prevent Orton - with a possible assist by Legacy - from regaining the precious WWE Championship? Or will the pipes, the pipes be calling for the insistent Irishman?

To find out, be sure to catch all the action live on Sunday, Jan. 31 at 8 PM/5 PM PT, exclusively on pay-per-view.

Following the ECW Homecoming tournament, an Eight-Man Over-the-Top Rope Challenge decided who will square off against Christian for the ECW Championship at the Royal Rumble. The contest featured some of the top ECW Superstars both past and present all vying for a title opportunity. After a wild brawl, Ezekiel Jackson was the only ring warrior remaining, earning himself a match against Christian at the Royal Rumble.

Ezekiel Jackson’s victory was impressive to say the least as Hardy, Kane and CM Punk are all former ECW Champions and Vance Archer and Yoshi Tatsu are two of the Land of the Extreme’s most promising young stars. Previously Big Zeke showed just how dangerous he can be, especially under William Regal’s tutelage, with the strategic and powerful dismantling of former associate Vladimir Kozlov in an ECW Homecoming qualifying match. With his sights now set on the ECW Championship, there may be no stopping the 6-foot-4, 309-pound Guyanese Goliath, and with The British Brawler acting as his advisor, there’s no telling what unscrupulous tactics the two might employ.

Christian reclaimed the ECW Title at Night of Champions and has since defeated all challengers including Shelton Benjamin and Master Regal. Following a heated rivalry between Captain Charisma and Regal last year, what role will The British Brawler play at the Royal Rumble? The ECW Champion will no doubt need all the support he can gather from his Peeps as he prepares to once again defend his coveted title.

Ezekiel Jackson is on a roll and has built up a great deal of momentum heading into this match-up. Can Christian overcome what is perhaps his biggest and baddest threat to date to retain the ECW Title? Tune in to the Royal Rumble Sunday, Jan. 31 at 8 PM/5 PM PT, exclusively on pay-per-view.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Good post. My son's into this in a big way but he has not been watching it the past few weeks; this post nicely sums up the events of the past few weeks!

Comment

aww class, hope someone posts a direct stream(I dont understand the p2p and sopcasts really) as this will definitely keep me amused for the night
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Noy trying to be funny but what the funk has the wwe got to do with poker or gambling?

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
          aww class, hope someone posts a direct stream(I dont understand the p2p and sopcasts really) as this will definitely keep me amused for the night
          You will pick this up on www.justin.tv

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
            Noy trying to be funny but what the funk has the wwe got to do with poker or gambling?
            where else was I gonna put it?
            too big for the BBV imo

I ordered it tonight

check atdhe.net for streams around 1am
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              where else was I gonna put it?
              too big for the BBV imo

I ordered it tonight

check atdhe.net for streams around 1am

try any of the million fake sports for kids forums=======>>>>>

Comment

Shawn Michaels FTW 6/1 with PP...Get on
                "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

try any of the million fake sports for kids forums=======>>>>>

Comment

Who is the baddest mofo in it as per the show? And who is the most popular guy in it?

Back those two imo and you can't go wrong.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I wouldn't mind watching this, anyone know of any streams?
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Comment

The irish fella is on now

Comment

rigged imo

Comment

'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Easy, get a few people, stick a tenner into a prize pool, draw random numbers with the winner taking all and thus you got your gambling.
                                  Insert sig

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin View Post
                                    Easy, get a few people, stick a tenner into a prize pool, draw random numbers with the winner taking all and thus you got your gambling.
                                    So nothing then.

Comment

Working...
                                    X