Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to check this thread today
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

AFistfullOfDollars E/W at 9/2.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GoCvuu0dlQ[/ame]
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        I think the 8/1 Kimberlite King is standout value in the 2.00 Fairyhouse. He has his absolutely perfect conditions (bog heavy).
        didn't jump very well out of the ground today and was out on his feet at the last where he, er, fell over the fence

I was informed that Doctor Deejay would not lose , didn't want to put it up here given the state of the ground, hefty chunk of my Cheltenham winnings done @ 5/2. Serves me right on all counts.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ugh. Is anyone else not much of a fan of Paul Townend? I know he's young, but he just seems to get horses into the wrong places far too often.

Comment

Just slightly lucky there

Comment

Suuuuuuuuuper Kenny, 2nd race at Aintree

Comment

Horse tip!!! Going of in 10mins

Willing to put my horse racing knowledge on the line here.

Dimare in the 6.15 at Wolverhampton. Should get 7/1 or thereabouts.

Ive a fairly large ew bet on it. If only i had the balls to bet big id have made a fortune from R.Fahey/P.Hanagan winners this past month

EDIT - the horse is not from fahey's yard. Was just making that comment!
                Last edited by Guest; 09-04-10, 17:01.

Comment

Will lay it so

Comment

I'd this really desrving of it's own thread when there's already a thread designed for this very purpose?

MOD EDIT: Yeah, merged the two threads.
                    Last edited by TommyGunne; 09-04-10, 17:51.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

DoN Challenge off for another week. IMO
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dimare, more like nightmare
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                          I'd this really desrving of it's own thread when there's already a thread designed for this very purpose?
                          Merged the threads. For future reference, stuff like this can just go into the general horse racing thread.

Comment

Oneil gave him a joke of a ride. Made the doe back on Berrys winner in the first at dundalk tho

Comment

killutagh quenn available @2/1 with bet 365 in 3:55 @ Limerick

surely thats huge

Comment

Originally posted by atufone View Post
                                killutagh quenn available @2/1 with bet 365 in 3:55 @ Limerick

surely thats huge

will lay 6/4 to 100 for first person that wants it...2mins to off

Comment

will lay 6/4 to 100 for first person that wants it...2mins to off

closed now

Comment

2.20 windsor

Zebedee is supposed to be a steering job

ev money only

Comment

Originally posted by Rattled77 View Post
                                      2.20 windsor

ev money only

apparantly dumped the work rider twice, so seems tempermental and on them grounds i think he is worth taking on at the prices..

spencers mount with the previous experience could be very hard to peg back and the 3/1 looks a fair price..

Comment

2.20 windsor

ev money only

will lay this @5/4 up to ~300 if anyone is interested

Comment

Deposit funds PayPal Logo
                                          Note: You will be charged a fee of 1.5% of your deposit amount for the use of PayPal.
                                          Note: Betfair will not charge you for this transaction.

Amount (€):
                                          €7 - €750
                                          (min - max)
                                          Fee (€):
                                          Amount to be credited (€):
                                          Betfair password:

You will be redirected to PayPal's site to complete the transaction.

PayPal and Betfair accounts

Please note:
                                          - If required, currency conversion will be carried out by PayPal who may charge a fee.
                                          - You are only permitted to register one PayPal account against one Betfair account.
                                          - When making withdrawals from Betfair, you need to withdraw at least as much money to your PayPal account as you deposited from it before withdrawing by any other method or, for security reasons, we may need to reverse the transaction.

If you have questions about PayPal and the products PayPal offers, you can visit the PayPal Help Centre.

just in case anyone wonders why i wont lay it on betfair, the reason is in bold and underlined

Comment

I'll take €300 at 5/4 please on zebedee. Just quote to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                              I'll take €300 at 5/4 please on zebedee. Just quote to confirm.

you have it

Comment

Where is the transfer of money going to be? How do I know you have the funds? Can you just send me some sort of PM about that please? Sorry, I just don't know who you are.

Comment

Where is the transfer of money going to be? How do I know you have the funds? Can you just send me some sort of PM about that please?
                                                  on the way

Comment

Deposit funds PayPal Logo
                                                    Note: You will be charged a fee of 1.5% of your deposit amount for the use of PayPal.
                                                    Note: Betfair will not charge you for this transaction.

Amount (€):
                                                    €7 - €750
                                                    (min - max)
                                                    Fee (€):
                                                    Amount to be credited (€):
                                                    Betfair password:

You will be redirected to PayPal's site to complete the transaction.

PayPal and Betfair accounts

Please note:
                                                    - If required, currency conversion will be carried out by PayPal who may charge a fee.
                                                    - You are only permitted to register one PayPal account against one Betfair account.
                                                    - When making withdrawals from Betfair, you need to withdraw at least as much money to your PayPal account as you deposited from it before withdrawing by any other method or, for security reasons, we may need to reverse the transaction.

If you have questions about PayPal and the products PayPal offers, you can visit the PayPal Help Centre.

just in case anyone wonders why i wont lay it on betfair, the reason is in bold and underlined
                                                    Use moneybookers. Anyway, I'd rather pay 1.5% on lodgements than laying 4/5 shots at 6/4 because you can't use betfair

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Use moneybookers. Anyway, I'd rather pay 1.5% on lodgements than laying 4/5 shots at 6/4 because you can't use betfair

using betfair is not an issue....getting enough on to lay to the extent i want is due to a max deposit amount but which is only on it as of last week due to the use of a prepaid credit card to fund paypal and which returns a" sorry we can not accept deposits from this area" or something along them lines from betfairs end..

and the 4/5 is a matter of judgement, if people want to back a horse first time out @5/4 or less who cant get round the gallops safely, thats their choice..

Comment

and the 4/5 is a matter of judgement, if people want to back a horse first time out @5/4 or less who cant get round the gallops safely, thats their choice..
                                                        Deciding to lay a horse at 6/4 who is freely layable at 4/5 is also a matter of judgement. Each to their own I suppose...

Comment

Deciding to lay a horse at 6/4 who is freely layable at 4/5 is also a matter of judgement. Each to their own I suppose...

5/4 here and wat i could on betfair @ less brings it a far way from 6/4
                                                          and its only a matter of not been able to cover more than the 300 that limits me to what i can lay him for...giving the chance i would be quite happy to go broke here on what i know.

Comment

5/4 here and wat i could on betfair @ less brings it a far way from 6/4
                                                            and its only a matter of not been able to cover more than the 300 that limits me to what i can lay him for...giving the chance i would be quite happy to go broke here on what i know.

and i could have

p'm me details for shipping

Comment

Sorry yes 5/4 I was getting mixed up with the other horse looking to be laid @ 6/4

Comment

Sorry yes 5/4 I was getting mixed up with the other horse looking to be laid @ 6/4

yes and it stands to good reason the other one gets chinned

Comment

2.20 windsor

ev money only
                                                                  Thanks mate. Had £20 on it.

Atufone: If you have a prepaid credit card, why are you depositing via Paypal? Cut out the middleman.
                                                                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 12-04-10, 16:54.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

jeez...wish i got the 5/4 on offer.was out all day.wasn't as comfortable a win as i hoped for but a win is a win.

Comment

Alright BCB I've given that nag one more shot.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                        Willing to put my horse racing knowledge on the line here.

Dimare in the 6.15 at Wolverhampton. Should get 7/1 or thereabouts.

Ive a fairly large ew bet on it. If only i had the balls to bet big id have made a fortune from R.Fahey/P.Hanagan winners this past month

EDIT - the horse is not from fahey's yard. Was just making that comment!
                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        DoN Challenge off for another week. IMO
                                                                        Sigh
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                          a couple of horses tomorrow.

I think Middleton Dene will appreciate the step up in trip to 3m 1f and should lots of value to be had about him at 10/3 or so. He deffo has something in hand of his rating.

The next lad is a basket case of mine, According To John. I still say this lad is ridic well hcpd and has been crying out for a trip like he gets tomorrow. he never did a tap in a glue pot lto and whilst it was disappointing you have to forgive every horse in that race. He is also 2 from 2 at Ayr. at 66/1 he is worth a shot especially in first time blinkers.
                                                                          cheers noel got Middleton Dene at 11/2 and According to John @ 66/1

Comment

9/2, 50s now

Comment

Backed AtJ @70/1 in the early hours to win and just got 12/1 in the place market.

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                9/2, 50s now
                                                                                I back Middleton Dene with sportingbet at 9/2. I look back half an hour later, they've gone 11/2. Still generally 4s and next best 9/2, 6.0 on betfair. Just because of my cursed money on him obviously. Backed him again, should be 13/2 soon

Comment

I think Dom d'Orgeval has a great E/W shout at 20/1 and will have another small e/w on according to john

Comment

scots dragoon please
                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

According to John...gone!!

Comment

Have a bit EW on Enchanting Smile at 66's in the last at Doncaster.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Have a bit EW on Enchanting Smile at 66's in the last at Doncaster.
                                                                                          Nice one....4 bets for me today...3 fallers!!
                                                                                          You can only laugh at it

Comment

Heading out to Leopardstown, they've got a decent flat card today. Spent the morning marking the card, could prove a costly day!

Backed Mickail Glinka (6/4) in the 4.10 and Daisy Buchannan (14/1) EW in the 4.45. I've also laid Famous Name(.50) in the 15.35 and a bigger lay on September Morn in the 17.20!
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Heading out to Leopardstown, they've got a decent flat card today. Spent the morning marking the card, could prove a costly day!

Backed Mickail Glinka (6/4) in the 4.10 and Daisy Buchannan (14/1) EW in the 4.45. I've also laid Famous Name(.50) in the 15.35 and a bigger lay on September Morn in the 17.20!
                                                                                              Good luck. Personally I wouldn't be too keen to lay September Morn, he is by far the most likely winner imo. Askeria is a very interesting newcomer in the race, although on breeding she will probably in time need 1m4f rather than 1m2f

Famous Name is short enough so not a disaster for you if he wins, but he has a good record fresh and is the classiest horse in the race (Gan Amhras apart possibly, but he is one to avoid now obv). Wouldn't back him at 1/2 though!

Comment

Good luck. Personally I wouldn't be too keen to lay September Morn, he is by far the most likely winner imo. Askeria is a very interesting newcomer in the race, although on breeding she will probably in time need 1m4f rather than 1m2f
                                                                                                I agree he's most likely to win but I think he's still far too short in the market giving the competition in the race, Faranadooney and Maverick Man have decent claims and as you said Ashkeria must be a threat giving her breeding!
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I agree he's most likely to win but I think he's still far too short in the market giving the competition in the race, Faranadooney and Maverick Man have decent claims and as you said Ashkeria must be a threat giving her breeding!
                                                                                                  The September Morn maiden was a stronger race than the Faranadooney one, though the latter is entitled to improve alot considering it was his debut. Also to consider is that he was already gelded and started a big price, so he may not have been showing much at home, which again entitles him to a fair bit of improvement from that day. Step up in trip should suit him (I think Im talking myself into backing him )

September Morn's form is the best in this, and he doesn't necessarily need to improve to win, but as I said there may be improvement from any number of others in the race, including Bridge Mountain.

Maverick Man has to concede a fitness and form edge and will be doing well to win this imo.

Its a no bet race for me.

Comment

Layed Mikael Glinka there. Looks like he doesn't overly like getting his head in front. Definitely good enough though imo fwiw.

Comment

Also, will be laying September Morn. 5/6 is too short imho.

Comment

Also, will be laying September Morn. 5/6 is too short imho.
                                                                                                        Then he shortens into 4/6. Wp me.

Comment

Thank f*ck for that. Was pretty balls deep in it after the first 3 bets lost and did what any self respecting gambler would and decided to lay September Morn even more to recoup loses. 1.62 was a gift though!

On a side note, the beef rolls in Lepardstown are immense!
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Mikael Glinka is the new Drumbeat imo.

Good call on September Morn, never in the race. The Oxx filly was eyecatching imo.

Comment

Mikael Glinka is the new Drumbeat imo.
                                                                                                              Yeah, I though Murtagh gave him the perfect ride but Glinka just didn't produce that little bit extra when asked that he probably had in him to be honest!
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Caught for toe after 6/7f imo.

Can still see him winning the Derby tho.
                                                                                                                To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by robinblinds View Post
                                                                                                                  Caught for toe after 6/7f imo.

Can still see him winning the Derby tho.
                                                                                                                  I'd be very surprised. He didnt stand out as a potential Derby horse last year and imo didn't improve his chances today. I reckon he is well down the pecking order at home.

Comment

You could well be right. It'll be interesting to see how the form of that Ballysax pans out for the runners down the field.

Glinka did make up around 4 lengths very quickly once he found stride around a furlong out and I think he had a bit in hand at the end...he was certainly finishing the best - the winner was flat out.

A bloody gelding too - jaysus...what next?
                                                                                                                    Last edited by robinblinds; 18-04-10, 20:26.
                                                                                                                    To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Great performance from Hurricane/Mullins/Townend. Serious horse for next year if he stays fit.

Slighly off thread but I'm rolling half my returns over on to Glass Harmonium, 4.15 at Sandown today. G1 10f horse this year.

Comment

The Celebration Chase at Sandown today is intriuging. There is little doubht that Twist Magic is by far the best horse in this on his day. But he has often looked dodgy and refused to start on Tuesday in Punchestown. Because of this he is priced up at 6/4 today. This is a horse who keeps his best for Sandown, and if on form he would rout this lot. However there is quite a major doubt as to whether he will put the best foot forward or not. Originally I thought that despite the question marks over his temprement I was prepared to back him at 6/4 - If he jumps off ok and travels for the first furlong he will be nearer 1/2 in running. But then I decided to back him to win and lay to place @ 1.4. This seems to me to be a very good bet. Tbh I cannot see him finish 2nd or 3rd, if he is on form he will win, if he isn't he will either refuse or be tailed off. So I've backed him on the win market and covered my bet as a place lay.
                                                                                                                        Thought on this or am I mad?

Comment

Originally posted by npr View Post
                                                                                                                          Slighly off thread but I'm rolling half my returns over on to Glass Harmonium, 4.15 at Sandown today. G1 10f horse this year.
                                                                                                                          Crowded House for me. Race fit from Dubai, and has found his form again recently after a miserable 2009. 11/4 is more than fair imo. Obviously Laaheb and Glass Harmonium are very interesting horses for the season ahead but today I would rather be with Crowded House.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X