Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Omaha, Stud and Other Variants

Old 22-04-12, 18:07   #1
CheckRaise

Omaha coach

Any decent omaha coaches on here willing to sweat 6 max game and provide in depth analysis in real time and a bit of a review after each session?

PM with stats and prices.
CheckRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 19:39   #2
CheckRaise

Can you recommend any coaches from 2+2 or training sites for PLO50-PLO100?
Old 22-05-12, 20:00   #3
Micknail
and I

Give Mdoug a pm, he used to crush back in the day.
Old 22-05-12, 22:19   #4
Tremolo1

GodLikeRoy if you can afford it http://www.godlikeroy.com/coaching/

mindcirkus but think he charges a little high. Check training sites for others that are cheaper
Tremolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-12, 00:51   #5
Arazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo1 View Post

mindcirkus but think he charges a little high. Check training sites for others that are cheaper
Lol @ that link
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-12, 13:49   #6
Tremolo1

Whats so lol about it?
Tremolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-12, 01:18   #7
Arazi

3k for that package, what an egotistical bastard.
Thanks From:
Old 24-05-12, 01:27   #8
Sickpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
3k is very high im sure he gets customers but seems like a rip off to me.
Sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-12, 02:09   #9
cardshark202

Quote:
You're miles off. I don't know much about the guy in question, but do you understand that the idea of coaching is that it pays for itself? 3k is not crazy to be honest. If he's a good coach, that package doesn't seem like a complete rip off anyway.
cardshark202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 24-05-12, 14:33   #10
Samba

The package is for 15 hours 10+5 db review so $200 per hour.

I've shopped around a fair bit for plo coaches and assuming he's a good coach and player, it's a pretty standard price tbh.

I know of two other plo coaches, 1 small stakes and another mid to high stakes, both great players and coaches, the former charges $30-$75 (depending on stakes) per hour and the latter $175.

If you want contact details for either, send me a pm.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-12, 14:40   #11
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

Remember the days of AE Jones and his 8 hrs of audio for $5k.
Old 24-05-12, 17:40   #12
Arazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardshark202 View Post
You're miles off. I don't know much about the guy in question, but do you understand that the idea of coaching is that it pays for itself? 3k is not crazy to be honest. If he's a good coach, that package doesn't seem like a complete rip off anyway.
I've played with him quite a bit, it's lol that anyone would pay that. I wouldn't protest so much if he was offering it to players that met certain criteria but to offer it to the general community is an insult to people's intelligence. As for his ability as a coach I don't know but he says that he has less than 100 hrs of coaching experience behind him, the price is a joke. It's like cashing in on his pokerstars status.
Old 24-05-12, 19:00   #13
CheckRaise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo1 View Post

on his website:

If you would like to receive coaching, have your database analysed or inquire further please fill out & submit the form below and I will get in touch with you.

Form is not working.

Sign other people don't value his coaching much if he cant be bothered to check the form is working on a $200/$250 per hour income.
Old 24-05-12, 19:09   #14
cardshark202

Quote:
I've played with him quite a bit, it's lol that anyone would pay that. I wouldn't protest so much if he was offering it to players that met certain criteria but to offer it to the general community is an insult to people's intelligence. As for his ability as a coach I don't know but he says that he has less than 100 hrs of coaching experience behind him, the price is a joke. It's like cashing in on his pokerstars status.
I don't understand that sentence.
cardshark202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-12, 20:50   #15
Arazi

What I meant by that is that to glean enough value from a top class coaches teachings the student should be of a certain calibre in terms of intellect etc who would be able to understand the advanced strategies and their diversity.
I guess my argument is that he should be saying "apply for coaching, I'll analyse your game and decide if you qualify for this superadvanced high priced coaching or advise you to go elsewhere".
I'd imagine Tiger Woods' coach or Roger Federer's aren't promoting themselves to every Tom Dick and Harry @ the same rates that these guys pay.
Old 24-05-12, 21:52   #16
Bozzer

Quote:
What I meant by that is that to glean enough value from a top class coaches teachings the student should be of a certain calibre in terms of intellect etc who would be able to understand the advanced strategies and their diversity.
I guess my argument is that he should be saying "apply for coaching, I'll analyse your game and decide if you qualify for this superadvanced high priced coaching or advise you to go elsewhere".
I'd imagine Tiger Woods' coach or Roger Federer's aren't promoting themselves to every Tom Dick and Harry @ the same rates that these guys pay.
The average joe is very unlikely to spend big bucks on coaching and it's entirely possible that he would point someone elsewhere if he felt they were too green.
Bozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-12, 08:14   #17
EmaLaster

What is the average electric and water bill in omaha nebraska?

im doing a project for school and i have to pretend to live in omaha and buy a house. i have a 3 room house but im a single guy so i just need some sort of estimate to show my teacher.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-07-12 at 13:23. Reason: if I take out the link, this becomes comedy genius
EmaLaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-12, 10:03   #18
reilly110

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmaLaster View Post
im doing a project for school and i have to pretend to live in omaha and buy a house. i have a 3 room house but im a single guy so i just need some sort of estimate to show my teacher.

ask warren buffett...

Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-07-12 at 13:23.
reilly110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-12, 10:20   #19
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

That is some first class spamming. Ba-dum-tish.
Old 13-07-12, 11:54   #20
ianmc38

Yup automated spam bot.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Omaha, Stud and Other Variants