smalls pairs in CO, Push or Fold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smalls pairs in CO, Push or Fold?

busting out with small pairs alot lately, am i overvaluing them or i am just getting recent results orientated?

typical example earlier tonight.

Final Table €10 rebuy with no antes (this is on entraction) blinde levels are 10 mins

pay jumps are (these are guesses but wont be too far off)

next out, 133, 6th gets 145, 5th 173, 4th, 230
    3rd 310,
    2nd 450,
    1st 670

Entraction No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t2000.00/t4000.00 Blinds - 7 players -

BTN: t63086.00 15.77 BBs
    SB: t87696.00 21.92 BBs
    BB: t97684.00 24.42 BBs
    UTG: t19944.00 4.99 BBs
    UTG+1: t77094.00 19.27 BBs
    MP: t46422.00 11.61 BBs
    Hero (CO): t45074.00 11.27 BBs

Pre Flop: (t6000) Hero is CO with 5 :diamond: 5 :heart:
    3 folds, Hero?

i've always been jamming small pairs with anything less than say 12 BBs in this spot assuming its correct. i dont use an ICM calculator.

(note: been openshoving or folding since two tables out and was tempted to change to a r/f stategy for this one but thought it could be too transparent esp with two very capable and aggresive opponents on my left that i feared could expoitatively reshove)

Always shoving. Get 'em in, try and get a double up and look for the big money. I'd be shoving a bunch here not just pairs, any broadway draws and all Ax heads for sure.. ICM will say you should be shoving super wide here I think because people should be calling much tighter. ICM affects the caller not the raiser in these spots iirc, it's still a big portion of those players stacks. I don't really like r/c here with 5's. I'd probably r/c AJ+ and 88+ to induce.

Comment

r/f this shallow with anything of value is a huge leak, just shove or fold 95% of the time, r/c bladed if players behind are useless.

Shoving any pair, up to 15BBs deep from MP onwards is unexploitably +EV. ICM can play a part but in this case shoving is trivially best.
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Standard shove uhave 11 bbs and 2nd smallest with chips...u cant not shove in an unponed pot unless ur want to lather up the prizepool. No prob with that either but if you wanna win the tourney stick em in.

Comment

Do what you have been doing with the twelve bigs and less.Dont let recent results change your thinking,its the right play to shove when unopened.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleboy View Post
            Do what you have been doing with the twelve bigs and less.Dont let recent results change your thinking,its the right play to shove when unopened.
            ya been on a terrible sideswing (not even downswing) and was strating to question all my automatic plays and stuff that was even super standard i was going hang on a second??? am i doing something wrong.

happy that this was a simple straighforward push and unlucky to run yet again into an overpair

Comment

Working...
            X