Another Sunday Million sat hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Sunday Million sat hand

Before someone directs me to BBV, I ended up scraping a ticket with 2.5 BBs to spare. I thought at the time it was standard but started thinking about it later.
    32 left, I'm comfortable in 5th with 25 tickets and $65 for 26th.

PokerStars Hand #76975177425: Tournament #529682618, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (600/1200) - 2012/03/10 21:36:31 WET [2012/03/10 16:36:31 ET]
    Table '529682618 31' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: The Grass (12993 in chips)
    Seat 2: timdmd (41713 in chips)
    Seat 4: tsemini (19807 in chips)
    Seat 5: ergotrye (21803 in chips)
    Seat 6: u_connection (17324 in chips)
    Seat 7: hero (23889 in chips)
    Seat 8: mwilli5365 (11777 in chips)
    Seat 9: dangeAK (36088 in chips)
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to hero [Ah Ac]
    u_connection: folds
    hero: raises 1680 to 2880
    mwilli5365: raises 8772 to 11652 and is all-in
    dangeAK: folds
    The Grass: folds
    timdmd: folds
    tsemini: folds
    ergotrye: folds
    hero: calls 8772
    *** FLOP *** [Qs 7c 9c]
    *** TURN *** [Qs 7c 9c] [8c]
    *** RIVER *** [Qs 7c 9c 8c] [8h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    hero: shows [Ah Ac] (two pair, Aces and Eights)
    mwilli5365: shows [Qc Kc] (a flush, King high)
    mwilli5365 collected 26104 from pot

I definetly wouldn't be raise/folding. If you think you can fold to a ticket I think you can just open fold but I dont think you are at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
      I definetly wouldn't be raise/folding. If you think you can fold to a ticket I think you can just open fold but I dont think you are at this stage.
      +1

Comment

Once you've raised your getting all in with the best hand everytime. Nothing wrong.here just unlucky. Gl in the million
        airport, lol

Comment

Im not sure you were in a position to comfortably fold your way into a ticket so I think you played it correctly. 5th in chips but by looking at the other stacks at your table your not that far ahead of them. Often in these satellites play tightens up significantly around the bubble and hands take longer to complete on each orbit, and you could have found yourself in a similar position(ie. on 2.5 bb after folding the AA) on a different day and regretted folding them.
          Last edited by mfoleyAA; 11-03-12, 00:10.

Comment

never folding this here. Someone's gotta do the work to get the shorties out. if you don't do it, then who will? Also with 20bigs, you don't really have a ticket quite sewen up yet. UL and WP.

Comment

Just ship pre. You prob just take the blinds but that'll do nicely in your situation.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                never folding this here. Someone's gotta do the work to get the shorties out. if you don't do it, then who will? Also with 20bigs, you don't really have a ticket quite sewen up yet. UL and WP.
                He's 30 bigs and can quite comfortably fold to a ticket. AA is about the only hand i'd play (if any) but i'd be raising a lot more to make sure that i don't go multiway. With just 7 to bust, there's no need to take any risks at all

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                  This is flawed thinking. It is not our job to knock out players in a satty. We should not be going out of our way to knock out shorties.
                  Our main goal in a Satty is SURVIVAL,SURVIVAL, SURVIVAL by whatever means necessary.

I think in the above example it is marginal as to whether we can fold to a ticket or not. It will depend on what the average stack will be on the bubble. How far ahead of the lower stacks are we etc.

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                    This is flawed thinking. It is not our job to knock out players in a satty. We should not be going out of our way to knock out shorties.
                    Our main goal in a Satty is SURVIVAL,SURVIVAL, SURVIVAL by whatever means necessary.

I think in the above example it is marginal as to whether we can fold to a ticket or not. It will depend on what the average stack will be on the bubble. How far ahead of the lower stacks are we etc.
                    If everyone did that then the game would never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                      Lol of course it will end.. There's the blinds and antes and We will have guys making -ev pushes and calls all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                        If everyone played perfectly we should all just give up poker.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

By no means are you guaranteed a ticket so don't fault yourself, and even if this guy does beat you, you hav 10 bbs left so still not in awful shape (as evidenced!)

One thing though, and maybe people will disagree, but i definitely raise more here pf and possibly even open ship, std raises no good in this spot imo

Comment

What got me thinking later was bet sizing, as some have pointed out. I like the open ship option as the decision is out of my hands then and KQs shouldn't be getting involved then, with no fe. It's not foldable yet but a bit closer to the bubble in the same situation it probably is.

Comment

Think you just got unlucky here. If you look at it from the villians point of view, he has around 10bb left, I would guess that his current position is somewhere between 26 and 32th, he needs to make a move and he possibly thinks he has fold equity here or even if he hasn't that k,q isn't the worst hand to shove.

Comment

I open shove everytime here.

Comment

you have a good hand, wager multiple betting discs
                                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    He's 30 bigs and can quite comfortably fold to a ticket. AA is about the only hand i'd play (if any) but i'd be raising a lot more to make sure that i don't go multiway. With just 7 to bust, there's no need to take any risks at all
                                    hero has 24k
                                    Blinds are 600/1200

that's 20 big blinds (well it was when I went to school)

Comment

Working...
                                    X