Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

omaha hand, nuts til river pairs board, ugh??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omaha hand, nuts til river pairs board, ugh??

villains stats are 45/32 over 621 hands, he does bluff at me sometimes and goes on bad tilt at times although he's been playing reasonable this session and not as aggro as usual for some reason

€0.10/€0.20 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
    3 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    BTN (€14.29)
    Hero (€96.05)
    BB (€19.59)

Pre-Flop: (€0.30, 3 players) Hero is SB 7:heart: 9:heart: J:club: 8:heart:
    raises to €0.70, calls €0.70, Hero calls €0.60, BB folds

Flop: 6:club: 10:diamond: 8:diamond: (€2.30, 2 players)
    Hero bets €2.30, calls €2.30, calls €2.30

Turn: K:heart: (€9.20, 2 players)
    Hero bets €9.20, calls €9.20, folds

River: 6:heart: (€27.60, 1 players)
    Hero checks, goes all-in €16.77, [color="#777777"][i]Hero ??

any thoughts on how to play/what to consider in this recurring spot?
    cheers
    Last edited by bustamoves; 04-01-11, 13:49.

This situation is 100% opponent dependant. there is no default line. All the draws missed, so that would tempt me to call as he could easily have a huge draw with alot of equity on the turn.
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Given your thoughts on the opponent, I think you have to call. Any flush or higher straight draws have missed so once you check the only way he can win with these hands is by betting. I like a check-call here as betting only gets called if beaten, check calling probably ends up being win 45%; lose 45%; chop 10%. You'd need to know the villain is a rock to fold here.

Comment

I think you have the nuts still on the river. As stated above, both flushdraws have missed. And The way he played the hand you can tell that he was fishing for it. I think his bet on the rivers a stone cold bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
          I think you have the nuts still on the river. As stated above, both flushdraws have missed. And The way he played the hand you can tell that he was fishing for it. I think his bet on the rivers a stone cold bluff.
          Cant have the nuts now on the paired board

Im assuming you mean you think he's still ahead?

bustamoves are the stack sizes wrong because the villain started with €19.59, he put in €12 before the river and then shoves for €16.

Anyway I'd prob fold this one

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post
            bustamoves are the stack sizes wrong because the villain started with €19.59, he put in €12 before the river and then shoves for €16.
            Well spotted!

Comment

I think the way the hand is played you have got to call, I wouldn't bet full pot on the turn if you were planning on folding to a 65%-ish pot shove on a paired river. There's just so many draws that bricked imo you gotta call.

*The villians stack size mistake in the OP makes the decision more awkward to comment on obv.
              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post
                Cant have the nuts now on the paired board

Im assuming you mean you think he's still ahead?

Anyway I'd prob fold this one
                dunno whats happening. tried to convert again using weaktight and it leaves out this info

CO villain €28.97

anyway there goes. well spotted.

Comment

Fold pre

As played Id call based on certain reads on opponent. Huge amount of combo draws missed as Ian said.

Comment

Originally posted by LightDrum View Post
                    Fold pre

As played Id call based on certain reads on opponent. Huge amount of combo draws missed as Ian said.
                    3 handed a mid run down, even with a gap at the top, is a pretty strong hand. Especially against most BTN opens

Comment

Fold pre

Fold pre? Surely not!
                      http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                      http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                          Is your new years resolution to try make Mahony look bad?

You've been trying the last few days

Comment

Fold pre

have to disagree with this
                            it s never a fold pre flop
                            as played i d be folding now

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                              have to disagree with this
                              it s never a fold pre flop
                              as played i d be folding now
                              I'm saying its a fold because its a bad hand which will be v difficult to play oop. We do not hold any high flush draws and alot of wraps we hit can be dominated making the hand as I previously stated hard to play oop.

Can I ask why it is never a fold pre?

Comment

I'm saying its a fold because its a bad hand which will be v difficult to play oop. We do not hold any high flush draws and alot of wraps we hit can be dominated making the hand as I previously stated hard to play oop.

Can I ask why it is never a fold pre?
                                if i start dropping these hands which i dont think are necessarily that hard to play oop
                                then i worry that i will be a perceived as a complete nit (which i will!) and get zero action when i do enter a pot.

(i went through a phase of this, playing only good-very good hands and found that when i played a hand opponents just shut down completely) unless they flopped the nuts

what do u think? honestly i dont think i'll ever be folding this hand oop or not unless i can be convinced its a leak

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                                  3 handed a mid run down, even with a gap at the top, is a pretty strong hand. Especially against most BTN opens
                                  If you can play well oop vs an aggressive opponent fine, I wouldn't bother getting into these spots 6 max multi tabling.

Comment

I dont think folding pre is OUTRAGEOUS or anything, but I certainly wouldnt unless the other players were very very good

I call river as played, he has enough draws or hands turned into bluff

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                      I dont think folding pre is OUTRAGEOUS or anything, but I certainly wouldnt unless the other players were very very good

I call river as played, he has enough draws or hands turned into bluff
                                      this is 10/20 cent of course their good, this aint 2- 4 cent

Comment

this is 10/20 cent of course their good, this aint 2- 4 cent
                                        please be a level

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                                          please be a level
                                          +1

Comment

meh, think you have to call here. If he has a set and was playing to get lucky, fair play. Way too often this is missed straight/flush draw. You're calling 16 euro to win 43 euro, I think he is definitely bluffing enough times for this to be a profitable call.

Comment

Working...
                                            X