Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
    17 takes for that final number - i shit you not
    I'm intrigued to know if that was the best one she did
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-12-19, 10:39.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Philomena Begley has always been a fond friend of Shane's, she has been very I'll recently so I think some of the comments here are a little unfair.

Shane himself is in far better nick than he was say 5 years ago, he is in a wheelchair because he broke his pelvis, he has been walking little by little over the last month. Shane is in great form with himself and is happier than he has been for some time, considering the lifestyle that Shane lived for 30 plus years and for someone whos obituary was being written 30 years ago I think he is doing ok for a man turning 62 in less than two weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            wowsers Shane MacGowan looks and sings like Stephen Hawkings these days. Does he still drink or this is a residue of past excuses?
            Very very occasional glass of red wine but almost nothing.

Comment

Comment

Lisa O'Neil though..
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                  Philomena Begley has always been a fond friend of Shane's, she has been very I'll recently so I think some of the comments here are a little unfair.

Shane himself is in far better nick than he was say 5 years ago, he is in a wheelchair because he broke his pelvis, he has been walking little by little over the last month. Shane is in great form with himself and is happier than he has been for some time, considering the lifestyle that Shane lived for 30 plus years and for someone whos obituary was being written 30 years ago I think he is doing ok for a man turning 62 in less than two weeks time.
                  I don't think any comments are actually directed at Shane or Philomena, rather at RTE and how their decision that the best manner to pay homage to Shane, The Pogues and Fairytale of NY was via that performance last night.

Having both involved significantly isn't the issue but I think it could have been delivered in a more flattering manner.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    Lisa O'Neil though..
                    https://youtu.be/jY9FrJmAf0A
                    Cracking voice
                    Real old style

Comment

Listened to a piece with Mark Steel about an argument he had with a prominent member of the Green party

She decided to run in a seat that labour only won by about 300+ votes last time, he said to her that
                      she was handing the seat to the Tories and labour would implement more Green policy than the Tories

Her reply was that Labour couldn't win the seat on their own

She was all about defeating the Tories

When he pointed out that her vote wouldn't be added to the labour vote to defeat the Tories she stopped replying to him

Tories won by about 1000
                      She got 1500 votes

Animals anyway...
                      Last edited by Guest; 14-12-19, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        wowsers Shane MacGowan looks and sings like Stephen Hawkings these days. Does he still drink or this is a residue of past excesses?

Is there a reason so many people call Hawking Hawkings? It's become so common that I'm thinking there must be some joke that I'm missing out on.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                            Listened to a piece with Mark Steel about an argument he had with a prominent member of the Green party

She decided to run in a seat that labour only won by about 300+ votes last time, he said to her that
                            she was handing the seat to the Tories and labour would implement more Green policy than the Tories

Her reply was that Labour couldn't win the seat on their own

She was all about defeating the Tories

When he pointed out that her vote wouldn't be added to the labour vote to defeat the Tories she stopped replying to him

Tories won by about 1000
                            She got 1500 votes

Animals anyway...
                            Presumably 120 years ago the fledgling Labour party would have been accused of the same thing, no chance of winning but taking votes from the ideologically closest party and handing the win to the common enemy.
                            You'll never grow to be in a position to win unless you continually contest these elections.
                            Electoral system is terrible obviously.

Comment

I don't see how Shane outliving the death predictions makes him remarkable. His body of work does. 62 isn't old and despite his apparent hip injury . He acts elderly . It's sad. He's a legend but don't be using his avoidance of the grim reaper as anything to admire . Plenty of poor feckers in the same boat. He is the product of his lifestyle .

Comment

Thanks for the advice, duly noted. Now go back to trying to be funny....

Comment

Thanks for the advice, duly noted. Now go back to trying to be funny....
                                  I try and fail but thats due to my hard living in the 90s . Should be dead myself. No credit for it though. Hope i didnt annoy you hun.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Billionaires age slower
                                    Just by coincidence I read yesterday that Mark Cuban is 61

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      I try and fail but thats due to my hard living in the 90s . Should be dead myself. No credit for it though. Hope i didnt annoy you hun.
                                      Not at all sweet cheeks, thought we were flirting??

Comment

Not at all sweet cheeks, thought we were flirting??

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Just by coincidence I read yesterday that Mark Cuban is 61
                                          Big fan of Cuban with the Dallas Mavericks, one of the first owners to take a very active involvement in player welfare, huge investment in sports science & analytics plus very savvy in the past number of years.

Pretty quick to make systematic changes in the organisation after some unsavoury reports, overall likeable guy I think:

Recent appearance on Cold as Balls with Kevin Hart:

Shark in the water! Mark Cuban trades in his shark tank for a cold tub as he joins Kevin to discuss the state of the country, buying the Mavs, and awful offi...

Comment

Just spent an hour organising my wine cupboard pre-Xmas. Put a lot of good bottles to the top of the pile, then a pile of crappy bottles as presents for people who don't know wine.

Wonderful time well spent.

Also found a box of jars and cans of French deliciousness. Coq au vin de Cahors for dinner so!
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone see David Keenan live? Just discovered his music today. Nice to see he hasn't lost his Dundalk twang

David Keenan playing "James Dean" live for Loustic SessionsShot in Paris, September 14, 2019Subscribe to the channel: http://bit.ly/2FWcNhrGuitar, vocals: Da...

On Shane McGowan couple of neighbours and another bloke I know supported Shane McGowan last night. They play with him regularly actually, must have a chat with them over the holidays. Same bloke used to call over to my home place in his teens to play folk and ballads with my oul lad after helping fix up his old BSA Bantam bike.

Comment

I'd say Ionapaul loved that, some comeback at the end. Great win by Ulster last night too.

Now onto Munster to beat the cheating scumbags.

Comment

Best website to buy prescription glasses?
                                                  Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 14-12-19, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    Best website to buy subscription glasses?
                                                    Looks like you could do with a new pair 😎
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Looks like you could do with a new pair 😎

I'll change mine so i only look 50% as dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                        Best website to buy prescription glasses?
                                                        I got my raybans glasses (not sunglasses) for 200 cheaper on spex4less than in a B&M.

Comment

The amount of work the vunipolas get through is just on another level!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            The amount of work the vunipolas get through is just on another level!
                                                            You would work hard if you were getting paid as much under the table as those lads...

Comment

Munster and Saracens doing good job of knocking each other out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                You would work hard if you were getting paid as much under the table as those lads...
                                                                Lol, it's definitely not under the table, never has been, it's just on another table!

Comment

Munster and Saracens doing good job of knocking each other out anyway.
                                                                  Last 2 games for racing are munster and sarries away. All to play for imo

Comment

Lol, it's definitely not under the table, never has been, it's just on another table!
                                                                    A table cover(up)?

Apparently their chairman (the cheating Wray) has been told he is not welcome at any other Premiership ground. In a sport like rugby, that's even more of an indictment than the points and monetary fine.

Must be awful being a Munster fan these last 7/8 years. They keep putting everything into Europe but consistently just don't quite have the smarts to win the big games.

Comment

Last 2 games for racing are munster and sarries away. All to play for imo
                                                                      Racing-Munster in Paris though. Can't see Munster getting a result.

Hilarious how lopsided the group draws can be. Northampton will probably get out of Leinster's group, despite being not very good.

Comment

Not even a bonus point against the bottom team in the Aviva Premiership.
                                                                        Shows the gulf between the leagues I guess.

Comment

Ok after all the chat in here I forced myself to watch the late late show today. Pat Shortt, wtf. Turned that off. Best lol of the night was when soup run blonde lady said she couldn't phantom why something happened instead of fathom without a hint that she might be wrong. Shane McGowan, sad to see him dribbling and hardly able to move. Still witty tho as he had a few good one liners. Philomena Begley, meh. Probably afraid to fuck up and not used to the autocue, would give her the benefit of the doubt that she was reading a line ahead and she fucked up. Being able to fast forward should be the only way to watch telly. What a shit show.

Also watched Graham Norton today and the contrast in the shows is unreal. That's my boring Saturday summed up.

Comment

That kick for the corner was beyond bizarre??

Comment

This is gonna be some bating.

Comment

This is gonna be some bating.
                                                                                Yup. Try 1, 2 mins.

Comment

That kick for the corner was beyond bizarre??
                                                                                  Awful decision and it wasn't even close!

Comment

Actually forgot to go to this match. Must be going senile.

Comment

Try 2, 5 mins.

Comment

I mean the one thing that has always set Munster apart was their game management just bizarre.

Comment

Maybe they simply don't trust Hanrahan's kicking?

He missed a simple kick to put them 9-3 up. And missed an easy drop goal at the death vs Racing to win that game too.

Comment

Try 3, bit of a famine there and the minor inconvenience of a Northampton try but back on track.

Comment

Maybe they simply don't trust Hanrahan's kicking?

He missed a simple kick to put them 9-3 up. And missed an easy drop goal at the death vs Racing to win that game too.
                                                                                              Shouldn't really matter. Good position and same result either way. Probability of getting the kick vs probability of getting a try must be massively bigger.

Comment

Try 4 and a bonus point before h-t.

We are too good.

Comment

Try 4 and a bonus point before h-t.

We are too good.
                                                                                                  Spilt up Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                    Spilt up Leinster
                                                                                                    Well, if you look at the amount of Leinster players playing for the other provinces, it's already happened!

Comment

Went to see The Paper Kites in Whelens last Sunday’s, great gig.

Studio version

Live version

Comment

A losing BP for Northampton might be a strategically sensible thing to give away here. Could well meet them in the QF in that case.

Comment

Well, if you look at the amount of Leinster players playing for the other provinces, it's already happened!
                                                                                                          None of them were starters when they left. In fairness a huge conveyor belt of talent either move or carry tackle bags in training.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                            None of them were starters when they left. In fairness a huge conveyor belt of talent either move or carry tackle bags in training.
                                                                                                            Yeah, lads like Ian Madigan and Marty Moore (to pick two) certainly made good decisions to move on.

Especially from a financial perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              I got my raybans glasses (not sunglasses) for 200 cheaper on spex4less than in a B&M.
                                                                                                              Jaysus what sort of glasses budget have you to get 200 off. I would usually only spend about 200
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I'd say Ionapaul loved that, some comeback at the end. Great win by Ulster last night too.

Now onto Munster to beat the cheating scumbags.
                                                                                                                Yeah, special day at the Sportsground. Was quite funny, was sitting in the open stand this time around and this lad wandered in for the 2nd half and sat nearby; probably had been in the terrace for the first half. Anyhow, he was one of these whiny ref-is-always-wrong types, very moany; when Gloucester scored their last try he angrily exclaimed it was all over, no way back, got up and headed off!

Obviously I thought that yeah, Connacht are unlikely to get anything out of this but feck it, it's not over yet. And what a final 5 minutes! Ah, the joy of supporting Connacht
                                                                                                                Last edited by ionapaul; 14-12-19, 20:17.

Comment

...

Comment

I thought the white power symbol accusations thing was a joke but people are actually serious. WATTBA.

Comment

8/1 for internationals v USA presidents cup...

love burning money !
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Reed and jonhson to drop please
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

33/1 now....wow....
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X