X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KK 200bb deep river spot.

Villian is a LAG BE players over 66k hands
    29/21 2.0 agg
    In earlier hand on session he 3bets BTN open from SB - calls my 4bet, xrai on AdQd5s with T7dd
    When he calls flop & turn i'm putting him on JJ-QQ & but he can also have AA here & maybe slow played sets.
    Whats the best river line ?

PokerStars Hand #96000776970: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2013/03/23 11:09:17 WET [2013/03/23 7:09:17 ET]
    Table 'Naantali II' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: couture1974 ($119.43 in chips)
    Seat 2: tomtom2 ($50 in chips)
    Seat 3: kalmario ($36.66 in chips)
    Seat 4: xjlking0271 ($55.40 in chips)
    Seat 5: 12ziz12 ($105.51 in chips)
    Seat 6: aHDpeuKo ($43.03 in chips)
    aHDpeuKo: posts small blind $0.25
    couture1974: posts big blind $0.50

*** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to couture1974 [K K]
    tomtom2: folds
    kalmario: folds
    xjlking0271: raises $1 to $1.50
    12ziz12: calls $1.50
    aHDpeuKo: calls $1.25
    couture1974: raises $6.75 to $8.25
    xjlking0271: folds
    12ziz12: calls $6.75
    aHDpeuKo: folds
    *** FLOP *** [T 7 3] $19.50
    couture1974: bets $11.75
    12ziz12: calls $11.75
    *** TURN *** [T 7 3] [9] $43.00
    couture1974: bets $30
    12ziz12: calls $30
    *** RIVER *** [T 7 3] [9] [9] $103.00
    Hero ??
    sigpic

Why are you putting him on JJ or QQ? That seems like you have just plucked some hands from the air. He called a 4 bet oop with T7s so his range should be a lot wider.

How aggressive is he post flop? I'd probably check fold here (calling a small bet), JJ and QQ will check behind on this river.

If he is very aggressive and will pounce on weakness then you are in a very difficult position.

Most draws now beat you, i'd be worried about flush draws and 89

Comment

Agree with HJ for.most part, putting him on such a narrow range is ridiculous!
      I'm not personally a fan of betting turn, alot of flop calling range will improve on turn.
      Definitely cbet flop, I would prefer a c/c on turn and re-evaluate the river, maybe thats slightly passive and may lose value in some spots but a better option imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        Why are you putting him on JJ or QQ? That seems like you have just plucked some hands from the air. He called a 4 bet oop with T7s so his range should be a lot wider.

How aggressive is he post flop? I'd probably check fold here (calling a small bet), JJ and QQ will check behind on this river.

If he is very aggressive and will pounce on weakness then you are in a very difficult position.

Most draws now beat you, i'd be worried about flush draws and 89
        Yeah I agree Hector.
        To narrow a "Range" a "Range" of JJ-QQ, sets & AA for him is madness. As you said he did call our 4b in previous hand with T7s OOP, so he can have lots of funky hands here. I guess I was trying to justify they way I played the hand, maybe I got too attached to the over pair.
        I think xc turn and evaluate the river is prolly the better line. I know he can try to bet us off our hand when we check river and he puts us in a sh1tty spot. There are a lot of cards to come that he can try to rep & if he is aware our hand is pretty much face up.
        Last edited by Luckycharms_74; 23-03-13, 13:59.
        sigpic

Comment

The size of the turn bet as a proportion of your stack leaves you with little option on the river either ck/f or ck/c , if you ck/c then I think a lot of the time your reloading but at least you've covered the bluff or semi bluff if its there. ck/f for me and rebuild!!
          Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

He can easily have A 10 or K 10 here.

Check, if he bets, crying call.

Comment

Working...
            X