triple chance PLO and NLH full stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

triple chance PLO and NLH full stack?

Looking for credible reasons why I should or shouldn't take a full stack to the table in a double or triple chance PLO or NLH game, I know the obvious reasons for both sanarios ie bigger double ups and if unlucky extra chance to stay in etc etc. Percentage wise what is the right thing to do?

The correct approach will depend on variables including:

Your edge [or lack thereof] over the table/field
    Table dynamics
    Strategy of other players
    Blind levels/Tournament structure
    Your bank roll & attitude to risk
    Frequency of table changes/breaking
    You motivation for playing - i.e. would you like more table time vs. a bigger chance of the outright win
    Your playing background/style - i.e. how well do you play different stack sizes

A mistake many players make in these events is failing to either [A.] punt or [B.] put the additional lammers in play early on, so they effectively play the event as a starting stack + double top up, which is a massive mistake.

Many might prefer to take a few orbits to observe what is going on at the table, and then make a decision...
    Last edited by colm_leche; 07-09-15, 14:08.

Comment

Generally, if even 1 person buys in for the full stack, i will too. If everyone sits on their first stack, then i'll also do it but once someone doubles up, i'll grab another stack.

Omaha is a bit more 'gamble gamble' so you might fancy punting on a couple of draws early on knowing you have some stacks behind, and this is fine. It is a re-entry though, so i'd be more inclined to get the full stack (as above) and take some early gambles with 1st stack.

Comment

Cheers lads

Comment

Working...
        X