1.30pm Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle
    2.05pm RSA Chase
    2.40pm Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle
    3.20pm BetVictor Queen Mother Champion Chase
    4.00pm Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase
    4.40pm Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle
    5.15pm Weatherbys Champion Bumper
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Notice black hercules is entered in gowran on thursday,still no entries for golantilla,Modus looked very decent on new years day,stephens has said he'll go straight to the champion bumper,would think there's worse 12/1 shots out there if he improves from that run.
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

The Ante post prices on PP are frankly shocking
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

They nrnb look skinny enough alright,would think now is the time to take a nibble if your in the Black hercules camp,would think they'll knock a few points off come thursday when the black type gets under way.
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Do we think SS goes to the Champion Chase? Increasing bad feeling (from racing fans perspective) he doesn't.

Which horse at a decent price do we think has the soundest credentials? Considering a decent ew chunk on Captain Conan NRNB.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Yup Sprinter confirmed out, vibes never seemed right tbh.

Diabolical standard race now it must be said. Wonder if there'll be any surprise entries.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Yup Sprinter confirmed out, vibes never seemed right tbh.

Diabolical standard race now it must be said. Wonder if there'll be any surprise entries.
              SIMONSIG

Comment

I'd love to see Cue Card being supplemented
                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                  I'd love to see Cue Card being supplemented
                  Simonsig would destroy him

Comment

So should I just rip up my antepost Golantilla tickets now?

For QMCC, Sizing Europe will prob get a spin in it now, Al Ferof, Hinterland or Beneficcient maybe. Nicholls may as well run Hinterland here, looks about as tough as the Arkle

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                      So should I just rip up my antepost Golantilla tickets now?

For QMCC, Sizing Europe will prob get a spin in it now, Al Ferof, Hinterland or Beneficcient maybe. Nicholls may as well run Hinterland here, looks about as tough as the Arkle
                      Golantilla was given a easy time today, don't think he will be wining any champion bumper but I wouldn't rule him out

Comment

Quote from willie mullins today after killultagh vic won

“It looks like we have four horses for the Cheltenham Bumper at the moment and along with this fellow, Shanes Hill, Black Hercules and yesterday's winner Westhorpe could all go.”

Nothing about royal caviar who is as low as 10/1.
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                          Quote from willie mullins today after killultagh vic won

“It looks like we have four horses for the Cheltenham Bumper at the moment and along with this fellow, Shanes Hill, Black Hercules and yesterday's winner Westhorpe could all go.”

Nothing about royal caviar who is as low as 10/1.
                          Four turns to five with no entry for royal caviar,Aminabad getting the nod along with the above.
                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Does Value at Risk run in the bumper? 14/1 looks huge if he runs.

Comment

re david pipe "Un Temps Pour Tout was lame after exercise today and is very doubtful for Cheltenham,"
                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

I presume Bright New Dawn won't be running in cheltenham now seeing as he lines up in Naas tomorrow. Any ideas why he didn't travel over? Also, at a preview night the other night, the panel were less than enthusiastic towards Faugheen. Sentiments such as " the gun has never been put to his head" , "form is only on testing ground", "jumping is a bit slow" and "has beaten nothing" were put forward by the panel. They reckon the price is far too short for what he has achieved. What are people's thoughts? I have already backed him myself.
                                Last edited by TonyCascarino; 08-03-14, 18:30.

Comment

A sporting Lucky 15

I believe the following four will pay modest dividends over the week. Dunquib, Kiltulagh Vic,Foxrock,Shotgun Paddy.Invest the price a short journey train ticket on a Lucky 15,and with luck it shall return the cost of a week long sojourn to Las Vegas.

Comment

limited time 5/1 on Faugheen on paddy power cant link at work but its on their twitter
                                    airport, lol

Comment

If Faugheen loses tomorrow, it may well be the biggest loser of my betting career
                                      I'm backing him consistently from Jan
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Ding Ding, Round 2 ...

Red Sherlock for me. Stayed on very well on his last visit albeit on different ground.
                                        Last edited by White Knight; 11-03-14, 19:08.

Comment

Pretty Dire Tuesday. Totally unenjoyable after OC's demise.

Day 2 Team....

Faugheen (on @9/2 and in the DP camp)
                                          Morning Assembly/Bailey Green E/W double
                                          Shaneshill in the Bumper

Rest to be decided over breakfast

Comment

Sire De Grugy pretty big for me and tempted by the double with Faugheen.

Comment

Selections for tomorrow

Royal boy
                                              Don Cossack
                                              Son of a Flicka
                                              God only Knows
                                              Balthazar King
                                              God only Knows
                                              Third Act

Good luck all
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Tomorrows treble is;

Faugheen
                                                Smad Place
                                                Module

Comment

Not the worst first day apart from the heartbreak with OC.

Tomorrow's choices are:

Balleycasey Win
                                                  Star Neuville win (for a bit)
                                                  Neck or Nothing @25s ew

Lucky 15 -
                                                  Balleycasey
                                                  Star Neuville
                                                  Cotton Mill
                                                  Faugheen

Then have Faugheen in first leg of doubles and trebles.

Comment

Lucky 15

Red Sherlock 9/2
                                                    Smad Place 13/2
                                                    Meister Eckhart 20/1
                                                    Hinterland 12/1

Comment

lucky 15
                                                      faugheen
                                                      bally casey
                                                      captain conan
                                                      dunguib

Comment

Same as today, just the two bets for tomorrow but slowly building up for Friday.

Lucky 15 with Faugheen, Smad Place, Wishfull thinking and Balthazar King.

And a big price EW double because my mother is a big Barry Geraghty fan (picked Jezki to win ) O' Faoilins Boy 14/1 and Joshua Lane 20/1, so hopefully her luck is still in.

Comment

R1: Red Sherlock, Faugheen. Cant see past this two, Royal boy dangerous if he takes to the better ground
                                                          R2: Don Cossack, Morning Assembly. Question marks over lots of these except these two. process of elimination really
                                                          R3: Dell' Arca, Timesremembered, Bayan. All 3 have a good chance if they get a good run in the race. Spent way too long going over this race tonight.
                                                          R4: Hinterland, Sire De Grugy. Found negatives with all the rest.
                                                          R5: Didnt really have time for this
                                                          R6: Ivan Grozny, Gerdago, Dawalan, Solar Impluse in that order
                                                          R7: Shaneshill, Killultagh Vic, Definitely Red, Modus in that order

Comment

Bayan has the look of a long term plot to me on the Coral. Will carry the loots.

Comment

1- Famous last words but can't see Red Sherlock not contesting the places here, think its a rock solid ew bet to nothing.

3- Dunguib ew @12's

4- One of my two festival decent antepost bets on Captain Conan here before SS pulled put. Not all that bullish but happy i played the angle considering his price now.

7- Black Hercules.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                                                                Bayan has the look of a long term plot to me on the Coral. Will carry the loots.
                                                                Yep I'd agree with this. Everything Elliott has said points that way.

Also think bolger/JP would love to win the x country for obv reasons and will go all out for it this year. Which one though?

Comment

If Annie Power doesn't get home tomorrow or get a wicked hard race then Mullins will have made a right cunt of things. I'll bet Annie Power runs in the Punchestown champion hurdle no matter the result tomorrow

Comment

Woke up this morning to hear Ruby Walsh making moronic comments on the radio whinging about peoples reaction to Our Conor's demise and making comments about JT and Jason Maguire and taalking about Horses living outside the back door and people living inside.

Some things just don't need to be said and comparisons like that don't need to be made He must think people are really stupid, what an utter prick that man is

Grrrrrrrr.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Woke up this morning to hear Ruby Walsh making moronic comments on the radio whinging about peoples reaction to Our Conor's demise and making comments about JT and Jason Maguire and taalking about Horses living outside the back door and people living inside.

Some things just don't need to be said and comparisons like that don't need to be made He must think people are really stupid, what an utter prick that man is

Grrrrrrrr.
                                                                      Really, disappointed to hear that.

Not sure he would have felt the same if it had been one of Mullins young top notchers.
                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        his sentiment is correct but very likely that it suffered from poor delivery.
                                                                        Absolutely.

Comment

That clearly wasn't Jennie's running yesterday Tony, ground maybe? Or what

Comment

No ante post bets for me today,in the bumper gone with killultagh vic @ 10/1 (4 places @ 1/4 the odds) & gone with Whisper @ 25/1(5 places @ 1/4 the odds) in the coral cup both with pp,bit of a "pays your money-takes your chance" about them both but worth a little poke at the odds.good luck all.
                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#39
                                                                              Backed Faugheen in the first and had a little saver on Red Sherlock with Betfair.

After that I will wait until 5 mins before every race and back one with a nice name.

Comment

#40
                                                                                ew l15

Red Sherlock, 5/1 pipe yards waxes lyrical about this guy, just hope faugheen isnt a superstar
                                                                                Can see him running his place at least

Le Bec, 14/1 Hope to have picked the best english one here, can beat sam winner who I think can beat smad place

Module not sure why he is 25 to 1 , Dodging Bullets wasnt that far away yesterday and trainer seems to think better ground will suit, its an 11 runner race with questions over alot of these

Vigil 7/1 Just watched his both races, runs with a touch of class and pedigree relations to back it up. Weld said he had better to choose for this bumper but smullen takes this one

The first 3 of 4 picks have won on the course which will help greatly in these horses placing

Comment

#41
                                                                                  90% of my gambling today will be on the 1st - backed Faugheen with a small e/w on Red Sherlock.
                                                                                  Small bet on Smad Place and the rest will be random mini bets based on stealing from the posts in this thread (which is how all of my bets work because i know nowt)

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Orgilgo Bay in the fred winter @ 16/1 for a little e/w poke.
                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                      After that I will wait until 5 mins before every race and back one with a nice name.
                                                                                      FYI - Carlingford Lough in the 2nd

Comment

#44
                                                                                        On faugheen with the rest. Did the 5/1 special with pp earlier in week. Went in again last night at 9/4.

Dunguib e/w in 2.40
                                                                                        Captain conan in 3.20

Captain Conan, black hercules faugheen treble

Also a faugheen sire de grugy double.

So yeah faugheen needed basically
                                                                                        Last edited by eamonhonda; 12-03-14, 11:47.
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Great day over there yesterday,what a beautiful setting & the hill really has to be seen to be believed! OC a bit of a dampener on the affair but someday out none the less.
                                                                                          Watching today from the couch , a lot to be said for it too.
                                                                                          Today im backing

R2- Don Cossack ew @12/1 (Have Carlingford lough backed @ 14/ ew after the Deloitte)

R3 Bayan 12/1

R4 Special tiara ew @ 16s

R5 Balthazar king 6's

R6 - prob chance top weigh noble Inn here 22/1 ew should improve for the ground

R7 Kilultagh Vic 10/1 ew

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Any double for a nice profit

Cheltenham 12th Mar - 17:15 2m NHF
                                                                                            Backing: Neck Or Nothing

Cheltenham 12th Mar - 16:40 2m Hcap Hrd
                                                                                            Backing: Ivan Grozny

Cheltenham 12th Mar - 16:00 3m7f Hcap Chs
                                                                                            Backing: Star Neuville

Backing: Big Shu

Cheltenham 12th Mar - 15:20 2m Grd1 Chs
                                                                                            Backing: Baily Green

Cheltenham 12th Mar - 14:40 2m5f Hcap Hrd
                                                                                            Backing: Bayan

Cheltenham 12th Mar - 14:05 3m Grd1 Chs
                                                                                            Backing: Carlingford Lough

Cheltenham 12th Mar - 13:30 2m5f Grd1 Nov Hrd
                                                                                            Backing: Lieutenant Colonel

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                                                                                              Wholeheartedly agree Hope they pull it off

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                                That clearly wasn't Jennie's running yesterday Tony, ground maybe? Or what
                                                                                                Yea I've been trying to convince myself for a year that she doesn't really need soft but thats out the window now. She just feels it too much and hopefully she won't be soured by a couple of runs on ground that was too good for her and racing her a run short of race ready a few weeks ago.

She'll probably stay in for another few weeks before having a break but will only run again if it comes up soft.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Sire de Grugy has to be backed @ 4/1 with PP- that is a price

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    day 2 place pot

race 1. faugheen
                                                                                                    fennell bay
                                                                                                    lieutenant colonel

race 2. sam winner
                                                                                                    bally casy
                                                                                                    don cossack

race 3. vendor think this should win
                                                                                                    bayan
                                                                                                    party rock
                                                                                                    clondaw kaempfer

race 4 module
                                                                                                    hinterland
                                                                                                    sire de grugy

race 5 star neuville
                                                                                                    any currency

race 6 ivan grozny

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Thanks for that GAB

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        The yard, get up it!

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          WooHoo

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            ...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Amateur hour, posted on FB, missus all over it

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                Amateur hour, posted on FB, missus all over it
                                                                                                                did ya tell her you had a tenner or 20 on it?
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  5er ldo

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    fair play GAB your some man
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Just did a small carlingford lough bet.
                                                                                                                      I've ballycasey in a ton of accums but not on its own, so through twisted logic if one fails and the other doesnt I dont feel too bad

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        ...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X