Live €150 MTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live €150 MTT

In the 888. Blinds 800/1600 running ante 150. I've been playing at this table for 2 orbits so little reads on villan - he seems okay. I've played 3 or 4 pots in the 2 orbits.

I've 65k, villan a little less then 55k which is the tourney average.

Im dealt Q8o in the BB. Villan flats from UTG+2 and button calls. I check my option.
    Flop comes Q84 rainbow. I check, Villan bets 2800, button calls. I make it 7500. Villan shoves and button folds.

I dwell and ask villan if he has a set of 4s? He asks me do I have 2 pair!

Call or fold?
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Call, instantly. Why shove a set on such a dry board? Surely call with a set to get the BTN in too and try get thrm in on the turn. AQ would probably raise UTG+2 so smells like KK or AA. Limp hoping for a raise and re-pop it and now he is afraid of a draw or thinks you have AQ?. Anyway, I'm not folding.

Comment

Tough one. I'm not sure he's jamming into two players - including one who just check raised him - with air or an overpair. A flopped set is very likely.

On the other hand - he knows you can rep an extremely wide range and on such a dry board a CR would be the standard. You have outs if you're up against a set.

I'd fold - without an extremely good read.

EDIT: 1000 posts - yay me
      Last edited by newbie2; 03-11-13, 22:55. Reason: 1000 posts

Comment

I'm never folding here

Comment

If I asked someone have they a set and they reply have you two pair, that'd concern me. I would take that as an indicator that he has a set. Also, he could be pretending that hes afraid of two pair. Usually, you'd only ask have you two pair when all the money is in the middle and you either only hold one pair or don't hold top two amd you're worried you're beaten. Why ask it in this scenario? Unless he is a speech play genius then I think it could be a set. Many players will limp in his position with pocket pair hoping to see a cheap flop but will limp with the intention of calling a raise if necessary. Hey, I've pocket fours here, I won't raise in case I get in on the cheap..which he did. However, on the other hand, shoving over a raise on a flop like that doesn't exactly scream pocket fours. Unless he somehow puts you on two pair and jams knowing you're unlikely to fold. Its definitely a tricky spot. Actually could have been much easier if you had just called his flop bet and reassess on the turn. Although, in fairness, I don't think think you're expecting him to go all bob marley on you. I don't think there's anything wrong either with your raise it's just that it has put you in a difficult position. As always, with live hands it's difficult to get the full feel of the situation from just reading about it. My initial thought would never be a fold but then I'd start analysing the hand and his speech play..I think he either has pocket 4s as I mentioned above or a hand like kqs. You look extremely strong with your post flop action so for him to shove over your raise is worrying. Anyway, all things considered I think I actually fold with tge speech play edging it for me.
          Last edited by TonyCascarino; 04-11-13, 11:06.

Comment

In the end I called and he had the 44.

In hindsight I racked my brains and all I could put him on was 44 or a slow played overpair but the overpair was highly unlikely as this was a decent BI MTT with no slow playing big hands. I think it was a terrible call now that I have reflected on it. What else is he ever shoving with here? He hasn't got a good enough reason to think I'm at it.
            One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Working...
            X