Any quick rule of thumb for Push/fold spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any quick rule of thumb for Push/fold spots

Just downloaded Sng Wizard and playing around with it.

I didnt realise you cant use it with the poker client (PS) open so i just use it afterwards for reviewing decisions i made.

I'm wondering if there are any quick rules of thumb for say the Push decisions.

(i seem fairly Ok with knowing what my good calling range should be from experience as i do my Push decisions from LP) but the spots i find the hardest to make a good decision are spots like from say EP-MP positions with circa 8-16 BBs and a hand range like A6o, KJs

Is it a matter of just trialing over and over in SNgWiz til you get a good sense yourself?

This helps some people and doesn't help others. I thought I'd post it anyway, there's loads of them online Im sure and most are probably similar enough

[IMG][/IMG]

Nash's theory is for 2 player situations btw, so probably of even less use than I previously thought
    Last edited by Foxy; 19-11-12, 00:56.

Comment

I've used Tony Guerrera's open shove cheat sheet in the past -- with some success. I'm not sure I can upload/copy and paste it to here as there might be copywrite issues. But I do have it and his call sheet too.

They're in pdf format, so might have to be zipped if I was to attach them to a PM.
      Last edited by newbie2; 19-11-12, 00:55.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
        Just downloaded Sng Wizard and playing around with it.

I didnt realise you cant use it with the poker client (PS) open so i just use it afterwards for reviewing decisions i made.

I'm wondering if there are any quick rules of thumb for say the Push decisions.

(i seem fairly Ok with knowing what my good calling range should be from experience as i do my Push decisions from LP) but the spots i find the hardest to make a good decision are spots like from say EP-MP positions with circa 8-16 BBs and a hand range like A6o, KJs

Is it a matter of just trialing over and over in SNgWiz til you get a good sense yourself?
        A lot of tournament poker books have a section on this as a general guide, I know Jonathan Little's book has a section on it and I think "Kill everyone" goes into it pretty deeply. After that its a matter of playing around wit SNG until you get a grasp of in around what you should be shoving. You'll prob be surprised how wide is profitable!! (N.B In SNG make sure you assign the other players a reasonable calling range as I don't think the defaults are that accurate)

Comment

Working...
        X