No announcement yet.

RUBGY WORLD CUP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might have a look at the in game at 1/2 time,usa/aus,think the aus are making way too many handling errors
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by westlife View Post
      looking for an interest in the aussy vs usa match. thought 8/11 aussies first score with try looked a bet. the handicap option is usa +61.......
      sports betting freaks please help (hurry)
      a bum squeaker

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        the MotM markets are a bit bizarre. I'd only look for madly priced players that you feel might be influential based on one team's strengths vs another's weaknesses.

I'd steer clear tbh
        agree,would want to be getting double digits,to have an interest for tiny money,very strong looking england team the totals trys + points market could be worth a look
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

This bet I posted on Wednesday
          Originally posted by Yardie
          Given the team news Australia -60 is gonna have to be smashed into.treble Aus/ SA/Eng all to beat handicaps @ 7/1--well worth a punt.
          Is looking real good right now

Comment

ya sure is,good thinking man that yardie!
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

predictions for the weekend..

Comment

on the handicap treble myself with SA, Aus and England, so praying the ball gets to the backs a bit

Comment

what HC are you on for the England game?

Comment

what HC are you on for the England game?
                    -45. tbh was thinking of hedging the AUS game before i made the bet as -60 seemed way too close to call (and it was tbh). after what the argies did to romania, i just can't imagine england doing any worse. here's hoping i'm right!!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      -45. tbh was thinking of hedging the AUS game before i made the bet as -60 seemed way too close to call (and it was tbh). after what the argies did to romania, i just can't imagine england doing any worse. here's hoping i'm right!!
                      safe enough. Worth having a look during the game and seeing if you can lock in a profit. Though I could see England putting 60 points on the Romanians if they can get off to anything like a good start.

Comment

-45 seems a close call imho way England has been playing and seems a flip TBH

-44 seems to be best on offer atm though

any links to useful site be appreciated ie

The latest sports betting news, previews and tips from the busy world of football, through tennis, golf, cricket and more from the globe’s top sporting events are all right here. Keep up to date with best of the industry’s prices from online bookmakers and best bonus offers around, as well as staying tuned to the latest bookmaker news and details of where to find the best promotional offerings.

Comment

an other way you could play this is if you think the hcp is about right at england - 54 is to back the winning margin,right now on pp you could split your risk 3 ways and get a spread for england to win from 46-60 or 51-65 pts@ evens or maybe a little better,think as the rwc goes on you may see the bookie getting the hcp bang on,bit like the aus v usa this morning
                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

on the handicap treble myself with SA, Aus and England, so praying the ball gets to the backs a bit
                            Ship ship

Comment

see the half time result to be a draw in the fiji v samoa game is 14/1( bf),that to me looks great valu with a hcp of just of 9/10 pts in the whole game
                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                agree,would want to be getting double digits,to have an interest for tiny money,very strong looking england team the totals trys + points market could be worth a look
                                the MotM markets are a bit bizarre. I'd only look for madly priced players that you feel might be influential based on one team's strengths vs another's weaknesses.

I'd steer clear tbh
                                with the exception of sonny bill,when he gets the nod in the starting line up
                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

with the exception of sonny bill,when he gets the nod in the starting line up
                                  SBW is too frustrating to get MotM. He will have 8 assists in a 12 try scoring game, and having handed someone a hat trick will have gifted his own MotM award away.

His strength is in his ability to create space, not finish.

Comment

made me laugh

Comment

Took Russia +52.

Comment

an other way you could play this is if you think the hcp is about right at england - 54 is to back the winning margin,right now on pp you could split your risk 3 ways and get a spread for england to win from 46-60 or 51-65 pts@ evens or maybe a little better,think as the rwc goes on you may see the bookie getting the hcp bang on,bit like the aus v usa this morning
                                        just might be the best way to play when the "bigger" teams play each other later on in the tourny!
                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

made me laugh

very good,the 52 hcp does look a bit big tbh,can a irish team score 8 trys and convert them,soon find out i guess
                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

went for Russia to score over 8.5 points at 6/5 on betfair

Comment

went for Russia to score over 8.5 points at 6/5 on betfair
                                              good call again,that simplikevich looks a very good player think we might be hearing of him again
                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

am i right?

Scotland have to beat England by more than 7 points to avoid england getting bonus point and score 4 tries to get a bonus point themselves and argentina fail to get a bonus point for them to go through

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                  am i right?

Scotland have to beat England by more than 7 points to avoid england getting bonus point and score 4 tries to get a bonus point themselves and argentina fail to get a bonus point for them to go through
                                                  they need to beat england by more than 7 points (to avoid the england getting the bonus point) and they need argentina to get the bonus point in their final game against georgia. if england get the BP or argentina don't get theirs, scotland are out.

Comment

just looking at the markets for the remaining pool games,theres a few there to keep an eye on imo,australia -71 v russia looks a banker at this stage,they had their best team out v irelands 2nd team you could say, and didnt look up to much,just saw an interview by david pocock,his backs sorted and looking for game time,still have to wait till the team is named but a huge boost to this bet if the above is true

ireland - 12 v italy also looks good in my view,the italy lads had a hard nuff match v usa,and a 5 day turnaround could take its toll,can see the likes of earls,bowe (if selected)doing well here out wide

wales - 13 v fiji also looks good,this fiji team imo have a lot of defensive issues to sort out as they have conceeded a lot of trys along the way,cant see them getting much out of this very good wales defence!

obviously have to wait for team selection,weather conditions,etc but to me anyhow look the most likely to win
                                                    Last edited by amberleaf; 27-09-11, 10:51.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

just looking at the markets for the remaining pool games,theres a few there to keep an eye on imo,australia -71 v russia looks a banker at this stage,they had their best team out v irelands 2nd team you could say, and didnt look up to much,just saw an interview by david pocock,his backs sorted and looking for game time,still have to wait till the team is named but a huge boost to this bet if the above is true

ireland - 12 v italy also looks good in my view,the italy lads had a hard nuff match v usa,and a 5 day turnaround could take its toll,can see the likes of earls,bowe (if selected)doing well here out wide

wales - 13 v fiji also looks good,this fiji team imo have a lot of defensive issues to sort out as they have conceeded a lot of trys along the way,cant see them getting much out of this very good wales defence!

obviously have to wait for team selection,weather conditions,etc but to me anyhow look the most likely to win
                                                      personnally won't be going for the australia -71, they'll probably do it but it's too close for me. aus will probably be resting a lot of players (although that won't make too much of a difference)

wales -13 looks great value but isn't available anywhere at the moment

georgia -8 for tomorrow looks very good also

Comment

Really enjoying reading this guys tips on boards.ie He's playing in markets I wouldn't think about much, but his reasoning has been excellent and his results have come in.

I really like the yellow card tbh, Pearson is a stickler...

Originally posted by Yardie
                                                        Dave Pearson in charge of Georgia Romania game- he is fond of handing out a card- 3 cards in Tonga/Japan game

Considering it is such a grudge match and both sides physical nature 4/6 for a yellow card is a decent bet. Gonna have a medium stake on this.

Tincu makes his 50th appearance and as Romania's main man and if Romania are to be competitive they';; be relying on him for big performance. 16/1 for him to get his 2nd man of the match award of the tournament.

Gorgodze is 8/1 to pick up his second award. Like Tincu will be go-to guy for his team.

Small bet on each of them will hopefully yield a return.

Man of the match awards have been dodgy this tournament though with Parisse overlooked again today..

Comment

personnally won't be going for the australia -71, they'll probably do it but it's too close for me. aus will probably be resting a lot of players (although that won't make too much of a difference)

wales -13 looks great value but isn't available anywhere at the moment

georgia -8 for tomorrow looks very good also
                                                          i'll wait till i see the australia team before makeing up my mind,but i think the -71 is well beatable,tbh might see our first 100pt scoreing match here,ireland stuck 62 points past them and at times were fairly flat as well as gifting two trys,theres a few decent players in this russia side but as a team look very poor

the wales - 13 is long gone,but you can get -14 on sky bet,still a bit of a bargain imo
                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Really enjoying reading this guys tips on boards.ie He's playing in markets I wouldn't think about much, but his reasoning has been excellent and his results have come in.

I really like the yellow card tbh, Pearson is a stickler...
                                                            big fan of this person,top class thinking behind the bets,any one know where the best place to play the yellow card markets is,might have a good look at them for the ireland/italy,aus/russia games
                                                            Last edited by amberleaf; 28-09-11, 08:06.
                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

happy days, Gorgodze at 8/1 for MotM came through!

Comment

wow thats his 2nd time i think,nice one,sean o brien might be worth a little tipple in the italy game,if they want to get down and dirty and use their forward line,he'll be there,he must be one of the best ball carryiers in the game at this stage!
                                                                Last edited by amberleaf; 28-09-11, 09:11.
                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Also came in as first tryscorer

Comment

wow thats his 2nd time i think,nice one,sean o brien might be worth a little tipple in the italy game,if they want to get down and dirty and use their forward line,he'll be there,he must be one of the best ball carryiers in the game at this stage!
                                                                    ROG will almost certainly be MotM against Italy.

Against teams like Italy that simply stand toe to toe and fight the "correct" way to beat them is to take the fight, and then put them back in their quarter, take the fight etc, and wear them down like this.

We'll do this repeatedly, boring them into submission, and ROG will have a field day with the boot because we will be forcing them to concede penalties at the breakdowns.

The Italian defence means that it is tough to play a running game without everthing ticking, and both D'Arcy and BOD are not exactly on phenomenal form at the moment.

I think Kidney's going to pick ROG because the game that he plays suits that attritional style of rugby that we have beaten Italy with time and time again. There's never been a game we've murdered Italy because they're resolute and stubborn. I think that we have two choices in how we approach the game.

Do we
                                                                    A - Try to keep the ball in hand and get outside them? (Sexton)
                                                                    B - Try to keep the game tight, force penalties, and then adjust towards the end? (ROG)

I think that in cup rugby, it makes sense to go with what you know works. So ROG will play against the Italian / Argentinian / South African style teams mostly.

If ROG starts, and kicks well, he's guaranteed MotM imo, which leaves a major headache for the following game, as we saw against Wales in the 6N, if we kick to them, they will punish us.

Comment

ROG will almost certainly be MotM against Italy.

Against teams like Italy that simply stand toe to toe and fight the "correct" way to beat them is to take the fight, and then put them back in their quarter, take the fight etc, and wear them down like this.

We'll do this repeatedly, boring them into submission, and ROG will have a field day with the boot because we will be forcing them to concede penalties at the breakdowns.

The Italian defence means that it is tough to play a running game without everthing ticking, and both D'Arcy and BOD are not exactly on phenomenal form at the moment.

I think Kidney's going to pick ROG because the game that he plays suits that attritional style of rugby that we have beaten Italy with time and time again. There's never been a game we've murdered Italy because they're resolute and stubborn. I think that we have two choices in how we approach the game.

Do we
                                                                      A - Try to keep the ball in hand and get outside them? (Sexton)
                                                                      B - Try to keep the game tight, force penalties, and then adjust towards the end? (ROG)

I think that in cup rugby, it makes sense to go with what you know works. So ROG will play against the Italian / Argentinian / South African style teams mostly.

If ROG starts, and kicks well, he's guaranteed MotM imo, which leaves a major headache for the following game, as we saw against Wales in the 6N, if we kick to them, they will punish us.

makes perfect sense,i had a quick look at the reports from the match last feb v italy,ireland only won by two points with rog comeing of the bench,the hero,but they did have a lot of scoreing chanches which they couldnt get home on the day.in my mind its hard to work out dk at times,and wouldnt be one bit surprized to see sexton/redden combo getting the nod.and rog/murray in from the bench at some point.but agree now that i think about it,if he starts rog,its off to the coners,and looks the man for the motm,if not might stick with sob for small money!as far as i could tell the public vote closed about 60 min into the game.think a yellow card looks likely nuff in this type of game,any word on the ref,nothing on the rwc site.best wait till the info goes online,least then we'll know something of the game plan dk has come up with!better wait till we get past the italians first before we worry about the valley boys
                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

word is rog/murray are in,sexton/redden on the bench!
                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

word is rog/murray are in,sexton/redden on the bench!
                                                                          Trimble in also according to reports..for who I don't know..Earls is doing well so doubt its him...Bowe or Earls to the centre maybe? Deccie for all his conservatism has pulled stunts like this for big games before so who knows.
                                                                          "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

was thinking that myself,the lads on newstalk were on about it last night,and their rarely wrong,just have to wait and see
                                                                            Last edited by amberleaf; 29-09-11, 09:04.
                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

thats one awsome team the ozzies have named,met office nz says a little rain with north winds,gusty at times.aus - 69 anyone with laddies @ 10/11 anygood?
                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

No idea if there is a market for this, but I've a real strong feeling that if the Italians get the kick off, that they'll kick is straight out so that we have a scrum on the half way line.

They've done it against us before, and with Mallet bigging up the front row battle in the media this week, I can see them aiming to get straight into scrums with us.

If anyone can find any market that would reflect this, I'd appreciate it!

Comment

No idea if there is a market for this, but I've a real strong feeling that if the Italians get the kick off, that they'll kick is straight out so that we have a scrum on the half way line.

They've done it against us before, and with Mallet bigging up the front row battle in the media this week, I can see them aiming to get straight into scrums with us.

I would imagine one of the spread betting sites would have a ''Time of first scrum'' market, dont do spread betting myself but id say thats your best chance for something as particular as this.

Comment

1st match stoppage will be up on sporting bet closer to the time of the game. 1st stoppage to be a scrum will be around 9/4. Definitely wouldnt put it past Italy to do it again especially after Malletts words. You could possibly get the bet in just pre kick off when u see who is kicking off

Comment

i'll wait till i see the australia team before makeing up my mind,but i think the -71 is well beatable,tbh might see our first 100pt scoreing match here,ireland stuck 62 points past them and at times were fairly flat as well as gifting two trys,theres a few decent players in this russia side but as a team look very poor

the wales - 13 is long gone,but you can get -14 on sky bet,still a bit of a bargain imo
                                                                                      not too gone on the wales now,their in the 1/4 finals now no matter what happens,more than likely win, but how will they win!
                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

aussies -68
                                                                                        england -11
                                                                                        france -28

......opinions please
                                                                                        D15 CASINO, Mulhuddart Village (opp Blanchardstown shopping centre)

Comment

england sure things, others coinflips.

imo of course.

Comment

id have a preference for scotland with the handicap.
                                                                                            France, handicap seems right, very hard to call.
                                                                                            i think oz can cover -68. In fact i wouldnt rule out some of the chunkier prices at alternative handicaps. -83 at 7/2 perhaps with william hill

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                                                                                              id have a preference for scotland with the handicap.
                                                                                              France, handicap seems right, very hard to call.
                                                                                              i think oz can cover -68. In fact i wouldnt rule out some of the chunkier prices at alternative handicaps. -83 at 7/2 perhaps with william hill
                                                                                              surely thats a crazy price and needs to be boned?

Steve who are you, and welcome aboard!

Comment

aussies -68
                                                                                                england -11
                                                                                                france -28

......opinions please
                                                                                                Aussies, probably ok yeah. (Ashley-Cooper to score 2 or more at 5/4 a good bet also)
                                                                                                England -11..not for me..Scots will go hammer and tongs and it will be tight, could go right to the wire.
                                                                                                France -28 ..bah, fugging Frogs..couldn't rely on them!..they'll probably run in a hatful, but I'm not betting on it.

Russia to get over 6.5 pts @5/6 is one i think will get there.
                                                                                                Wales -19 v Fiji @10/11 is good I think.

Comment

Scots are weakest "top team" at WC. Don't worry about them. So fragile it's ridiculous imo!

(lived there for past year. Grimness ensued)

Comment

Scots are weakest "top team" at WC. Don't worry about them. So fragile it's ridiculous imo!

(lived there for past year. Grimness ensued)
                                                                                                    I guarantee you going out to face England is one time they will be at their least fragile more than likely...England struggled to beat Argentina..Scotland threw the game away against Argentina having led 12-6 with a few mins left..that form line tells its own story and when you add in the rivalry and the number of times Scots have risen their game against the English..I wouldn't be backing England -11.

Comment

I backed Russia.

That is all.
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

surely thats a crazy price and needs to be boned?

Steve who are you, and welcome aboard!
                                                                                                        TY just another small time poker player/ gambler. glad i slept through the ozzie game, i had a decent wedge on them in the handicaps market, would have been a frustrating second half to watch. now with mccaw and carter out. a plucky canadian team have to be value at -64 10/11 with boylesports. also just got on colin slade at 13/2 to be top pointscorer in the tournament on betfair. not sure yet of the full extent of carters groin problem but it doesnt sound good, can lay some of it off after tomorrows game if needs be after slade scores a hatful

Comment

backed Tonga (+25) and Russia (+68) in a double with laddies... evens each of 2...
                                                                                                          tried to stay up and watch the aussie game but after they aussies looked like they wr going to run over the handicap I fell asleep. The most pleasant waking experience i've had since Santa Ponza (1992) to find the roosky's had pulled it back. Tonga giving me a 'steering job'.

Now just the Brits (-11) to give it a nice finish.

Comment

gone for small bet on draw-england at 18/1 in the next. first half could be a real slog with penalty exchange (hopefully like for like)

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                              I guarantee you going out to face England is one time they will be at their least fragile more than likely...England struggled to beat Argentina..Scotland threw the game away against Argentina having led 12-6 with a few mins left..that form line tells its own story and when you add in the rivalry and the number of times Scots have risen their game against the English..I wouldn't be backing England -11.
                                                                                                              Argentina lost two of there backrow in that match
                                                                                                              scotland are woeful cant score trys at all.
                                                                                                              England should win by 15 16 even if scotland up it which they surely will there just shyte.

bucketing down rain may keep score down
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 01-10-11, 07:33.

Comment

This is not looking good

on a lighter note..

PMU, pub, marrante, funny, rugby, haka, parodie, france, french, commercial, cheval, jockey

Comment

ohh cruel. had no try scorer in eng v scot back at 17/1. thanfully i laid off most of it at a slightly shorter price just before kick off, still a small loss instead of a big win! handicap win came in at least.

Comment

backed Tonga (+25) and Russia (+68) in a double with laddies... evens each of 2...
                                                                                                                    tried to stay up and watch the aussie game but after they aussies looked like they wr going to run over the handicap I fell asleep. The most pleasant waking experience i've had since Santa Ponza (1992) to find the roosky's had pulled it back. Tonga giving me a 'steering job'.

Now just the Brits (-11) to give it a nice finish.
                                                                                                                    Ugly, in every sense

Comment

time for a get out double,
                                                                                                                      ireland v italy,total points to be scored,unders

think this game wont be pretty with the forwards going to war,this is what italy want,ireland will have to play them this way for a fair part of the game,but will want to play it wide,will be sure that italy will at least try and break that down,more than likely a lot of pens and three pointers,no markets up yet but if the line is drawn anything around the 40 points its unders for me

fiji + 19,wales are into the 1/4s no matter what happens,think they'll win but reckon a 3 point win will do them just as good as a 20+ pt win,cant see them putting the bodys on the line for this one with bigger battles on the way!

and for a outsider bet,ireland v italy,first scoreing play,drop goal @ 10/1(laddies),and as emmet said o garra for motm!
                                                                                                                      Last edited by amberleaf; 01-10-11, 09:41.
                                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

TY just another small time poker player/ gambler. glad i slept through the ozzie game, i had a decent wedge on them in the handicaps market, would have been a frustrating second half to watch. now with mccaw and carter out. a plucky canadian team have to be value at -64 10/11 with boylesports. also just got on colin slade at 13/2 to be top pointscorer in the tournament on betfair. not sure yet of the full extent of carters groin problem but it doesnt sound good, can lay some of it off after tomorrows game if needs be after slade scores a hatful
                                                                                                                        didnt last long. line is at 58 points now. 6pts is a pretty dramatic cut. ive got to agree with amberleaf. If the line is 40 points for the Ireland Italy match, its definitely an under. other than that, ill be getting on Georgia -23 v argentina.

Comment

didnt last long. line is at 58 points now. 6pts is a pretty dramatic cut. ive got to agree with amberleaf. If the line is 40 points for the Ireland Italy match, its definitely an under. other than that, ill be getting on Georgia -23 v argentina.
                                                                                                                          Gotta be some gigantic odds on that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X