100euro Freezeout - AK 3rd level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100euro Freezeout - AK 3rd level

This hand took place in a live 100 euro freezeout.

I Sat down to the left of the villain. I have only played one hand so far in which I raised 33 in the cut off and folded to a flop lead from the SB.

I have 15k starting stack everybody else is similar except for the villain who has 9k. I know little about how the villain plays hands but I can deduce from what I saw in previous orbits that he likes to gamble and is not a very competent player. (limp calls raises with any two etc etc).

Blinds 75/150

UTG +1 limps for 150
    UTG+2 raises 375
    Villain Calls
    Hero makes 825 with AK clubs
    Button Cold calls

UTG +1 folds
    UTG+2 Calls and Villain calls

I am not worried about the button cold calling as he is a really weak player that has been playing every hand. The original player is a very straight forward player and but I feel he overvalues certain hands preflop so I put him on a range of 99+ AQ, AJ or maybe small pairs as he knows the villain is relatively weak and he will get a good price to set mine however If he raised me on the flop I would be pretty confident I am beat.

Flop
    Kd Qh 2s

It is checked to me and i bet 2000.
    Button folds, utg+2 folds and villain calls.

The villain has only 6k behind

Turn
    Ad

Villain checks to me.

At the time my first thought was that Im not folding to him in this spot as he could have such a wide range. However after the hand I'm wondering should I have checked behind on the turn? I generally don't know what line I should take here with a stack of just 6k here. Any advice appreciated!

If I'm reading it right, there's 7300 in the middle going to the turn. Your hand has improved from good to strong and effective stacks are 6k. Bet/call or shove are both ok.
    I presume he showed up with JT. Tell him nh wp and get them back later.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
      If I'm reading it right, there's 7300 in the middle going to the turn. Your hand has improved from good to strong and effective stacks are 6k. Bet/call or shove are both ok.
      I presume he showed up with JT. Tell him nh wp and get them back later.
      Think it's 7675 on the turn (3675 pre and 4k flop)

I make it 1200-1400 pre, but as played, yeah shove turn.

Comment

You could make an argument for checking or betting any amount on the turn to be honest.
        twitter
        moneybookers

Comment

agree with flushdraw here pre needs to be bigger with a limper and the early raise i think the mininimum bet here shoud be at least 1100. by raising only to 825 both players are getting good odds to call

eg.
          limpers odds to call (825+375+150+150+75)/(825-150)=2.33-1 if raiser folds and 3-1 if raiser calls
          raisers odd to calls (825+375+825+150+75)/(825-375)=5-1

although players in this hand probaby don't understand odds. If you raise too small not only will poor players call but good players will call aswell given those types of odds and you could easily end up with a multiway pot.

A quick and easy way to avoid this would be to set out what your raises and rerraises are depending on wether your in position or out of position and what stage of the tourney your at.
          example:
          ReRaise 2.5-3 times the raise when you will have position and 3-3.5 when you will be out of position, in the earlier stages and later stages 2-2.5 with position and 2.5-3 out of position and dont forget to make it a little bigger if there's limper or callers
          The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
          MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Against a weak player I'm checking the turn here and snap-calling/shoving the river regardless of what comes down. Ace on the turn should really make him fold any hand we beat so try and let him bluff or hit worse two pair. If he binks a lucky straight then so be it.

Comment

Yeah sorry stacks aren't completely accurate. My thought process at the time was not to jam as I am not going to fold. I was pretty sure I was ahead of his range at the time, and i decided to bet 3k at the time and called his shove. Is there any merit to this? The players I sometimes do this against are very inexperienced and if they call and lose the 3k they just think to themselves 'well if i call and lose im still in the tournament' and could call off the 3k with Ax/Kx type hands.

If we check back the turn here do we always call when he jams the river?What are the advantages of checking it back on this flop with this stack size? Is it to get him to try and bluff his stack on the river with an inferior holding?

Comment

sorry nuck chorris just saw your post answer my questions!

Comment

Working...
                X