Spreadbetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreadbetting

I know very little about this but was thinking it might be time to take a look at it, with the current volatility in the financial markets, if and I know it's a big IF if you could get yourself clued up on it it might be EV+. Anyone here know more about this area and what sites are good to use?

many a person has thought they were clued up, gave it a go and got themselves into a lot of trouble. Its a great way to bet the over 2.5 goals market but it is best avoided until you think there is nothing more to learn and then take very small positions.

you can lose more than you deposit and most people don't have the necessary discipline.
    Last edited by CheckRaise; 13-08-11, 11:36.

Comment

Well I certainly won't be making the mistake to think I'm clued up

I was more thinking along the lines of spread betting on the financial markets rather than sport. I've set up a demo account with tradefair (Betfair's financial spread betting site). I have a background in maths and stats and along with the poker experience this might help me out but I'll certainly approach it with caution.

Comment

Spreadbetting is very dangerous. I tried it some time back and despite having a stop loss the markets opened below that and i ended up losing more than intended, the company said that it was not possible to close the position before it opened. Have never got involved since and despite being a financial analyst i would not go in again.
        A very experienced trader I know is currently losing a bundle on Independent News and Media. He went long on them at 65c and then again at 55c , now trading today at 20c. Each cent is 1k so its a large loss to date he has and he still needs to fund the margin.
        I would say to anyone spread betting that its only for hedge funds who deal with other people's money!

Comment

Working...
        X