Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Closed Thread

Old 23-10-19, 20:09   #61641
BennyHiFi

Nick Tosches is dead aged 69.

He wrote the greatest rock biography i've ever read (on Jerry Lee Lewis) and also books on Dean Martin, Sonny Liston, novels about gambling and heroin, taught himself Latin and medieval Italian and would drink til he lost his trousers.

Reading this obituary made me want to read all of his work.
Old 23-10-19, 20:45   #61642
ComradeCollie

Old 23-10-19, 20:58   #61643
Lao Lao

I've posted quite some time ago about weird pricing for bottles of Corona but that was in my local offie which has since closed but this was in SuperValu.

Who in there right mind would buy a four pack?!?!?

Spoiler
Old 23-10-19, 21:12   #61644
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Lao View Post
I've posted quite some time ago about weird pricing for bottles of Corona but that was in my local offie which has since closed but this was in SuperValu.

Spoiler
One of the lads bought something today from Fresh with a large price sticker of "€1.75 - or 2 for €4"
Old 23-10-19, 21:14   #61645
Raoul Duke III
The King

Have a wonderful rugby trip to Montpellier all lined up for January. Flights, trains, accom all ready to go and one fucker just will not commit. Solid beating required.
Old 23-10-19, 21:17   #61646
Raoul Duke III
The King

Surprised your man got up from his fall there.

Respect
Old 23-10-19, 21:27   #61647
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewApproach View Post
Heading to Colombia for 10 days/9 nights in six weeks time. Anyone have any advice on what cities are a must visit/indicative itinerary which may be worth following?

We'll be flying everywhere obv but not keen on the idea of trying to do too much and spending half the trip in airports.

We're flying in and out of Bogota.
Any tips? I'm going for four weeks next month, nothing planned or booked other than return flights to Bogota. May fit in Peru/Bolivia(see how spicy it is), but maybe four weeks across places like Cartagena Medellin Cali is enough.

Old 23-10-19, 21:35   #61648
Elshambles
Wierdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Quote:
the Federalist Society and The Wall Street Journal asked an ideologically balanced group

Bit like asking Stalin and Lenin to pick "an ideologically balanced group" to review Chinese leaders

Ooh and I meant as a human not a leader

Last edited by Elshambles; 23-10-19 at 21:38.
Thanks From:
Old 23-10-19, 22:23   #61649
Lazare
GFML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Lao View Post

Spoiler
Had thoughts about this the other day. I sometimes like early evening cans of draught Guinness on a Sunday. Local garage usually have that 4 pack for €7.50. I usually buy that, drink them and am satisfied.

They were out of stock. The single cans were €2.79 but they had an 8 pack for €13.

Naturally I saw the value and bought the 8 pack. Drank 7 of them.

On Monday morning I reflected that 4 of the single cans were actually better value afterall.
Old 24-10-19, 06:53   #61650
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elshambles View Post

Bit like asking Stalin and Lenin to pick "an ideologically balanced group" to review Chinese leaders

Ooh and I meant as a human not a leader
He's very near the top of every survey done, regardless of affiliation.

The 'as a human' bit is interesting. Most of the greatest leaders were assholes of one sort or another. Look at JFK, LBJ, FDR etc.
Old 24-10-19, 09:10   #61651
ionapaul

Abe Lincoln GOAT US President for sure, mad that Washington tops that list. Abe would probably be number 1 on my list of fantasy dinner guests.

Hmm, makes me wonder who else would I like to chat to? Stephen Jay Gould maybe. Frank Sinatra. Barack Obama would surely be an excellent guest. Likewise Graham Norton maybe, though would that be a waste of a pick with all of history open to me?
Old 24-10-19, 09:28   #61652
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
Abe Lincoln GOAT US President for sure, mad that Washington tops that list. Abe would probably be number 1 on my list of fantasy dinner guests.

Hmm, makes me wonder who else would I like to chat to? Stephen Jay Gould maybe. Frank Sinatra. Barack Obama would surely be an excellent guest. Likewise Graham Norton maybe, though would that be a waste of a pick with all of history open to me?
Obama was fantastic on the David Letterman Netflix show. Definitely worth catching. Jay Z was another I enjoyed even though I wouldnt be a fan of his music
Old 24-10-19, 10:14   #61653
Hectorjelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
Obama was fantastic on the David Letterman Netflix show. Definitely worth catching. Jay Z was another I enjoyed even though I wouldnt be a fan of his music
Do you like any hip hop?
Old 24-10-19, 10:27   #61654
Solksjaer!

If you don’t have Charlie Chaplin, Peter Cook or Groucho Marx, Robin Williams and Bill Hicks on you dinner list, don’t invite me . (I know, feck off) . I’m not making small talk with Obama when Charlie is making those spuds dance with the forks and quick fire Groucho is cutting the meat with his razor sharp wit whilst all the while Peter Cook is ranting on about the texture of the wind he just omitted from his anus just 5 seconds earlier.

Robin Williams bouncing off Groucho and Bill Hicks blowing smoke up everyone’s arse. What a night that would be. That’s my list anyway for now. I’d also like Peppa Pig as the main course

And ZERO hip hop .
Old 24-10-19, 10:36   #61655
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Translyvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame, Yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solksjaer! View Post
If you don’t have Charlie Chaplin, Peter Cook or Groucho Marx, Robin Williams and Bill Hicks on you dinner list, don’t invite me . (I know, feck off) . I’m not making small talk with Obama when Charlie is making those spuds dance with the forks and quick fire Groucho is cutting the meat with his razor sharp wit whilst all the while Peter Cook is ranting on about the texture of the wind he just omitted from his anus just 5 seconds earlier.

Robin Williams bouncing off Groucho and Bill Hicks blowing smoke up everyone’s arse. What a night that would be. That’s my list anyway for now. I’d also like Peppa Pig as the main course

And ZERO hip hop .
Actors or entertainers whose work involved following a script will probably be a disappointment, they are usually quite poor on Celebrity Big Brother. When Groucho has gone through his pre-rehearsed jokes there may not be a lot left. It's possible I'm underestimating him though.
Old 24-10-19, 10:42   #61656
Solksjaer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
Actors or entertainers whose work involved following a script will probably be a disappointment, they are usually quite poor on Celebrity Big Brother. When Groucho has gone through his pre-rehearsed jokes there may not be a lot left. It's possible I'm underestimating him though.
Groucho was the wrong one to single out there.
. Hey but you gave the game away by mentioning Celibrity Big Brother .
Old 24-10-19, 10:57   #61657
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Most of his jokes were made with his eyebrows.
Old 24-10-19, 12:13   #61658
hotspur
Intensely rational

Quote:
Solks mentioned some of the naturally funniest people though.

Mind you, being able to choose dinner guests from history and choosing entertainers is questionable.

I may have mentioned this before, but my mother went through a period a few years ago of asking this question of people, you could choose 2 people alive or dead. Her best friend was a fan of ice skating and chose Torvill and Dean!
3 Thanks From:
Old 24-10-19, 12:18   #61659
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectorjelly View Post
Do you like any hip hop?
I dont actively dislike it, I've just never really listened to it and therefore haven't got into it. Would bop along to a song I heard on radio. That's about the extent of my hip hop knowledge
Thanks From:
Old 24-10-19, 12:20   #61660
Elshambles
Wierdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
Solks mentioned some of the naturally funniest people though.

Mind you, being able to choose dinner guests from history and choosing entertainers is questionable.
Surely the first question asked at any of these tables will be collectively asked by the selected guests...

"And who the fuck are you exactly?"

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker