Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Closed Thread

Old 22-04-18, 15:15   #31641
jack90210

Quote:
Originally Posted by V for Vendetta View Post
There’s something about your default tone of everything being fake news unless you are personally aware of it that grinds my gears a bit Jack.

Here you go doubting Thomas.
Ok bit of a weird response but cheers.
Old 22-04-18, 15:16   #31642
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack90210 View Post
I think Leinster had the beating of Clermont last year but were caught early rather then been outclassed which is what is happening to Munster today.
Munster had the beating of Racing in both of their earlier games this season so I’m not sure it’s a case of being outclassed as such. Not pretty today though.
Old 22-04-18, 15:24   #31643
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Quote:
Ok bit of a weird response but cheers.
See the bit I bolded in your question. Like why the fuck would I make it up?

Or is it that you think I’m incapable of reading and remembering stuff?

Anyway I think it’s something that’s ingrained in you at this stage so I’ll leave it there.
Old 22-04-18, 15:25   #31644
jack90210

Quote:
See the bit I bolded in your question. Like why the fuck would I make it up?

Or is it that you think I’m incapable of reading and remembering stuff?

Anyway I think it’s something that’s ingrained in you at this stage so I’ll leave it there.
Ok your reading way too much into that.

Calm down.
Old 22-04-18, 15:28   #31645
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickpuppy View Post
2-3 years and the rest. Jack McGrath was on the Leinster bench yesterday a very good international young Porter as well Larmour Carberry Conan all players who would start at Ulster or Munster. An assembly line of young talent vkmjng through the academies and schools as well.
Leinsters depth is the huge outlier though.

Plenty of examples of other top clubs who experienced success who wouldn’t have had that sort of depth. Including Leinster when they were winning Heineken Cups. Munster are capable of getting a strong 15 together over the 2-3 years and subject to a good injury profile winning Europe. Plenty of previous examples.

Anyway hopefully they can dig in a bit in the 2nd half here.
Old 22-04-18, 15:29   #31646
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Quote:
Ok your reading way too much into that.

Calm down.
Lol. I think you might have a bigger ego than I thought.

Calm down indeed
Old 22-04-18, 15:32   #31647
jack90210

Quote:
Lol. I think you might have a bigger ego than I thought.

Calm down indeed
I wasn't doubting you it was written in a conversational way I am sorry its upset you so much but thanks for giving me the information on it.

Enjoy the rest of the game.
Thanks From:
Old 22-04-18, 16:14   #31648
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
If Offaly were in an All Ireland semi at Croker and killing it against Tipp would you do the same or would you remain there to lap up the celebrations and congratulate the players?

I'm not sure if it's a consequence of expectancy with Leinster, or the fact they've done it all before, or that they don't have much of a long history but I find the majority have a similar disconnect from the side, where they go have a nice time but it doesn't stir their emotions too strongly.
I'd be in situ cos I wouldn't be driving and I'd be looking forward to getting full of G&T afterwards meeting everybody from home! So while you might think you've got something comparable, the reality is that they couldn't be further apart for me.
Old 22-04-18, 16:20   #31649
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Good pride in the jersey there. Best team won but at least it didn’t get ugly from a Munster perspective. A few players back from injury and a bit of bitterness will bring Munster on. They do need a top class 10 though.

Racing will be a serious obstacle in the final. No walk over that’s for sure.
Old 22-04-18, 16:24   #31650
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Quote:
I wasn't doubting you it was written in a conversational way I am sorry its upset you so much but thanks for giving me the information on it.

Enjoy the rest of the game.
Jack you didn’t upset me. It’s an Internet forum. But your style just grinds my gears as I said.
Old 22-04-18, 16:24   #31651
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
I'd be in situ cos I wouldn't be driving and I'd be looking forward to getting full of G&T afterwards meeting everybody from home! So while you might think you've got something comparable, the reality is that they couldn't be further apart for me.
It’s sports entertainment versus the parish innit.
Old 22-04-18, 16:49   #31652
shano1888

Quote:
Good pride in the jersey there. Best team won but at least it didn’t get ugly from a Munster perspective. A few players back from injury and a bit of bitterness will bring Munster on. They do need a top class 10 though.

Racing will be a serious obstacle in the final. No walk over that’s for sure.
Should have been more than pride though. Gave them a ridiculously soft lead but the game was lost with the lack of return from the 20-40 minutes spell of the match imo. Didn't have the composure to give ourselves a chance in the 2nd half. Leinster are far more complete and I thoroughly expect and hope you will beat them comfortably.
Thanks From:
Old 22-04-18, 19:01   #31653
Solksjaer!

Music King

Old 22-04-18, 19:23   #31654
dobby

On episode 6 of The Alienist and would recommend it. Very good watch. On Netflix since Thursday.
Old 22-04-18, 19:37   #31655
Wombatman

Old 22-04-18, 19:39   #31656
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Filling in the forms for the kids schools for September and it comes to a whopping €500 a month. ffs. Now that includes their meals and after school care, and an extra bit to have them have a proper bilingual education, but it still makes stark that these little people are a big financial drain. We were thinking that we should start saving for their uni after we get a house next year or so. That's €40k each they need as an absolute minimum - so easily another €400 a month. It's all grand, and stuff, but still!
Old 22-04-18, 19:42   #31657
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
On episode 6 of The Alienist and would recommend it. Very good watch. On Netflix since Thursday.
I finished watching Troy: Fall of a City on Netlfix last night. The casting left a lot to be desired, and there was very little charisma shown by any of the characters, or chemistry involving Helen. The script was pretty shoddy too, which led to a few wooden performances, and it was very hard to bond with any of the characters. But for some reason, i actually enjoyed it. Some scenes get you emotionally involved one way or the other so i'm glad i stayed with it!
Thanks From:
Old 22-04-18, 19:42   #31658
oleras
i won that tag fair and square in roulette !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
Just starting episode 10 !

@solks, thats the second time i heard GNR today , in the shop earlier and paradise city was playing...while i was watching a young one steal an icecream, cheaky bitch stared at me as if to say...what u gona do about it ? lol
Old 22-04-18, 19:47   #31659
The Situation
Champ Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
But you'd stay to the final whistle and not be looking to beat the crowds to The Big Tree.

My point is from what I can see a large majority who go to Leinster(myself included) fail to get caught up in the moment or care all that much. It leads to a very artifical feeling. And I don't really buy into the franchise thing either. Liverpool are one of the biggest franchises in sport but you can sure there'll be an atmosphere that befits a European semi final there on Tuesday night. That sense of occasion was completely void yesterday from the get go.
Old 22-04-18, 19:49   #31660
darwinatemyhamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
Music King

You know you're middle-aged when looking at that and thinking 'nice kitchen'.
Closed Thread

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker