Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Just caught my first bit of the hopeful "Presidents" on +1 there. Jesus. Some of them should have followed John B Keane when they were trying to talk him into running years ago - "I looked at myself in the mirror this morning when I was shaving and I didnt see a President".

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          This is all golden, but this comment in particular is really useful. Thanks a mill (and brady earlier too).
          You cannot over state the last part on spell check enough. When they were narrowing down the grad cvs in my last job it eliminated about a third without anyone reading the content.

Comment

Former Ulster Unionist Leader Mike Nesbitt and columnist Fintan O'Toole in conversation with Mark Carruthers.Originally broadcast on BBC NI's The View Octobe...

Comment

I think this might perfectly show the brexit means brexit working man in all his glory

James O'Brien Schools Caller Who Tells Him Brexit Is "The Will Of The People". This caller phoned James O'Brien insisting that Brexit is "the will of the peo...

Comment

Casey into 16/1 ftw and now 10/11 favourite in betting w/o MDH.

In me other markets Duffy now 1/2 for lowest first pref and Gallager 4/6 to be under 12.55% first prefs

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                  Casey into 16/1 ftw and now 10/11 favourite in betting w/o MDH.

In me other markets Duffy now 1/2 for lowest first pref and Gallager 4/6 to be under 12.55% first prefs
                  I'm away in Israel at the minute so I can't check anything without a VPN but is there much money matched?
                  I'd be curious to see PP's book, I'd guess Casey is a decent loss if he pulls it off.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                    I'm away in Israel at the minute so I can't check anything without a VPN but is there much money matched?
                    I'd be curious to see PP's book, I'd guess Casey is a decent loss if he pulls it off.
                    Only 17k matched in that market on BF.

Yeah PP seemed to be willing to take him on right along, were even offering an arb the last day before finally cutting him to odds on this morning, clearly reluctant to believe the hype. He must be close to a seven figure loss for them.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Went to see David Byrne last night, comfortable front-runner for gig of the year for me

Comment

Pray for Denny

Just read the basic article, so maybe you've more insight. E.g. if the profits are based on something stupid like adjusting depreciation rates or genuine. Seems undeniably positive though.
                        I was expecting a bumper Q (my puts are for 2020) but even that seems a bit excessive. Worth noting too that most of their accounting staff left in the last few months. The expectation is that they've cleared out the high margin model 3 sales and it's downhill from here, + moving some bills to next Q, charging for cars and features that haven't been delivered etc etc.

Again it's like the 420 tweet, market would have reacted more if they really believed those results. Tempted to add in a naked CFD short.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          Went to see David Byrne last night, comfortable front-runner for gig of the year for me
                          Pretty pissed I missed that, only saw he was playing a couple of days ago.
                          airport, lol

Comment

Anyone know where I can get ID bracelets for kids in Dublin?

Heading to Edinburgh solo with my 3 on Sunday and inevitable one of them will disappear at some stage.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Casey now 10/1 ftw and 8/15 in the betting w/o MDH market

Comment

Casey now 10/1 ftw and 8/15 in the betting w/o MDH market
                                I wonder how the probable low turnout will impact on this?
                                Suspect it'll be mainly auld wans voting. I certainly couldn't be arsed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Anyone know where I can get ID bracelets for kids in Dublin?

Heading to Edinburgh solo with my 3 on Sunday and inevitable one of them will disappear at some stage.
                                  Tiger has cheap and cheerful ones.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Vote Pete RD. Vote Pete

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      Pretty pissed I missed that, only saw he was playing a couple of days ago.
                                      I heard rave reviews. The amount of gigs I’ve missed this year is tres annoying. To miss this one though was unforgivable. ELO are playing tonight, get yerself in there

Comment

What about the Jebus is an auld cunce law?

I think we should keep it, we should get as liberal on all human rights as possible, become a proper non religious republic but keep the blasphemy law for the craic

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Only 17k matched in that market on BF.

Yeah PP seemed to be willing to take him on right along, were even offering an arb the last day before finally cutting him to odds on this morning, clearly reluctant to believe the hype. He must be close to a seven figure loss for them.
                                          ...I'd be very curious to know how much of the 7 figure loss would be purely IPB BBV...Gotta be at least 5%...

Comment

Is there anywhere for USGA/R&A that gives the full regulations for a golf ball?

Can't seem to find them anywhere bar the usual bullet points.

Cheers

Comment

My place is looking for some staff (Compliance Manager and Affiliate & Business Dev Manager) - if anyone knows of suitable peeps on the lookout for new positions, please direct them to our ads! https://www.linkedin.com/company/nsusgroup/

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

Cheers
                                                Get the R&A rules app.

Search under golf balls and it’s in appendix 3

Appendix III - The Ball
                                                The R&A reserves the right, at any time, to change the Rules relating to clubs, balls, devices and other equipment and make or change the interpretations relating to these Rules. For up to date information, please contact The R&A or refer to our Equipment News & Notices page.

Any design in a club, ball, device or other equipment that is not covered by the Rules, which is contrary to the purpose and intent of the Rules or that might significantly change the nature of the game, will be ruled on by The R&A.

The dimensions and limits contained in Appendices II, III and IV are given in the units by which conformance is determined. An equivalent imperial/metric conversion is also referenced for information, calculated using a conversion rate of 1 inch = 25.4 mm.

A player in doubt as to the conformity of a ball should consult the R&A.

A manufactured for a ruling as to whether the ball conforms with the Rules. The samples become the property of the R&A for reference purposes. If a manufacturer fails to submit samples or, having submitted samples, fails to await a ruling before manufacturing and/or marketing the ball, the manufacturer assumes the risk of a ruling that the ball does not conform with the Rules.

The following paragraphs prescribe general regulations for the design of the ball, together with specifications and interpretations. Further information relating to these regulations and their proper interpretation is provided in “A Guide to the Rules on Clubs and Balls”.

Where a ball is required to meet a specification within the Rules, it must be designed and manufactured with the intention of meeting that specification.

1. General

The ball must not be substantially different from the traditional and customary form and make. The material and construction of the ball must not be contrary to the purpose and intent of the Rules.

2. Weight

The weight of the ball must not be greater than 1.620 ounces avoirdupois (45.93 g).

3. Size

The diameter of the ball must not be less than 1.680 inches (42.67mm).

4. Spherical Symmetry

The ball must not be designed, manufactured or intentionally modified to have properties which differ from those of a spherically symmetrical ball.

5. Initial Velocity

The initial velocity of the ball must not exceed the limit specified under the conditions set forth in the Initial Velocity Standard for golf balls on file with the R&A.

6. Overall Distance Standard

The combined carry and roll of the ball, when tested on apparatus approved by the R&A, must not exceed the distance specified under the conditions set forth in the Overall Distance Standard for golf balls on file with the R&A.
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I called a 'company' regarding a quote for guttering at the rear of my house. (two stories guttering and downpiping etc). An auld lad rocked up with some young fella and had the Gaul to quote me €2300

GTFO.

Priced and bought the stuff myself from Chadwicks and rented a ladder. Myslef and the brother did it for about €500 in an afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    I need to get some guttering fixed on my house that got damaged during the big snow. I'm afraid to call somebody I find on Adverts etc as I'm concerned some of Peter Caseys mates might arrive out which I want to avoid. Does anybody here have people they can recommend or might have used for this work in the past? TYVM.
                                                    I like your caution. They run about 90% of the game. Will leave yours in bits/ not finish. Try overcharge you and wreck your neighbors roof and will call in within a week.

I feel very sorry for the old and vulnerable dealing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                      Get the R&A rules app.

Search under golf balls and it’s in appendix 3

Appendix III - The Ball
                                                      The R&A reserves the right, at any time, to change the Rules relating to clubs, balls, devices and other equipment and make or change the interpretations relating to these Rules. For up to date information, please contact The R&A or refer to our Equipment News & Notices page.

Any design in a club, ball, device or other equipment that is not covered by the Rules, which is contrary to the purpose and intent of the Rules or that might significantly change the nature of the game, will be ruled on by The R&A.

The dimensions and limits contained in Appendices II, III and IV are given in the units by which conformance is determined. An equivalent imperial/metric conversion is also referenced for information, calculated using a conversion rate of 1 inch = 25.4 mm.

A player in doubt as to the conformity of a ball should consult the R&A.

A manufactured for a ruling as to whether the ball conforms with the Rules. The samples become the property of the R&A for reference purposes. If a manufacturer fails to submit samples or, having submitted samples, fails to await a ruling before manufacturing and/or marketing the ball, the manufacturer assumes the risk of a ruling that the ball does not conform with the Rules.

The following paragraphs prescribe general regulations for the design of the ball, together with specifications and interpretations. Further information relating to these regulations and their proper interpretation is provided in “A Guide to the Rules on Clubs and Balls”.

Where a ball is required to meet a specification within the Rules, it must be designed and manufactured with the intention of meeting that specification.

1. General

The ball must not be substantially different from the traditional and customary form and make. The material and construction of the ball must not be contrary to the purpose and intent of the Rules.

2. Weight

The weight of the ball must not be greater than 1.620 ounces avoirdupois (45.93 g).

3. Size

The diameter of the ball must not be less than 1.680 inches (42.67mm).

4. Spherical Symmetry

The ball must not be designed, manufactured or intentionally modified to have properties which differ from those of a spherically symmetrical ball.

5. Initial Velocity

The initial velocity of the ball must not exceed the limit specified under the conditions set forth in the Initial Velocity Standard for golf balls on file with the R&A.

6. Overall Distance Standard

The combined carry and roll of the ball, when tested on apparatus approved by the R&A, must not exceed the distance specified under the conditions set forth in the Overall Distance Standard for golf balls on file with the R&A.
                                                      Would point 1 cover 'microchips' within the ball etc? Even if they don't exceed the other regulations do you think?

Comment

Would point 1 cover 'microchips' within the ball etc? Even if they don't exceed the other regulations do you think?
                                                        No idea.

They might have a rules query e-mail address on their website
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                          I like your caution. They run about 90% of the game. Will leave yours in bits/ not finish. Try overcharge you and wreck your neighbors roof and will call in within a week.

I feel very sorry for the old and vulnerable dealing with them.
                                                          Vote Casey

Comment

I need to get some guttering fixed on my house that got damaged during the big snow. I'm afraid to call somebody I find on Adverts etc as I'm concerned some of Peter Caseys mates might arrive out which I want to avoid. Does anybody here have people they can recommend or might have used for this work in the past? TYVM.
                                                            You need to get into the local shop in Ardclough. John and Susan are the one true source of all local information and telephone numbers. Will ask if I’m in there later.

Comment

So now that the Casey think is truly done, who's next?

Of the 5 or so minutes I've seen of the race only the women didn't come across as clowns

Why no joy for them?

Freeman (with no digging) seems to have the background required and ni Riada has the shinners behind her

Comment

Hi

I will send you a number in a while

John

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                  Hi

I will send you a number in a while

John
                                                                  Can I get same please? Celbridge area. #MeToo

Comment

Final bid in on potential house for life with motivated sellers.

One Time, housing gods.

Comment

Does the point insist on ID now going in on a 3 person ticket .

Comment

Have never been asked for ID there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                          Does the point insist on ID now going in on a 3 person ticket .
                                                                          Have never been asked for ID there even though every gig I've been to has said it's a requirement so, to answer your question, no.

Comment

One Time, housing gods.
                                                                            GL. Whereabouts

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                              Can I get same please? Celbridge area. #MeToo
                                                                              Sent there young man

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                GL. Whereabouts
                                                                                Howth Road, down by the art deco houses.

Comment

One Time, housing gods.
                                                                                  We're about to exchange. Went way quicker than I thought, but I've never been tied down by something like this so still tempted to say fuck this shit!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    We're about to exchange. Went way quicker than I thought, but I've never been tied down by something like this so still tempted to say fuck this shit!
                                                                                    Locked into Brexit-land now Shraap!

No going back from here, your house will be worth millions soon!

SPOILER
                                                                                    When the auld hyperinflation licks in

Comment

Howth Road, down by the art deco houses.
                                                                                      Is there much work needed?
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Locked into Brexit-land now Shraap!

No going back from here, your house will be worth millions soon!

SPOILER
                                                                                        When the auld hyperinflation licks in
                                                                                        Can't wait!

Comment

Cheers
                                                                                          The new Rules of Golf App is brilliant.

I play about 3 times a year (max), and the App is seriously useful.

Comment

Watching Great Lighthouses of Ireland on rte at the moment. Currently on the two on Skellig. Looks incredible!

Really need to make that trip, tips please. GAB and a couple more only had good things to say from what I remember?

Comment

Also not posted a for a while, went to Ibiza for the first time a couple of weeks ago for closing parties. Wouldn't really say its my scene but fuck me it was class. Did 4 big parties, think I'm only recovering now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                Watching Great Lighthouses of Ireland on rte at the moment. Currently on the two on Skellig. Looks incredible!

Really need to make that trip, tips please. GAB and a couple more only had good things to say from what I remember?
                                                                                                There is a fella going around painting every lighthouse in Ireland and has some lovely prints going if your interested. Someone pulled them out at work recently and they looked class.

Comment

...

Comment

John Reynolds of POD / Electric Picnic fame is very young at 52 to be checking out. It must have had a few good years back when the POD was absolutely everything - 2000/2003.
                                                                                                    I'm always surprised that Dermot Morgan was only 45 when he died. Seemed like an auld lad at the time.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                      There is a fella going around painting every lighthouse in Ireland and has some lovely prints going if your interested. Someone pulled them out at work recently and they looked class.
                                                                                                      Post up that fellas name and website plz. Moved house recently can see Kish out the bedroom window, was looking out for a good painting/print.

Comment

...

Comment

Had some epic nights in red box/pod late 90s early 2000s. RIP John, added a great splash of classy premium entertainment to Ireland.
                                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                            I'm always surprised that Dermot Morgan was only 45 when he died. Seemed like an auld lad at the time.
                                                                                                            He was? Fck. Heart got him?
                                                                                                            Yup heart attack.
                                                                                                            Surprised he was only 45 too. The grey hair and character on Fr. Ted made he seem older

Comment

The big day is here at last. Vote Casey.

Comment

Vote Casey and vote often.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  Yup heart attack.
                                                                                                                  Surprised he was only 45 too. The grey hair and character on Fr. Ted made he seem older
                                                                                                                  The comments from Tiernan about it were interesting. Surprising nobody did anything about it.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

The big day is here at last. Vote Casey.
                                                                                                                    Vote Casey and vote often.
                                                                                                                    I know you guys are only half serious, well unsure about Kev. Wonder do people know how much of a prick this fraggle headed gimp is. An absolute wanker to work for apparently.

Looking forward to him departing my brain.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Kev please remove the above Blasphemy and maybe ban Laz for a day!
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

100% serious. This is about a safe a protest vote that the paying class will get.

Vote Casey.

Comment

Kev please remove the above and maybe ban Laz for a day!
                                                                                                                          Vote Yes.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X