hand from cash game at ipc!!! wonder what ye think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hand from cash game at ipc!!! wonder what ye think

friend of mine was in this hand over the w end at the IPC and wanted me to post it on here and see what people think...

blinds 1-2 with a straddle of 5 friend in seat 6 called a raise of 18 button is on seat 9 he raised and one more caller in seat 3... flop k 4 6 rainbow... check seat 3 check seat 6 bet of 20 from seat 9 seat 3 folds and and then seat 9 throws his hand into the muck without my friend makin any action...

here comes the fun part deal said his hand was muck but said would call floor just the second it floor came over and was told the story and called player 9 away from the table and asked him his 2 cards and went through the muck and got his 2 cards.. my friend and other players at the table disagreed with the ruling and got up and left the table...

my friend thought once ur cards are mucked there are dead and thats that... what do others think cheers

Originally posted by biscuits View Post
    friend of mine was in this hand over the w end at the IPC and wanted me to post it on here and see what people think...

blinds 1-2 with a straddle of 5 friend in seat 6 called a raise of 18 button is on seat 9 he raised and one more caller in seat 3... flop k 4 6 rainbow... check seat 3 check seat 6 bet of 20 from seat 9 seat 3 folds and and then seat 9 throws his hand into the muck without my friend makin any action...

here comes the fun part deal said his hand was muck but said would call floor just the second it floor came over and was told the story and called player 9 away from the table and asked him his 2 cards and went through the muck and got his 2 cards.. my friend and other players at the table disagreed with the ruling and got up and left the table...

my friend thought once ur cards are mucked there are dead and thats that... what do others think cheers
    For sure they are mucked and dead floor person is clueless and the dealer shouldnt even have to call him or her over.

Comment

Hand is dead Seat 6 has the last remaining live head should get the pot, pretty stupid on Seat 9's part.

Terrible ruling by the Floor Manager to root out the hand, what was the outcome? Did the Floor Manager make the hand live again?
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

the outcome was that player 9 hand was live again and that my friend just folded and left in disgust even though he said he had a king he was going the check push but was so pissed off with the ruling he and others left the table and was even pissed off with player in seat 9 as he said at the start he hand was dead but didnt open his mouth when FLOOR MANGER was making the ruling...

Comment

I agree that his hand should be dead but being pissed of with the player is ridic imo. So long as the floor manager has been told the truth of the whole incident then it is his decision to make.
          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Same floor manager (i'd guess) gave a player 2 warnings at our table & when had to give 3rd warning (and evict player) he then brought player back to table for X-Factor style vote by players to let him stay or go!

Comment

Ugh. Assuming all this is true, who the hell is this clown and who put him in charge?
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

wow lol, seat 9 just turned his Q-10 in KK as soon as the floor asked i'd say lol

Magic Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Same floor manager (i'd guess) gave a player 2 warnings at our table & when had to give 3rd warning (and evict player) he then brought player back to table for X-Factor style vote by players to let him stay or go!
                  Was Howard Finkel the TD?
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                    Was Howard Finkel the TD?
                    Love to see how that'd go,

Originally posted by Howard Finkel
                    Seat 6 your a bullshittin cunt sayin you had the King, Seat 9 if you even try to say you had KK i'm going to show you a level first hand!

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits View Post
                      the outcome was that player 9 hand was live again and that my friend just folded and left in disgust even though he said he had a king he was going the check push but was so pissed off with the ruling he and others left the table and was even pissed off with player in seat 9 as he said at the start he hand was dead but didnt open his mouth when FLOOR MANGER was making the ruling...
                      Thats absolutely ridiculous! Stupid ruling, I would of done what your mate did and get up and leave the game but after the hand.

Who was the Floor Manager by the way do you know?

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                      I agree that his hand should be dead but being pissed of with the player is ridic imo. So long as the floor manager has been told the truth of the whole incident then it is his decision to make.
                      Yeah obviously most of the blame is on the Floor Manager but sometimes a player needs to stand up and say "my bad" imo
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Yeah obviously most of the blame is on the Floor Manager but sometimes a player needs to stand up and say "my bad" imo
                        Yeah there is an onus on the player to be honest and provide the floor manager with all the info. By the sound of it he has done this, admitted he thinks the hand is dead and the floor manager has still made his decision so nothing else he could/should do imo.
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          Who was the Floor Manager by the way do you know?
                          Sounds like a bit of a mug.

Last edited by Morihei; 07-12-10, 13:54.

Comment

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dx47VMC0c0"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dx47VMC0c0[/ame]
                            this is something similar i found on you tube, in this case the dealer took the players hand and put into the muck after she had announced all-in! it turns out she had AA and TD was called to give a ruling. they looked for the cards but they werent the top 2 so her hand is dead.
                            In the hand above, your friend should take the pot, imo!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlGSXlDB-GA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlGSXlDB-GA[/ame]

Similar ruling here i guess. I know that seat 9 mucked his own hand but its not unusual that the TD looks in the muck.

Just in relation to the OP, could you take more time in your posts because they are very hard to read.

I think what should of happened is that seat 9 now plays the board. either way your friend should of won the pot.

Comment

^^^ lol
                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by luckylawz View Post
                                  http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dx47VMC0c0
                                  this is something similar i found on you tube, in this case the dealer took the players hand and put into the muck after she had announced all-in! it turns out she had AA and TD was called to give a ruling. they looked for the cards but they werent the top 2 so her hand is dead.
                                  In the hand above, your friend should take the pot, imo!
                                  You are all in for your tournament
                                  You have the best starting hand in holdem
                                  You are sitting right next to the dealer and...

You're not guarding your cards with your life?

It would be a bit harsh to say she deserved this but she as good as mucked her hand.

Comment

Similar ruling to the above WSOP example.

Seat 9's mucked his hand and is dead but his uncalled €20 is returned to him and seat 6 wins the pot.

If the dealer mucked seat 9's cards and they were clearly identifiable I would retrieve them in the interest of fairness.
                                    €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                                    Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                                    €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                                    CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
                                      If the dealer mucked seat 9's cards and they were clearly identifiable I would retrieve them in the interest of fairness.
                                      But I assume that they would really have the be 100% identifiable by one of your staff and not going on the seat 9's word and routing through the muck cards

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                        But I assume that they would really have the be 100% identifiable by one of your staff and not going on the seat 9's word and routing through the muck cards
                                        Yes they have to be clearly identifiable.
                                        €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                                        Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                                        €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                                        CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Working...
                                        X