Showing Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Cards

Does the show one show all rule apply in cash games?

We apply this rule to our cash games but some players say it is a tournament rule and some say it applies in cash too.

Is this a house rule or a general rule?

In tournaments after the hand is over u can have the option to show 1 of ur cards or both, I showed 1 after a hand in the IWf no problems. During a hand tho if u expose a card u will usually get a warning and a penalty if u do it more then once

Comment

Originally posted by JWillo1 View Post
      In tournaments after the hand is over u can have the option to show 1 of ur cards or both, I showed 1 after a hand in the IWf no problems. During a hand tho if u expose a card u will usually get a warning and a penalty if u do it more then once
      I think the op is wondering if you show 1 or both cards to another player do they then have to show these to the rest of the table.

It's definitely the case in tournaments but for cash games I'm not sure. I believe cash game rules are maleable and can be different in each place so it's probably a decision to take upon yourselves.

Edit - Rules are rules but good etiquette would definitely demand that any info that one person may glean from seeing a player's cards should be available to all at the table
      Last edited by sligoboi; 28-10-10, 15:42.
      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
        I think the op is wondering if you show 1 or both cards to another player do they then have to show these to the rest of the table.
        Yup, pretty much this. Cheers.

Comment

right yea i think usually tho if u show 1 person ur cards a player can demand to see them or else that player will be getting an unfair advantage on the rest of the table

On a side note is there ever any spots say in cash games where it might be advantageous to show 1 card to ur opponent if he's faced with a raise? I've never done this as i believe I wud just be giving away free info rather than using it to my advantage..

Comment

I would be of the impression if you show one person your cards anybody at the table can request to see those cards.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              I would be of the impression if you show one person your cards anybody at the table can request to see those cards.
              But as a rule do you have to show the rest of the table, or only if asked by a player who started the hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Liono View Post
                But as a rule do you have to show the rest of the table, or only if asked by a player who started the hand?
                Technically you should show the whole table, I see it time to time where a player will show the person next to him his cards depends on the action I suppose sometimes people let it slide but sometimes people would like to know.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

i think it is the case if you show one person at a table a card or both cards, even in tournament or cash everyone at the table has the right to see the card/cards.......

i have seen in tournaments a rule that if you show one card a player is entiltled to see the second (unless you muck it first)????

Comment

For a cash game its locals rules apply. Most will be show 1 show all. I was at a cash game last year in Killarney where seat 1 showed seat 2 his cards after he won the hand where another player folded to his river bet and then refused to show anyone else as that was the rule with Q club which was backed up by dealer and floor manager after the other player demanded to see his cards.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                      refused to show anyone else as that was the rule with Q club
                      Could anyone explain to me the logic behind this?

Comment

Working...
                      X