No announcement yet.

2014 Grind & Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok gonna restart this thread up, could a mod change the title to 2014 grind and goals thread please.

had a decent start to the year a few ships of small field tourneys, have mainly been on the night schedule due to my sleep being all over the place so need to get that sorted asap.

goals for the year gonna include realistic and unrealistic poker goals for the lolz but will be trying to achieve all of them.

poker goals

Realistic goals

• $100k profit on stars
    • top 25 yearly TLB on stars
    • 10k+ games on stars
    • achieve supernova
    • review 5 tourneys a week min (others and my own) and watch 5 training videos a week
    • possibly do some low stakes coaching( undecided on this as not really sure how i'll come across as a coach and if i'll be any good at it, if anyone who is playing low stakes wants free coaching till the end of the month from me for free as a trial period for myself pm me)

Unrealistic goals

$250k profit on stars

top 5 yearly TLB on stars

play some WSOP events including main event

become a high stakes reg on stars.

Life goals
    • Travel a lot more this year and get out of ireland for a considerable amount of time (6+ months - 1 year)
    • save money and not be a complete retard with it
    • drink a hell of a lot less than i did last year

thats pretty much it really unless i think of anymore, about to watch some training vids then get on that soft nightly grind and grind through till the $25 hyper after the $11r 40k rebuy tomorrow night to try and get my sleep in order and corrected. gonna try and not post graphs etc gonna try and not be results orientated and not worry about profit etc just try to keep improving and let the results happen, will keep the TLB and vpps updated a decent amount and post whenever i have a decent final table sweat going.

gl everyone this year lets make it a big one

NSFW thread savers

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
      [*]review 5 tourneys a week min (others and my own) and watch 5 training videos a week

-any recomendations on the best training videos/sites have thought about them before but have never used them.

-is it possible to share tourneys with other players with holdem manager? and if so how?

GOALS
      Build up enough of a bankroll so i can comfotably play 180's up to $15 and MTT's up to $55
      Improve my online poker set-up
      Play more live and have a 5k+ live win
      Stick to my new bankroll limits
      The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
      MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
        -any recomendations on the best training videos/sites have thought about them before but have never used them.

-is it possible to share tourneys with other players with holdem manager? and if so how?

GOALS
        Build up enough of a bankroll so i can comfotably play 180's up to $15 and MTT's up to $55
        run it once is the best out there at the moment imo, jason koon,david emmons, sam grafton, sam greenwood, jono crute, espen sorlie are all good to watch on there, its all about finding which one suits you the best really, but id def suggest watching their videos for sure.

havent heard of sharing tourneys through HEM if im reviewing with someone we'd put the tourney into universal replayer and use team viewer to go through the hands.

Comment

run it once is the best out there at the moment imo, jason koon,david emmons, sam grafton, sam greenwood, jono crute, espen sorlie are all good to watch on there, its all about finding which one suits you the best really, but id def suggest watching their videos for sure.

havent heard of sharing tourneys through HEM if im reviewing with someone we'd put the tourney into universal replayer and use team viewer to go through the hands.
          run it once is the 1 was looking at lately....is there enough content in the essential plan or would you need the elite package.....huge price difference.
          MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Sam Greenwoods voice tilts the fuck out of me. I never made it through one of his videos! David Emmons is fantastic. I watched almost all of his. Live sweat sessions are the best to watch IMO, and he does a ton of them. His tilt control is just way and above anyone else i've ever seen before

Comment

run it once is the 1 was looking at lately....is there enough content in the essential plan or would you need the elite package.....huge price difference.
              Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Sam Greenwoods voice tilts the fuck out of me. I never made it through one of his videos! David Emmons is fantastic. I watched almost all of his. Live sweat sessions are the best to watch IMO, and he does a ton of them. His tilt control is just way and above anyone else i've ever seen before
              you could start off with the essential plan watch jono crutes and espen sorlies vids but id def say get the elite package as soon as you can afford it.

haha tony i know what your saying i do have to force myself through his vids, david emmons is class goes into good detail about spots and is always chilled the fuck out.

Comment

suppose i should kick off the restart of the thread with an FT

just a small one though 4/7 in the $8 turbo double chance 600 cheeseburgers for the win

Comment

2nd for $440 kinda of sick cooler HU then lost a race good start to the day though lets continue it

Comment

GL this years chips.
                    “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

pretty infuriating day, playing really well then all of a sudden at 3.05pm the power goes and doesnt come back on till 7.15pm apparently some gobshite was cutting down trees and went straight through the electric mains or some shit, only had 8 tables going and luckily enough hadnt regged for the rest of the days tourneys yet. ended being tilted and went to bed at half 5 knowing it wasnt coming back on for a while. Have about 4 vids watched from last night and about 8 in total this week + 3 HH reviews so at least on target for that goal, somewhere around 180th in yearly tlb and around 4k vpps on the year so far. Gonna watch some NBA then get some more training vids and a review in then get on the grind once done.

Comment

GL for the year chips!

GOALS
                        If you're using HEM1. Click Results>Data View>Select "All" hands>Right click on a hand(pick a hand, any hand...)>Click "Export All hands to Hard Drive">Create a new folder on your Desktop>Click OK into that folder>Compress the folder into a zip file/folder. Then you can send the entire MTT hand history to someone via skype/email etc.

Pretty sure that's what you meant(?). You might not need to compress it, that's more for full database transfers.
                        It's all an illusion

Comment

Frerolled into IPO galway and going well in $2.50 180's...up just over 500 this month.....just curious about roi in these(am running @40% over very small sample of about 350 will be interesting to see long term... 5k+) ....was reading the top players achieve 50-70% roi in the 180 turbos ....anyone on here get that?

Was also looking to post this guide up I found it years ago but wasnt sure where to post it.used it to setup my Hold'Em manager with color coded ranges, not many guides like this and would be very useful for anyone only starting out or if anyone wants to setup their own custom hud

Also have started using starshelper ...as good as table ninja for a once off fee + ...am using 1 months trial at the min
                          MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Frerolled into IPO galway and going well in $2.50 180's...up just over 500 this month.....just curious about roi in these(am running @40% over very small sample of about 350 will be interesting to see long term... 5k+) ....was reading the top players achieve 50-70% roi in the 180 turbos ....anyone on here get that?

Was also looking to post this guide up I found it years ago but wasnt sure where to post it.used it to setup my Hold'Em manager with color coded ranges, not many guides like this and would be very useful for anyone only starting out or if anyone wants to setup their own custom hud

Also have started using starshelper ...as good as table ninja for a once off fee + ...am using 1 months trial at the min
                            http://starshelper.net/
                            Don't get obsessed with ROI and focus more on improving your game. Here's a forum on 2p2 that's dedicated to MTTSNG. Open an account and get posting. Post your hands and give feed back on other peoples hands. Some age old advice...don't read the replies before you make your own judgement on the hand and try to be the first to reply to a hand. Being wrong and getting into debate is a great way for your brain to learn. Your ROI will naturally increase, but more importantly so will your profit.
                            It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                              Don't get obsessed with ROI and focus more on improving your game. Here's a forum on 2p2 that's dedicated to MTTSNG. Open an account and get posting. Post your hands and give feed back on other peoples hands. Some age old advice...don't read the replies before you make your own judgement on the hand and try to be the first to reply to a hand. Being wrong and getting into debate is a great way for your brain to learn. Your ROI will naturally increase, but more importantly so will your profit.
                              really can't stress this enough even though i have profit goals this year i'm not gonna be checking my profit at all just gonna work on my game alot and let the results come themselves rather than stressing about downswings or thinking i'm a fucking boss during upswings.

just starting grind now got another 2 training vids from david emmons in, this is my saturday

Comment

First sunday in a few months ive had a bankroll for MTT's
                                will be sticking to my 100x buyin rule and only playing the $3 and $5 buyins + the storm or bigger 11 from my points.
                                just curious about the $2 rebuys what buyin rule should i be using for these? or what bankroll would i need to play them?
                                GL everyone today
                                MTT Calender 2015

Comment

just dont go mad in the $2r's and you'll be fine,

got 91 mtts in yesterday in a 19 hour session had a few deep runs and got a 9th in the 27.50 360 cap although didnt play a hand on the FT. lets just say i didnt run optimally for most of the day lol, decent sunday coming up today hoping i was saving a ship yesterday for today gl anyone playing

Comment

quick update, incredibly frustrating sunday, 22nd in hot 11 17th in 11r AH relatively deep in the bigger 8 and built a decent amount of stacks without doing anything with them. yesterday i hit unregister all at half 6 felt like i was playing awful and making the wrong decision everytime i got involved in a pot. gonna get some more reviewing in now before i start playing later on today .

VPPs for the year: 5040

Yearly TLB place 149th

volume is also really good at the moment so hoping to keep that up without burning myself out but have my sleep schedule on track at least so thats a plus.

Comment

finally managed to close one out after what feels like thousands of deep runs(obv wish it was thousands :P) only a small one but a confidence builder at least

PokerStars Tournament #850816307, No Limit Hold'em
                                      Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD
                                      721 players
                                      Total Prize Pool: $10530.00 USD
                                      Tournament started 2014/01/23 14:15:00 WET [2014/01/23 9:15:00 ET]

Dear chips1234,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 1,974.92 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 461.89 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

Comment

hit a crossbar 8th in the hot 11 gets pretty shallow deep and took a standard spot on btn KT<QJ getting closer though

PokerStars Tournament #850817687, No Limit Hold'em
                                        Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
                                        6330 players
                                        Total Prize Pool: $63300.00 USD
                                        Tournament started 2014/01/25 17:30:00 WET [2014/01/25 12:30:00 ET]

Dear chips1234,

You finished the tournament in 8th place. A USD 791.25 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 565.60 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Comment

Good to have you back chips, glad you got everything sorted, getting back to the grind myself Mon/Tue after been away for a bit. Gl for 2014

Comment

TCOOP sunday !!

131st on yearly TLB

around 6kvpps on the year

just going over the hot 11 HH from last night does anyone think we can shove tighter than nash says in this situation given the <1bb stack ? my first instinct is we should be given the <1bb stack and the structure and how shallow the FT plays in general + we're on the button and could possibly ladder before we hit the blinds again, here's the results from the nash calculator im never folding KTo here but i think we can fold some of the range that nash says given we should be getting called v often

HoldemResources Nash Results

i think im prob being a little results orientated but would like to hear thoughts ??

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $10 Buy-in (150,000/300,000 blinds, 37,500 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
                                            Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #22714691

UTG+2: 4,685,625 (15.6 bb)
                                            MP1: 2,548,314 (8.5 bb)
                                            MP2: 1,651,534 (5.5 bb)
                                            MP3: 3,167,538 (10.6 bb)
                                            CO: 311,586 (1 bb)
                                            Hero (BTN): 1,067,698 (3.6 bb)
                                            SB: 1,309,476 (4.4 bb)
                                            BB: 4,248,229 (14.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K:diamond: T:heart:
                                            5 folds, Hero raises to 1,030,198 and is all-in, SB folds, BB calls 730,198

Flop: (2,510,396) Q:heart: 8:spade: 6:diamond: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
                                            Turn: (2,510,396) A:club: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
                                            River: (2,510,396) 7:diamond: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

SPOILER
                                            Results: 2,510,396 pot
                                            Final Board: Q:heart: 8:spade: 6:diamond: A:club: 7:diamond:
                                            Hero showed K:diamond: T:heart: and lost (-1,067,698 net)
                                            BB showed Q:spade: J:diamond: and won 2,510,396 (1,442,698 net)
                                            Last edited by chips1234; 26-01-14, 11:39.

Comment

Is Nash saying you should be shoving 54.4% and you're asking does anyone think 'we can shove tighter than nash says in this situation'

Not 100% what you mean. Is it that you want to shove tighter, as in 30% of hands? K10o is still a shove though imo but i'd be leaving J7o in the muck. I've never studies Nash, just brushed over it once so pretty clueless on it tbh

Comment

Is Nash saying you should be shoving 54.4% and you're asking does anyone think 'we can shove tighter than nash says in this situation'

Not 100% what you mean. Is it that you want to shove tighter, as in 30% of hands? K10o is still a shove though imo but i'd be leaving J7o in the muck. I've never studies Nash, just brushed over it once so pretty clueless on it tbh
                                                my wording was wrong, no im not folding KTo here but i think we should def be shoving tighter than what nash says, not sure why i said i was being results orientated prob just because of the hand he woke up with i guess.

Comment

my wording was wrong, no im not folding KTo here but i think we should def be shoving tighter than what nash says,
                                                  Yeah that's what i figured and i agree. 30% ish imo, maybe even a little tighter because of the BB's stack

Comment

Yeah that's what i figured and i agree. 30% ish imo, maybe even a little tighter because of the BB's stack
                                                    yeah i agree we are almost always getting called unless hes terrible, hadnt played with him so didnt really have an opinion on him

Comment

Good to see you putting things right.

You done a cEv calculation (where it says structure 100% = cEv) so nash isnt understanding its an icm / final table / $ decision, you need to enter the payout %s to get the correct nash of the situation.

with payouts it drops to 18.6%

So to answer yeh somewhere tighter than nash cEV is correct and somewhere wider than nash $EV cant be too bad

and the full table with payouts entered

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                        Good to see you putting things right.

You done a cEv calculation (where it says structure 100% = cEv) so nash isnt understanding its an icm / final table / $ decision, you need to enter the payout %s to get the correct nash of the situation.

with payouts it drops to 18.6%

So to answer yeh somewhere tighter than nash cEV is correct and somewhere wider than nash $EV cant be too bad

and the full table with payouts entered
                                                        http://www.holdemresources.net/h/web...48229&s9=&s10=

thanks dave (y) glgl today on the glorious sunday (sun)

Comment

things still going pretty frustrating, FT'ed the early 11r action hour yesterday for 9th then 5th in the $22 $12k aswell, today had two 6th's including just now in the late 11r action hour, not much else i could of don in the spots though, other than that im def playing well have gotten my reviews and videos in so im on top of things for sure.

7.5k vpps on the year and somewhere around 150th in the yearly TLB before it updates with that FT from the AH .

Comment

haven't updated in a while and being honest it would of just been me bitching about run bad if i did, anyways got the monkey off my back for the year and shipping the big 8 for just shy of 8k (sun)
                                                            should be a decent boost and get me in the top 100 of the yearly TLB i think

PokerStars Tournament #866158346, No Limit Hold'em
                                                            Buy-In: $8.00/$0.80 USD
                                                            6388 players
                                                            Total Prize Pool: $51104.00 USD
                                                            Tournament started 2014/02/21 16:00:00 WET [2014/02/21 11:00:00 ET]

Dear chips1234,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 7,996.44 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 1,531.73 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Comment

Hi everyone ...

I am the backer chips scammed.Just a quick update of what is happening now ...

He scammed me ,said he was going through a lot of problems in his life etc etc ,I did not care and obviously was not happy.Anyway after i went mad and had time to calm down we both had a chat I gave him a small life line

I let him play micro stakes with a VERY small roll.He grinded every day every hour.Started working tons on his game to.

He started to make money at low stakes so I let him play a bit higher.He kept working hard and kept playing more.He has now paid back EVERYTHING he owes me

Comment

might be an idea to get his social media stuff pulled from the 2+2 OP as well
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

update ...

[21:16:42] chips1234 PS: update: MU = -$2430 audit: http://www7.pokerstars.com/reports/C...0609161112.zip before you look at the audit i have to confess that last sunday and last tuesday i made withdraws totalling $991 that i made while i was drunk i cant even remember making them or how i even spent it, and didnt see that i had made them until thursday night when i started playing, i did make that money back over the weekend. Can you please not go crazy it was more stupid decisions i made while i was drunk while i know thats not an excuse at all and the fact i made it back doesnt matter but can you please refrain from posting this i will grind the $2430 MU and you can drop me then or if you dont want to continue backing me i can find another backer to back so i can pay you back but i obv wont be able to find another one if you post about this so please think before going off on one and before posting thank you

Comment

Originally posted by demetri1978 View Post
                                                                    update ...

[21:16:42] chips1234 PS: update: MU = -$2430 audit: http://www7.pokerstars.com/reports/C...0609161112.zip before you look at the audit i have to confess that last sunday and last tuesday i made withdraws totalling $991 that i made while i was drunk i cant even remember making them or how i even spent it, and didnt see that i had made them until thursday night when i started playing, i did make that money back over the weekend. Can you please not go crazy it was more stupid decisions i made while i was drunk while i know thats not an excuse at all and the fact i made it back doesnt matter but can you please refrain from posting this i will grind the $2430 MU and you can drop me then or if you dont want to continue backing me i can find another backer to back so i can pay you back but i obv wont be able to find another one if you post about this so please think before going off on one and before posting thank you
                                                                    posting to confirm this and to say what a fucking retard i am.

Comment

Someone alerted me to this on 2plus2 earlier and all i can say is i have no fukin sympathy..just quit poker and stop giving Irish Poker a bad name,i can understand someone playing drunk and losing his balls and i confess that ive done it in the past on countless occasions but withdrawing cash drunk?

Cmon buddy give us some fukin credit we arent fukin idiots we all do play poker..well at least about 10% of the people here play poker...not sure what the rest do besides tell each other how great they all are..im sure the regulars here who forgave you so lightly after your last theft didnt help by letting you off so easily...any other forum you would of gotten ripped apart and you wouldnt of been so quick to do it again

You obviously have some issues you need to resolve.Poker and staking requires both parties to have trust with each other and requires you to have discipline and to be responsible handling cash.You have clearly shown that you are unable to do any of the above.Just walk away from Poker...you clearly have issues you need to resolve in life..sort them out

Comment

Originally posted by patg2 View Post
                                                                        Someone alerted me to this on 2plus2 earlier and all i can say is i have no fukin sympathy..just quit poker and stop giving Irish Poker a bad name,i can understand someone playing drunk and losing his balls and i confess that ive done it in the past on countless occasions but withdrawing cash drunk?

Cmon buddy give us some fukin credit we arent fukin idiots we all do play poker..well at least about 10% of the people here play poker...not sure what the rest do besides tell each other how great they all are..im sure the regulars here who forgave you so lightly after your last theft didnt help by letting you off so easily...any other forum you would of gotten ripped apart and you wouldnt of been so quick to do it again

You obviously have some issues you need to resolve.Poker and staking requires both parties to have trust with each other and requires you to have discipline and to be responsible handling cash.You have clearly shown that you are unable to do any of the above.Just walk away from Poker...you clearly have issues you need to resolve in life..sort them out
                                                                        Ah yeah but sure it's all just a bit of craic isn't it? Sure he has made that chap loads of money already.. be grand sure! be grand!
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

anyone who puts in volume like this deserves an odd slip off the rails;

Games Played: 4165
                                                                          Total Winnings: $99,799.38

Games Played: 9049
                                                                          Total Winnings: $235,628.30

Comment

You are clearly simple...

I have shopped in Dunnes once a week for the last 8 years

On average €100 a week

€100 x 52 = €5200 x 8 = €41,600

Ive given Dunnes a lot of money

Im sure given my amazing shopping history with Dunnes and how much money they have made off me they will let it slip if i steal a few k worth of grocerys...and im sure the 2nd time they would be even more understanding...i mean they'd have to be like wouldnt they?

I suppose you just cant teach stupidity..your either born with or your not

Comment

You are clearly simple...

I have shopped in Dunnes once a week for the last 8 years

On average €100 a week

€100 x 52 = €5200 x 8 = €41,600

Ive given Dunnes a lot of money

Im sure given my amazing shopping history with Dunnes and how much money they have made off me they will let it slip if i steal a few k worth of grocerys...and im sure the 2nd time they would be even more understanding...i mean they'd have to be like wouldnt they?

I suppose you just cant teach stupidity..your either born with or your not
                                                                              Shocked you're not a super value man tbh. Do you never pop in to the local shop for an extra 2L of milk though?
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                Shocked you're not a super value man tbh. Do you never pop in to the local shop for an extra 2L of milk though?
                                                                                Only €416 in rakeback from Dunnes. That's a lot of grinding tbh

Comment

.just quit poker and stop giving Irish Poker a bad name
                                                                                  lol wut?

Comment

Most ridiculous statement I've seen on here ever! Guy is clearly a brilliant player who puts a lot of work and effort into his game and time! Ok he has an outburst of sillyness for the second time which he clearly holds his hands up for we've all been stupid more than once in our lives, I'm sure he'l put things right chin up chips mate, get back on it!
                                                                                    take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

ps If ya have any dunnes vouchers left over at christmas, I love a bit of turkey me

Comment

So he robs money for the second time and people just say no problem, again, seriously.
                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                          So he robs money for the second time and people just say no problem, again, seriously.
                                                                                          It's ok, he's a good player and puts in volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                            I am not saying there is nothing wrong with this should of said it in the post but point I was trying to make is statement that pat made saying "give up". I think that is silly

Comment

Originally posted by 4ofakind1489 View Post
                                                                                              Most ridiculous statement I've seen on here ever! Guy is clearly a brilliant player who puts a lot of work and effort into his game and time! Ok he has an outburst of sillyness for the second time which he clearly holds his hands up for we've all been stupid more than once in our lives, I'm sure he'l put things right chin up chips mate, get back on it!
                                                                                              It's hardly that ridiculous. Being "brilliant" at poker is only part of the battle. Money management and bankroll management in general are also hugely important. Chips obviously needs to be backed full time, so having a good reputation is vital to him. Shitting on a backer who has gone out of his way TWICE to help him is sheer stupidity. If you can't manage money, fine, get backed but then to go robbing your backer TWICE? Call it a day. He's reputation is in tatters here and 2+2, being brilliant means fuck all, better players have stolen far less than him and now they can't get a deal anywhere. Reputation is vital in staking.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                                                                                It's hardly that ridiculous. Being "brilliant" at poker is only part of the battle. Money management and bankroll management in general are also hugely important. Chips obviously needs to be backed full time, so having a good reputation is vital to him. Shitting on a backer who has gone out of his way TWICE to help him is sheer stupidity. If you can't manage money, fine, get backed but then to go robbing your backer TWICE? Call it a day. He's reputation is in tatters here and 2+2, being brilliant means fuck all, better players have stolen far less than him and now they can't get a deal anywhere. Reputation is vital in staking.
                                                                                                Ok +1 when you put it like that sheer waste of talent tho

Comment

You are clearly simple...Yes, but very happy and contented, one of the the advantages of being simple. You walk through life whistling a cheerful tune.

I suppose you just cant teach stupidity..your either born with or your not Unsure about this. Maybe if you associate with stupid ppl you become stupid but if you associated with stupid ppl it would be a stupid thing to do so you must be stupid in 1st place therefore it maybe is something you are born with, unless you were aware of others stupidity which would mean you were not stupid after all. All a bit confusing to me obviously

Comment

Incredibly stupid from chips to 'steal' the money from his backer again. The fact he won it back is pretty much irrelevant because if he didn't win it back, he'd be a further $991 in the hole and wouldn't be able to cough up.

The first time he did it, it was put down to a drunken mistake, he apologised profusely and gained the forgiveness of his backer. His backer isn't stupid. He stakes a ton of people so the risk of chips running off with a few quid again is tiny compared to the chance chips will bink another big score and he will get paid handsomely. I'd image if chips done a bunk with $30k, his backer could just wave it off out of the profit he already got paid.

It's fine pissing in demetri's bed. He'll probably keep backing you, but that won't last forever and once you need to go looking for another backer, a real job or whatever, your reputation is in bits so anyone that Google's your details will see these threads and it will be difficult for anyone to give you a role that require's any sort of trust. Demetri also seems like the sort of guy that wouldn't think twice about paying a couple of guys to break your legs. You fucked up big time here chips

Comment

Yea I think you pissed on your chips here tbh
                                                                                                      sorry couldnt resist

Comment

Originally posted by 4ofakind1489 View Post
                                                                                                        Yea I think you pissed on your chips here tbh
                                                                                                        sorry couldnt resist
                                                                                                        Not even remotely funny to be fair!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMINTHETOILET View Post
                                                                                                          Agreed. The shit jokes are beyond tilting. If your gonna try and have a laugh in a pretty serious thread, at less make sure it's funny. At least three god awful attempts thus far.

Comment

Where did chips1234 withdraw the money from, is it his own account?

Comment

Assuming it takes 2-3 days for withdrawn money to hit a bank account where it can be taken out as cash and spent how does one do this and spend it quickly without remembering how it was spent?
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                Assuming it takes 2-3 days for withdrawn money to hit a bank account where it can be taken out as cash and spent how does one do this and spend it quickly without remembering how it was spent?
                                                                                                                Ye beats me how you could possibly take 900 dollars of your poker account and have no idea how you spent it....

Comment

You need to quit drinking. It's not the end of the world. I say this as someone who came to this realization some years ago and just stopped. Ask yourself if you would have even dreamt of doing this sober? Face it. You can't handle it. Avoid pubs. Smoke spliff or whatever but never ever drink alcohol again.
                                                                                                                  Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    Well if what he says is true, but i'm a bit skeptical myself, he could easily withdraw to Skrill/Moneybookers and have it in his account within minutes, straight to an ATM machine and bobs your uncle!

What annoys me most is the ''black out drunk'' part. You still had the knowledge to go to stars, make the withdrawal, go to an ATM, remember your pin but yet you claim you were so drunk you cant even remember how you spent it! A lot of things just don't add up imo.
                                                                                                                    I guess its irrelevant how/why you did it but more the fact you did do it!

Best of luck getting it sorted but i think, as someone stated above, a break from the game may be best!

Comment

Originally posted by IMINTHETOILET View Post
                                                                                                                      Yea true, apologise

Comment

I assumed he spunked it on casino games on the poker client. Anyway it doesn't really matter. I was seriously surprised the first time and am quite surprised now because you always came across as a good person across the site. I was going to post earlier about giving up the drink but didn't in the end. It really has to be a big consideration for you considering your profession.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                          anyone who puts in volume like this deserves an odd slip off the rails;
                                                                                                                          A slip off the rails would be spewing a stack in dramatic fashion. This is theft. Just because it's poker doesn't change that.
                                                                                                                          If someone worked in a nightclub everynight and had a nightoff where they got severely drunk and took a couple hundred euro from the till would it be grand shur he works every other night?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Analogys for days

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X