All-in players cards exp[osed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-in players cards exp[osed.

Funny one happened in the club last night on the FT. 7 players left, and its folded to the player on the button. He was relatively short-stacked and shoved for 14 bb's. Both the sb and the bb have the button covered.
    The sb thinks for a few minutes, and announces fold, but whatever way he banged his cards down on the table (he did have a few beers in him but wasnt out of order), the buttons cards flipped over and bb got to see his hand. (the button did NOT turn over his own hand).

I got called to the table by the dealer for a ruling before the bb made his decision on whether to call or fold.

How would you rule here?

My ruling is action is on the big blind to call or fold even with the advantage of knowing the btn's cards .
    The btn is still responsible for his own cards and had he been using a card marker his cards would never have flipped over .

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
      Funny one happened in the club last night on the FT. 7 players left, and its folded to the player on the button. He was relatively short-stacked and shoved for 14 bb's. Both the sb and the bb have the button covered.
      The sb thinks for a few minutes, and announces fold, but whatever way he banged his cards down on the table (he did have a few beers in him but wasnt out of order), the buttons cards flipped over and bb got to see his hand. (the button did NOT turn over his own hand).

I got called to the table by the dealer for a ruling before the bb made his decision on whether to call or fold.

How would you rule here?
      Weird one. Don't think button should be penalised. It's the same as if sb folded, picked up the buttons cards and exposed them. Button is protected by his all in so his hand is live. Action on bb who can fold in which case button gets the blinds or he can call. No idea what the technical outcome is but If bb calls I think he must turn over his cards and the only fair outcome is for the button to have options back. Button can now fold and take back his chips leaving the blinds to the bb. Or button can call taking a race if its close.

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
        Weird one. Don't think button should be penalised. It's the same as if sb folded, picked up the buttons cards and exposed them. Button is protected by his all in so his hand is live. Action on bb who can fold in which case button gets the blinds or he can call. No idea what the technical outcome is but If bb calls I think he must turn over his cards and the only fair outcome is for the button to have options back. Button can now fold and take back his chips leaving the blinds to the bb. Or button can call taking a race if its close.
        Damo has it 100% right. Button doesn't get a penalty, but the had plays out as normal. Button has taken his action and shouldnt get to re assess his action. As damo says, if he protected his cards then they wouldnt flip over.

Hand stays face up, BB blind can call or fold.
        Possible to penalise the SB, even tho it was not out of order or deliberate what he did players have a responsibility to fold with due care to avoid this exact situation. A warning would be sufficient punishment if there is no reason to doubt his honesty.

Comment

how hard did SB smash his cards down?!?

Comment

Working...
          X