Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Poker Charter 2018

Date 5th December 2018

Bit late starting this but here goes, as most people know; I do a charity run Christmas Eve into the homeless in the City Centre for the last?? Years.
    We also help get presents for 400+ kids every year.

35% any winnings will be donated to charity, the charities benefiting (if any) is:

The Capuchin Day Centre, 29 Bow Street, Dublin 7. http://www.capuchindaycentre.ie

Crimbo Presents for under privileged kids.

Yearly Xmas eve run.

Big thanks to all the Poker Lads/Ladies who support this every year. As usual any money remaining from above will be passed onto the Capuchins.

M

Big thanks to the players who have made donations so far..

So 5 Tournaments Played and zero results, that’s bad even for me..

Gotta up my game or come up with a different strategy for raising funds..

As usual the option of "Working" for toys/donations has been enacted, Usual rules apply...

Toys:
    No guns or weapons’ (most of these kids have had bad experience’s)
    No Toys needing batteries (no funds to replace when wasted)
    No 2nd hand toys

Ages usually from 2-12 (ish)

Work:
    will do anything (within reason) , payment is in the form Toys(above)/Donations (cash or verified donation to Capuchins).

I can do:
    Repairs
    Data recovery
    Websites (Joomla or Wordpress)
    Google Adwords/analytics
    Ecommerce(small bit)
    Clean Dishes :-)

All funds raised with this charter goes to fund above , remainder (usually is) passed on to:

The Capuchin Day Centre, 29 Bow Street, Dublin 7. http://www.capuchindaycentre.ie

M

Comment

Originally posted by PokerCharter View Post
      Big thanks to the players who have made donations so far..

Gotta up my game or come up with a different strategy for raising funds..

As usual the option of "Working" for toys/donations has been enacted, Usual rules apply...

Toys:
      No guns or weapons’ (most of these kids have had bad experience’s)
      No Toys needing batteries (no funds to replace when wasted)
      No 2nd hand toys

Ages usually from 2-12 (ish)

Work:
      will do anything (within reason) , payment is in the form Toys(above)/Donations (cash or verified donation to Capuchins).

I can do:
      Repairs
      Data recovery
      Websites (Joomla or Wordpress)
      Google Adwords/analytics
      Ecommerce(small bit)
      Clean Dishes :-)

All funds raised with this charter goes to fund above , remainder (usually is) passed on to:

M
      2 more blanks.....

Time for a "Kick up the ASS" or a serious review!!!

M

Comment

Charter 2018 update

Well over 2 weeks into the official charter starting and it’s been a dismal failure in terms of generating funds for the charity, only 2 small cash’s one in the Fitz ; my worst run to date!!!

Cashes:

One in a local €30 Tournament in Airfield (mighty craic!! as the man says) so cashed/chopped for €290 -- Fund got €105.

2nd cash was the Fitz last night (19th Dec) €130 – Fund gets €130 (shit at maths too)…

Still few days left maybe after crimbo!! When the pressure is off I might redeem myself (maybe)…

Anyway the Charter is not about me it’s about the people who benefit from it.
        I always try remember a quote from Jesse Jackson:

“Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up”

We (me and you) contributed to over 400+ kids who WILL get a present this Christmas see below:

We (me and you) also dropped in a few quid (€300) in to the Capuchins yesterday see below:

It’s not all doom and gloom, I may be a sh1t poker player; but I have some generous “Friends” and the “work” for donations is also going well.. Which means the fund is still going well, as usual a full review will be done after Christmas; any Q’s feel free to pm me..

To everyone who supports this... Thanks M

Comment

Great stuff Myles.... well done 👍🏽

Comment

Final update on Charity run 2018.

Firstly Huge thanks for your support, we (us and you) helped over 400 children get presents from Santa. €300 was passed over to the Capuchin Homeless Centre on 19th Dec.

on Christmas Eve we distributed over €1,000+ directly to people sleeping rough in City Centre; along with the cash we also gave some gloves, fresh socks and cigarettes (went down really well, special thanks to the guys who donated these over last few months).

On Christmas morning we delivered Hot Breakfast Rolls and Tea to anyone we could find in doorways etc, Finally the surplus socks and gloves were passed over to the Capuchins on St Stephen’s day with the remaining cash €300.

BIG Thank You!!
            Happy New Year

Myles and Family

Comment

The year that was!!!

Another chapter closes on the Poker Charter; I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and big thanks for the support during the year that was…

Comment

Comment

Wow!!!! Hard to believe a Year gone by already....
                  Time rev up and …. Just kidding.

As the great "John Lennon" would say "Starting Over"
                  Put a lot of pressure on myself last year to perform and effected my performance (yes I know I look like a seal).
                  Anyway doing the same this year for the usual suspects, going to try take a more casual approach...

Still same objective....

Comment

Working...
                  X