Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider this an bad angle shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you consider this an bad angle shoot?

7 Handed 5 paid.

I'm in the SB with K2 offand 9bbs folded to me.
    BB is chippy and will defo call me light.

Average stack is about 10bigs so this wouldn't be a manitory shove especially vs this villain.

I look at the bb and he's holding his cards over the line out about to fold.
    I ship, he then checks his cards and sees an ace and calls.

So basically he just hadn't chked his cards.
    I was a little annoyed at the time but that could have been cause I busted.

Bad form or Friendly banter??

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
    7 Handed 5 paid.

Average stack is about 10bigs so this wouldn't be a manitory shove especially vs this villain.

Hes obv outplayed you

Comment

I don't look at my cards until it is my turn to act as I am a giant tell box.

He could be the same?

Comment

No he was defo feigning folding, holding them in the air over the line.

Comment

Defo not bad form. He's just balancing out the times he does it unconciously and gives away info.

Don't really know why he'd want you to shove into him without having looked at his cards though.
          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Haha Tom, It's obvious you were the Villain here. Nothing wrong in doing what you did. The term angle shooting is condemned and overused too much in my view, the game is about deception.

Comment

I wouldn't consider this a angleshoot. He gains no advantage telling you hes folding before it gets to him. I think he just wants you to sweat squeezing your cards. I'd look upon it as a reverse tell. If i was going to play on i'd give a little speech and shove it, if he calls i'd just say "i did it blind" lol .

Comment

7 Handed 5 paid.

Wouldn't mind it at all if it was you and I was in the SB..........anyone else id hate it.

Comment

Which of you do you think was angleshooting
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

7 Handed 5 paid.

I know one top player who does this 'reverse cast tell' thing all the time.

Not an angleshoot IMO.

Comment

I don't think it is an angle shoot at all.... I would also say you were the villian in this case and the other player threw some toys out of the pram...
                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

I wasn't the villain btw. Good reads though .

Villain's a gent too. Basically, whatever he did made me shove a little lighter (obv silly by me). I'd prob give this villain a walk in this situation around the bubble usually.

Comment

he owned u simple as biatch.
                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

No angle shoot imo

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                              I don't look at my cards until it is my turn to act as I am a giant tell box.

He could be the same?
                              I would do the same but wouldn't consider myself a giant tell box. If you are a huge tell box would it not make more sense to look at them earlier? You are looking at your cards for the first time and this is the only time that all players are looking at you. At least by the time this happens you will be able to compose yourself instead of looking down at AA and your eyes light up or whatever.

apologies if it's off the line of the thread.

Comment

Not an angle in the slightest bit.
                                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                  I would do the same but wouldn't consider myself a giant tell box. If you are a huge tell box would it not make more sense to look at them earlier? You are looking at your cards for the first time and this is the only time that all players are looking at you. At least by the time this happens you will be able to compose yourself instead of looking down at AA and your eyes light up or whatever.

apologies if it's off the line of the thread.
                                  I remember a while back, one of my first deep runs in a decent field, a 500 game in the se day 2. I was wearing shades and everything. I looked early and saw I had the oul aces. Mickste opens utg, i'm already jizzing, Rory Brown flats the button, i squeeze. Mick 4 bets all in with KJ.

If he only just looked close he would have seen that my shades were completely steamed up by the time action came to me.
                                  Now that's a tell.

Comment

I hope you hit a King or a Two ,

not an angle shoot imo
                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've fallen for similar, BB checked out of turn I shove, he showed up with Kings

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                        I've fallen for similar, BB checked out of turn I shove, he showed up with Kings
                                        thats so sick
                                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not an angle shoot in the slightest, you were just outplayed. And to be fair, its wasn't exactly advanced level stuff that he used to get one over on you.

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                          Anyone we know Nicky?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            Not an angle shoot in the slightest, you were just outplayed. And to be fair, its wasn't exactly advanced level stuff that he used to get one over on you.

Anyone we know Nicky?
                                            nah think It was like 3/4 years ago, local. I though it was good/funny but it was only a small game. Cheap lesson.

Comment

I remember a while back, one of my first deep runs in a decent field, a 500 game in the se day 2. I was wearing shades and everything. I looked early and saw I had the oul aces. Mickste opens utg, i'm already jizzing, Rory Brown flats the button, i squeeze. Mick 4 bets all in with KJ.

If he only just looked close he would have seen that my shades were completely steamed up by the time action came to me.
                                              Now that's a tell.
                                              I was sitting at the table during that hand and nearly fell off my chair laughing
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The dirty fecker , i'd be calling the floor to help him find his teeth.
                                                LOL , thats one of the more advanced play's for me.

Comment

No angleshoot. Reverse Telegraphing FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X