Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC/MMA betting thread.

As the MMA Ace this is something close to my heart

UFC 109 is on tonight here are the odds off Paddy Power.

Phillipe Nover 5/6 v Rob Emerson 5/6

Brian Stann 15/8 v Phil Davis 4/11

Tim Hague 6/4v Chris Tuchscherer 1/2

Rolles Gracie 1/7 v Joey Beltran 4/1

Mac Danzig 1/4v Justin Buchholz 5/2

Melvin Guillard 8/11v Ronnys Torres evens

Dan Miller 10/3v Demian Maia 2/11

Chael Sonnen 11/4v Nate Marquardt 2/9

Frank Trigg 5/4v Matt Serra 4/7

Mike Swick 4/9v Paulo Thiago 13/8

Randy Couture 1/5v Mark Coleman 3/1

The best value to be had is on Paulo Thiago at 13/8. Thiago has beaten Josh Koshcheck and the extremely tough newcomer Volkman. Thiago will win this handy IMO. I think if he wins this he will be the number 1 contender to the belt.

The favourites are favourites for a reason though, but Thiago should be overwhelming favourite for this, a bet on Thiago is robbing from Paddy Power IMO.

Mark Coleman is great odds for a small bet. He will more than likely lose but he has ferocious ground and pound and has shown a lot of heart since his return.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by MMA Ace View Post
      The best value to be had is on Paulo Thiago at 13/8. Thiago has beaten Josh Koshcheck and the extremely tough newcomer Volkman. Thiago will win this handy IMO. I think if he wins this he will be the number 1 contender to the belt.

The favourites are favourites for a reason though, but Thiago should be overwhelming favourite for this, a bet on Thiago is robbing from Paddy Power IMO.

Mark Coleman is great odds for a small bet. He will more than likely lose but he has ferocious ground and pound and has shown a lot of heart since his return.

Thoughts?
      Good shout on this. Gracie losing was a bit of a shock but nothing out of the ordinary on the rest of the card

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Good shout on this. Gracie losing was a bit of a shock but nothing out of the ordinary on the rest of the card
        I'd place Thiago on the same level as Alves and Fitch as the UFC's top welterweights after GSP. I'm not sure how he would do against the fighters I mentioned, but he is certainly better than anyone else in the UFC welterweight division as proved by his beating Koscheck and Swick last night. Gracie losing was a surprise, but you have to be able to strike and wrestle to succeed in mixed martial arts, having just Jiu-Jitsu gets you nowhere these days.

Sonnen was the biggest shock of the night IMO. He was 11-4 and would have been a good return had someone bet on him. He is a tough cookie and has beaten 2 top 10 middleweights in his last 2 fights.

I'll post my MMA predictions in this thread. If anyone wants to win some money, follow my advice

Comment

Koshcheck is still next in line after Hardy, Thiago is probably number 3

I'll post my MMA predictions in this thread. If anyone wants to win some money, follow my advice
          To be fair you just copied some of my picks form the other MMA thread

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Light Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman

Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago

Thiago here by submission Ship ship

Welterweight bout: Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg
          Although, Nover and Torres didn't come up. I still think they were value above evens

Comment

To be fair you just copied some of my picks form the other MMA thread

Although, Nover and Torres didn't come up. I still think they were value above evens
            I copied nothing, I did not post or see that thread till you linked it just there. I know Koscheck is next in line for a title shot but Kos is not a top WW in the scheme of things, Jon Fitch, Paulo Thiago and Thiago Alves are one or 2 levels ahead of everyone, while at the same time being 2 or 3 levels behind GSP.

I did not copy your picks, its just that great minds think alike

Comment

I know Koscheck is next in line for a title shot
              Although this might happen because Kos has a name, i seriously disagree with Kos getting a shot. St Pierre has already beaten him convincingly, the fight wasn't even close.

Plus Thiago gave Kos a smashing too.

What i think is Thiago will rematch Kos for a shot. But if there NEEDS to be a challenger to St Pierre in the meantime, why not give the UNDOUBTED No.2 WW in the world, Jon Fitch, another shot?

Yes, he got smashed by St.Pierre too, but at least he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrStuffins View Post
                Although this might happen because Kos has a name, i seriously disagree with Kos getting a shot. St Pierre has already beaten him convincingly, the fight wasn't even close.

What i think is Thiago will rematch Kos for a shot. But if there NEEDS to be a challenger to St Pierre in the meantime, why not give the UNDOUBTED No.2 WW in the world, Jon Fitch, another shot?

I would agree with your sentiments. Koscheck is certainly undeserving but he is a popular fighter and has a name after being on TUF. It is generally how the UFC works, they give the popular fighters that create headlines and media spin the shot. Fitch had to win 9 in a row before getting his shot.

It would not surprise me if Couture got the next title shot after Shogun/Machida fight and then after that it would be the winner of Tito/Liddell. Its about selling PPV's, but the deserving fighters will eventually get the title shot. They just have to keep winning.

Comment

I would agree with your sentiments. Koscheck is certainly undeserving but he is a popular fighter and has a name after being on TUF. It is generally how the UFC works, they give the popular fighters that create headlines and media spin the shot. Fitch had to win 9 in a row before getting his shot.

It would not surprise me if Couture got the next title shot after Shogun/Machida fight and then after that it would be the winner of Tito/Liddell. Its about selling PPV's, but the deserving fighters will eventually get the title shot. They just have to keep winning.
                  I think the winner of Rampage v Rashad will get the next shot, ESPECIALLY if the winner is Rampage! UFC have invested heavily in getting people excited for that fight so i reckont hats the way they'll go.

if not, it's definately gonna be Randy, if for no other reason that Dana will be able to smell the money from the PPV buys!

Comment

I copied nothing, I did not post or see that thread till you linked it just there.
                    sure, like MMA ACE didn't see he MMA thread.....

I'm just kidding, Thiago was a obvious pick for any fans of the sport. He really dominated the octagon again.

I disagree with a lot of this. He fought GSP in '07, and it wasn't for the belt. His loss to Pailo was a year ago, and he has had wins over guys at the top in the mean time. (Trigg Johnson)

He hasn't ever got a title shot. He deserves at least a shot.

Anyway, his next fight is UFC 113, not a title shot. He may well lose his No.2 spot before the next title shot.

I really don't think Couture is clsoe to a shot. It would sell PPVs. but the fans would see through it. Randy seams to be a pretty ercent guy and I imagine he knows he isn't at the top anymore. He isn't even top 5

Comment

I disagree with a lot of this. He fought GSP in '07, and it wasn't for the belt. His loss to Pailo was a year ago, and he has had wins over guys at the top in the mean time. (Trigg Johnson)

He hasn't ever got a title shot. He deserves at least a shot.

Anyway, his next fight is UFC 113, not a title shot. He may well lose his No.2 spot before the next title shot.
                      I never said it was a title shot, the fact of the matter is he got completely dominated by the guy who is now champion.

Also, your arguement that he has had wins over guys at "the top" holds no water. Frank Trigg has never been a top level guy EVER! He's been 2nd tier at best. (A record of 2-5 in the UFC says that)

And Anthony Johnson, although athletic and having potential, isn't a top guy either. He's never even fought a top guy bar Kos.

Jon Fitch has a 12-1 record in the UFC. He's EASILY the No.2 guy in the world, but GSP is just so much better.

Comment

Some good stuff being posted. Will it be Mellor, MrStuffins and myself posting all the time about MMA? Hopefully we can get some fresh blood in

Comment

I never said it was a title shot, the fact of the matter is he got completely dominated by the guy who is now champion.

Also, your arguement that he has had wins over guys at "the top" holds no water. Frank Trigg has never been a top level guy EVER! He's been 2nd tier at best. (A record of 2-5 in the UFC says that)

And Anthony Johnson, although athletic and having potential, isn't a top guy either. He's never even fought a top guy bar Kos.

Jon Fitch has a 12-1 record in the UFC. He's EASILY the No.2 guy in the world, but GSP is just so much better.
                          Fair enough on Johnson, he was never No.1 contenders or anything, but he is the kind of guy you have to keep down if you are going to stay st the top.

And basing the guys rating on his record alone is silly, inside the UFC or otherwise. Trigg has a few losses at 170, but look who he fought GSP, Huges, Sera. Including two title shots. to say he wasn't a top level guy is dismissive.

Fitch is top level, I don't disagree. But he got one of the recent shots. He'll have to wait. If anything, Hardy go a rushed title fight. But he has been pretty impressive.

There are a few WW fights lined up over the next few cards. He next contender will emerge out of them. I think Koscheck will get snubbed. Judging by the fact that he is fighting Paul Daley next.
                          Alves and Fitch are both good enough for another shot, I imagine only the winner of the two will get one though.

imo, it'll be;
                          Hardy,
                          P. Thiago
                          Fitch/Alves

But that'll take a year or so

Comment

Some good stuff being posted. Will it be Mellor, MrStuffins and myself posting all the time about MMA? Hopefully we can get some fresh blood in
                            Flushdraw and KillMe (under a new name, TomD I think) are probably lurking too

Comment

Hello fucktards!! A decent night of fight which is is a happy change from recent UFC shows. I was delighted to see wins for Maia and Serra. The Thiago arm triangle was a thing of beauty.

Only two weeks until Big Nog shows how overrated Velsaquez is.

PS: Joe Rogan is a ballbag.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                Only two weeks until Big Nog shows how overrated Velsaquez is.

PS: Joe Rogan is a ballbag.
                                Cannot fucking wait for 110, best card since 100 imo. Hopefully i'll have a good trip report monday two weeks.

What did Rogan do? I was in the pub for it so I missed a lot of the commentary and interview stuff.

Tito is still a clown,

Comment

Cannot fucking wait for 110, best card since 100 imo. Hopefully i'll have a good trip report monday two weeks.

What did Rogan do? I was in the pub for it so I missed a lot of the commentary and interview stuff.

Tito is still a clown,
                                  Usual Rubber guard bullshit

The extra twist and hips down puts Mike to sleep quick (see what i did there!)

Bring your camera and get a pic of Wandy.

Should i spoiler the above?

Comment

Was a great choke alright,
                                    Hopefuly i'll get a pass to the weigh-ins. Should be a few guys around for autographs.
                                    No need to spoiler, anyone that cares already knows, or at least should be reading in here.

Comment

Oh!!

I completely forgot about Daley.

Daley's been knocking guys out in exciting fashion AND he's British!

Don't be surprised to see him next up for a shot if he KO's Kos!

BTW, Rogan was mentioning Dan Miller's killer guillotine in the IFL. If nobody has seen it, check this puppy out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Gmn3YDxJo[/ame]

Comment

Wasnt a great card by any stretch but good to see Thiago do his thing and the bookies were way off on him and Sonnen (had a score double on them).

Ilike coleman bt he needs to pack it in before he gets hurt imagine the beating he would have taken against a fully fit and focused shogun. The headline fight worried me and i hope dana doesnt go the boxing route of overselling mismatches as legit fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                          Wasnt a great card by any stretch but good to see Thiago do his thing and the bookies were way off on him and Sonnen (had a score double on them).
                                          God, I really love after-timing. That's one thing we need more of around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post

Ilike coleman bt he needs to pack it in before he gets hurt imagine the beating he would have taken against a fully fit and focused shogun. The headline fight worried me and i hope dana doesnt go the boxing route of overselling mismatches as legit fights.
                                            Disagreed, i thought it was a very good card!

Comment

Found it really hard to watch the main event at 109.

Coleman looked his age imo. He made Randy look like a world beater. The man should pack it in and just be proud of what hes achieved.

Can't wait for ufc110.

The card is stacked and I'll be lumping on this just to add to the excitement cuase its actually one of the harder cards to call imo.

The one piece of value I do see is George Sotiropoulos at 2/1 -v- Joe Stevenson. The man has sick jitz and he will have the crowd behind him. He is certainly not a cert against Stevenson who has been putting in some good performances of late but 2/1 is defo value here I think.

Will have to study the card harder in the next week and a half to see if I can find any other edge but I suppose Rothwell at 5/4 to beat crocop is not a bad bet. A little bit of me dies everytime I see crocop nowadays in the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
                                                Found it really hard to watch the main event at 109.

Coleman looked his age imo. He made Randy look like a world beater. The man should pack it in and just be proud of what hes achieved.

Can't wait for ufc110.

The card is stacked and I'll be lumping on this just to add to the excitement cuase its actually one of the harder cards to call imo.

The one piece of value I do see is George Sotiropoulos at 2/1 -v- Joe Stevenson. The man has sick jitz and he will have the crowd behind him. He is certainly not a cert against Stevenson who has been putting in some good performances of late but 2/1 is defo value here I think.

Will have to study the card harder in the next week and a half to see if I can find any other edge but I suppose Rothwell at 5/4 to beat crocop is not a bad bet. A little bit of me dies everytime I see crocop nowadays in the cage.
                                                DW said Sat night was probably Coleman's last fight in the UFC. I thought his return to the UFC was a mistake in the first place and it really showed!

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post

I completely disagree.
                                                  He is average for the division imo and his record looks good. But he has only fought a bunch of no TUF rejects.
                                                  I also don't think the crowd will be make a huge difference. I'm expecting a very international set of fans to show up.

Joe Daddy on the other hand as had recent losses at 155. But to the champ and last top no1 contenders. If you do back George, might as well include win and submission
                                                  DW said Sat night was probably Coleman's last fight in the UFC. I thought his return to the UFC was a mistake in the first place and it really showed!
                                                  That wasn't his return, He return was 93, and was a much better performance. Or at least, not 100% from Shogun.
                                                  Randy, the older fighter, look leagues better. Coleman to stay on in some nonsense role or drop out of the UFC and fight Dan Severn type events
                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 09-02-10, 00:37.

Comment

That wasn't his return, He return was 93, and was a much better performance. Or at least, not 100% from Shogun.
                                                    Randy, the older fighter, look leagues better. Coleman to stay on in some nonsense role or drop out of the UFC and fight Dan Severn type events
                                                    I know Saturday wasnt his return, i was at 93 when he fought Shogun.

I was just making the point that when his comeback was announced, i thought it was a mistake.

Comment

I disagree. He beat Stephan Bonnar and showed he still has the heart of a champion, even though he is no longer a top guy he can still beat modern MMA fighters in the top promotion with his skills.

Comment

I disagree. He beat Stephan Bonnar and showed he still has the heart of a champion, even though he is no longer a top guy he can still beat modern MMA fighters in the top promotion with his skills.
                                                        I understand, but the game has passed him by if you ask me. And had passed him by the night they announced he was coming back.

He looked a shell of a fighter on Saturday night. It was uncomfortable to watch.

Comment

I completely disagree.
                                                          He is average for the division imo and his record looks good. But he has only fought a bunch of no TUF rejects.
                                                          I also don't think the crowd will be make a huge difference. I'm expecting a very international set of fans to show up.

Joe Daddy on the other hand as had recent losses at 155. But to the champ and last top no1 contenders. If you do back George, might as well include win and submission
                                                          +1

Stirawhathisface is not value. Joe Daddy is an amazing wrestler and also a BJJ black belt. his striking has really come along, he may not be at the top level of Kenflo, Diego or Bj but who is. He'll eat Stirawhatshisface for breakfast.

Bader against Jardine will be very interesting and should be quite close in the betting, my money would be firmly on the Dean. The Crocop Rothwell fight is also very interesting because they are both under immense pressure to win/perform but Crocop should win this one. On the undercard Bonnar really needs a win.

I'm not gonna talk about Wandy or Big Nog because i'm already too excited about theses fights.

Comment

I know Saturday wasnt his return, i was at 93 when he fought Shogun.

I was just making the point that when his comeback was announced, i thought it was a mistake.
                                                            When it was announced I did too. I was referring more to the fact you said it showed. I don't think that it did and until 109 he look like he still had it (or had something close to it)

Comment

? What modern MMA fighter has he beaten. He has gotten too much credit for his display against Shogun. I would not considered Bonnar a modern MMA fighter when compared with the better guys in the 205 division.

I understand, but the game has passed him by if you ask me. And had passed him by the night they announced he was coming back.

He looked a shell of a fighter on Saturday night. It was uncomfortable to watch.
                                                              +1 Nobody wants to see him get hurt which will happen if he continues. He's too slow for LHW. Please retire Mark, thanks for the memories and especially the Smashing Machine.

Comment

When it was announced I did too. I was referring more to the fact you said it showed. I don't think that it did and until 109 he look like he still had it (or had something close to it)
                                                                To me, it didnt look like he had "it", it looked like he had heart. But heart can only get you so far!

But they've made some strange decisions regarding fighters lately. Baroni? Hallman? And to a lesser extent Trigg (also, a few people think Buentello was a strange decision but i like him).

Comment

Shogun made him look alot better than he was due to poor cardio and a manflu.

Comment

Shogun made him look alot better than he was due to poor cardio and a manflu.
                                                                    Yeah, thats most likely. As I said Shogun was never 100%. The Shogun from the Machida fight would of seriously injuried Coleman. I was jsut pointing out he surprized me in that fight, but that was probably his last stand and should of bowed out after the Bonnar Match at UFC 100, he hasn't got a place in UFC main events. And the UFC has no place for exhibitions matches.

Comment

What does everyone think of WEC going PPV for WEC 48?

I gotta say, WEC deliver every single time, i can't remember a WEC that wasnt thrilling. And looking at the announced fights they're pulling out all the stops!

but i think it might be slightly too early for a PPV. But i understand them testing the waters!

Comment

? What modern MMA fighter has he beaten. He has gotten too much credit for his display against Shogun. I would not considered Bonnar a modern MMA fighter when compared with the better guys in the 205 division.
                                                                        Bonner has beaten the likes of Jardine, Irvin and ran Forrest Griffin close. By no means is he bottom of the LHW food chain making Colemans win an impressive feat at his age.

+1 Nobody wants to see him get hurt which will happen if he continues. He's too slow for LHW. Please retire Mark, thanks for the memories and especially the Smashing Machine.
                                                                        I'd like to see him retire too. I believe he probably could get wins in the UFC against lower roster fighters but that is not Mark Coleman. He is a big guy, he is a main card fighter, he has won 2 UFC tournaments, the UFC HW title and the 2000 Pride GP. He cannot fight that high anymore and should retire on a high, even though he lost, getting out of the first round with a legend such as Randy is an ok achievement.

Comment

What does everyone think of WEC going PPV for WEC 48?

I gotta say, WEC deliver every single time, i can't remember a WEC that wasnt thrilling. And looking at the announced fights they're pulling out all the stops!

but i think it might be slightly too early for a PPV. But i understand them testing the waters!
                                                                          It will defnitely be their best card and WEC events are always top notch. The WEC doesnt have much exposure ouside of real MMA fans and i dont think PPV will succeed for them unless it is labelled UFC WEC which its not.

With regards to the card, Mike Brown will make short work of Manny, hopefully Faber wins the title (potententially he could do for WEC what Tito did for UFC) and i pray to god that Cerrone beats Henderson.

Comment

Bonner has beaten the likes of Jardine, Irvin and ran Forrest Griffin close. By no means is he bottom of the LHW food chain making Colemans win an impressive feat at his age.
                                                                            Bonnar is a closer to the bottom than he is to the top.

Jardine ability has been touch and go for the last few years.
                                                                            Irvin has never looked like amounting to much.
                                                                            As for Bonnar running Griffin close. You're right he did, in TUF. While good, he was hardly the top flight Griffin that won the LHW title. Forrest dominated the rematch the following year (despite Bonnar testing positive for steriods after the fight)

I've nothing against the guy, but he loss to Forrest was so far the high point of his career.
                                                                            Forest has gone on to be one of the most likable and marketable fighters in the UFC.
                                                                            Bonnar is apparently there is test guys leaving the TUF.

Comment

#39
                                                                              God, I really love after-timing. That's one thing we need more of around here.
                                                                              not as much as we need smartass comments....

Comment

#40
                                                                                UFC 110 in 10 days.

Main Card

* Heavyweight Bout: Brazil Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. United States Cain Velasquez
                                                                                * Middleweight Bout: Brazil Wanderlei Silva vs. England Michael Bisping
                                                                                * Lightweight Bout: United States Joe Stevenson vs. Australia George Sotiropoulos
                                                                                * Light Heavyweight Bout: United States Keith Jardine vs. United States Ryan Bader
                                                                                * Heavyweight Bout: Croatia Mirko Filipović vs. United States Ben Rothwell

Preliminary Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Australia Elvis Sinosic vs. Australia Chris Haseman
                                                                                * Light Heavyweight Bout: United States Stephan Bonnar vs. Poland Krzysztof Soszynski
                                                                                * Welterweight Bout: United States Chris Lytle vs. United States Brian Foster
                                                                                * Middleweight Bout: United States C.B. Dollaway vs. Croatia Goran Reljic
                                                                                * Light Heavyweight Bout: Australia James Te-Huna vs. Croatia Igor Pokrajac

I'll put up odds as soon as I find some. Sinosic/Haseman is a strange one. Sinosic has not fought in 3 years and Haseman has fought 1 fight in 6 years. The 2 fought before and Haseman won, that was 13 years ago. I think Sinosic will win, even though he has a losing record he has fought some good fighters and gone the distance with some.

As for the other fights I think Soszynski would be a good value bet. I'll need to think for a while on the other fights.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Paddy Power has odds up for the main card;

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 4/5 v Cain Velasquez 10/11

Ben Rothwell 5/4 v Mirko Filipovic 4/7

Michael Bisping 6/5 v Wanderlei Silva 8/13

George Sotiropoulos 2/1 v Joe Stevenson 1/3

Keith Jardine 6/5 v Ryan Bader 8/13

I'd say the winners will be Nog, Bisping, Rothwell, Joe Daddy and Bader

The Sinosic/Haseman fight is there purely as a warm-up. and to get the QLD vs NSW thing going with the crowd. Haseman was never much use, and I expect Sinosic to win easily. Some mispriced fights there imo.

Betfair markets won't be busy until a day before the off.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Looks like Martin K got attacked by a shark!

*Beware, this is a nasty photo!

SPOILER
                                                                                    Last edited by MrStuffins; 11-02-10, 21:10.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Anderson Silva will be facing Damien Maia in Abu Dhabi instead of Vitor Belfort. Result wont change, Silva to win.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Anderson Silva will be facing Damien Maia in Abu Dhabi instead of Vitor Belfort. Result wont change, Silva to win.
                                                                                        but the odds will

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Silva vs Maia

So pissed off that Vitor got injured.

The Thales Leites fight springs to mind when i think about this fight. Silva determined where this fight would take place and wanted nothing to do with Leites on the ground, he'll do exactly the same to Maia. Maia would eat him alive on the ground but Silva being a smart cookie wont let it go their. Maia's striking has gotten so much better recently but Silva is light years ahead of him. The problem standing up is that both are counter strikers and this could be a very boring fight. Maia doesnt present a risk on the feet because although his hands are quick and accurate, he doesnt have knockout power.

I think we are looking at an easy 2nd round KO win for Silva. Unfortunately.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            The betfair market is shit on UFC still.
                                                                                            I have a price order in on Nog and joe daddy

Comment

#47
                                                                                              So, my bets and predictions;

Main Card

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
                                                                                              Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
                                                                                              Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
                                                                                              Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
                                                                                              Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell

I've 20euro each on the above, waiting to be match

Preliminary Card

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
                                                                                              Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski

I think these two will win, but i've no cash on them as the prelim betfair market is pretty poor

Comment

#48

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
                                                                                                Was expecting to see Elvis take another whipping before i saw his opponent.

Had never heard of him so looked him up, he has a win over Elvis from years back and Wiki has it listed as

Submission (Chin to the Eye)
                                                                                                LOL!!!

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Teah, he got him in a ass backward choke and basically pressed his chin into his face,
                                                                                                  They are both shite, Elvis is probably in some sort of shape. I expect it to be a 3 round ground and grind.
                                                                                                  Elvis by unamious.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Teah, he got him in a ass backward choke and basically pressed his chin into his face,
                                                                                                    They are both shite, Elvis is probably in some sort of shape. I expect it to be a 3 round ground and grind.
                                                                                                    Elvis by unamious.
                                                                                                    The chap's fight just before the Elvis win was by the same method. So weird!

Its funny, i've been going back over all the UFCs from 1 onwards. I'm on UFN 4 now. UFC 57 had Elvis v Sakara and it was such a bad beatdown!

Elvis seems like a nice guy, i hated watching him get smashed and i'd love to se ehim win in Oz.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Its funny, i've been going back over all the UFCs from 1 onwards. I'm on UFN 4 now. UFC 57 had Elvis v Sakara and it was such a bad beatdown!
                                                                                                      Seriously don't bother. They were terrible fights, unedited shows and painful to watch. commentators know nothing about the sport. and the rules are a joke.
                                                                                                      Allowing low-blows and hairpulling is ridic.

Jump forward to where that stopped the tourney format

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Seriously don't bother. They were terrible fights, unedited shows and painful to watch. commentators know nothing about the sport. and the rules are a joke.

Nah, i started watchin in 2001 i think, before the Royal Albert Hall show.

I got the entire collection, so started again at 1 and i'm watchin them in sequence just coz i thought it'd be interesting (and i have them all on my iPod for when i'm commuting, so they're overlapping already. I'm on UFN 4 which is 2006, the launch of TUF 3.

You actually forget how good some guys were.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Nah, i started watchin in 2001 i think, before the Royal Albert Hall show.

I got the entire collection, so started again at 1 and i'm watchin them in sequence just coz i thought it'd be interesting (and i have them all on my iPod for when i'm commuting, so they're overlapping already. I'm on UFN 4 which is 2006, the launch of TUF 3.

You actually forget how good some guys were.
                                                                                                          ah right, that makes sense.

I rented out a few of the early shows, and i've said never again. They are just so bad.

I'd love to have them in MP4 format for the bus and train, must look into that

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            ah right, that makes sense.

I rented out a few of the early shows, and i've said never again. They are just so bad.

I'd love to have them in MP4 format for the bus and train, must look into that
                                                                                                            Shoot me a PM if you don't know where to find them.

Comment

#55

There are some excellent fights in the early UFC's. Marco Ruas tournament win in UFC 7 and Couture vs Belfort in UFC 15.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                There are some excellent fights in the early UFC's. Marco Ruas tournament win in UFC 7 and Couture vs Belfort in UFC 15.
                                                                                                                There are single good fights out of all events, but the standard of whole events are poor.

UFC 8 was a joke, all match ups were a huge guy verses a little gut. 200lbs vrs 350lbs Was one or two. That's circus stuff.

Plus the production of events was terrible. THe shows are recorded directly, with no editing. so if a fight ends early, the ringside commentators try to fill 20 misn with talking. Which is painful as they don't really have a clue at that stage.

Anyway, back to 110.
                                                                                                                Bisping (2.24) and Nog (2.0) matched
                                                                                                                Any takers for Joe Daddy (1.5), Rothwell (2.2) or Bader (1.75) all up on betfair, current best lay prices I think

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Remember how we were saying how atrocious Wes Sims was? Check this out:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17969/ohio...ine-mma-iv.mma

The Ohio Athletic Commission has turned down a proposed heavyweight bout between former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (25-6) and "The Ultimate Fighter 10" alumnus Wes Sims (22-13-1) at the as-yet-unnanounced "Adrenaline MMA V" event on March 20 in Youngstown, Ohio.

Ohio Athletic Commission executive director Bernie Profato ruled the bout "non-competitive" and informed Adrenaline promoter Monte Cox that it would not be sanctioned.

Cox confirmed the change when contacted by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

On Tuesday afternoon, Sylvia tweeted that Sims was the likely opponent for the March 20 show, but Profato later explained to MMAjunkie.com the reasoning behind the commission's decision.

"The commission felt the fight was not going to be competitive at this time after comparing [Sims' and Sylvia's] records and the opponents both fighters had faced," Profato stated in an email response. "And even though it was 2004, Sylvia previously stopped Sims at 1:36 of the first round."

The two fighters have shared a mutual disdain since they first fought the December 2004 contest Profato referenced. The two jawed in the lead-up to the fight, held in Honolulu, Hawaii, at Superbrawl 38, which saw the former UFC champion Sylvia pound Sims into submission in the first round after Sims hurt his shoulder.

Since then, their careers have diverged sharply. Sylvia regained his heavyweight championship at UFC 59 and lost it 11 months later, while Sims scraped out a living in regional shows. They eventually met the same fate as popular heels in the MMA community.

Sims found the limelight once again in 2009 when he talked his way onto the 10th season of "The Ultimate Fighter." He gained a quick reputation as the show's class clown and was choked unconscious by Justin Wren in the preliminary round of the show's tournament. He recently fought Bobby Lashley as a last-minute fill-in at "Strikeforce: Miami" and was stopped in the first round.

Sylvia, meanwhile, recently returned to the win column this past August when he defeated Jason Riley with strikes at "Adrenaline MMA IV." Prior to that, he dropped his third straight bout when former boxing champion Ray Mercer knocked him out in nine seconds at "Adrenaline MMA III."

Cox said the two heavyweights would likely remain on the card, with Sylvia meeting three-time UFC veteran and Hammer House product Branden Lee Hinkle, while Sims is now slotted against "The Ultimate Fighter 2" cast member Kerry Schall (22-11). Profato said Hinkle has already been approved.

"Brandon Lee Hinkle has been approved," Profato stated. "He has faced tougher opponents and is also a professional boxer. In Hinkle's last fight, he went four rounds with a 20-2 Chris Tuchscherer, who just earned a victory at UFC 109."

Following the break-up of M-1 Global's American wing in 2008, promoter Cox formed Adrenaline MMA and has focused on Midwest-based talent.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Good old Bobby Lashley; that man took my Fantasy WWE team to the top of the Cork league back in the day...
                                                                                                                    Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
                                                                                                                      Good old Bobby Lashley; that man took my Fantasy WWE team to the top of the Cork league back in the day...
                                                                                                                      Yeah, in the other thread we were saying how bad Lashley is at this stage but putting him in against Wes Sims was like putting him against a training dummy.

He's terrible!

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        I always reasoned he went to UFC since they'd pay him silly money while they got the wrassling fanbase to tune in to a real fight; the same way Brock Lesnar worked for them.
                                                                                                                        Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X