Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings

Old 08-01-14, 12:33   #1
pppspecial

JPs Christas Cracker ruling.

Blinds 150 300 I'm SB. Folded to the button who limps. I look at my hand place a chip on cards grab a single 1k chip and place it into the sb taking back just the 2x 25 chips leaving the 100 chip alongside the 1k chip without saying a word using the one arm. The Dealer deemed it to be a call instead off a raise and a ruling was called..... who deemed it a raise. So was all good.

A few minutes later JP came over the table and said this was the wrong ruling that it should off been a call because it was one chip used.

OPINIONS..

BTW not looking to flame or annoy anyone here JP is by far one off the best TDs in Ireland.

Its clearly 2 actions here and since 2005 I have been playing this way live only to be told im doing it all wrong nearly nine years on.

Dont want to make this mistake again if it is my fault.
pppspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 12:38   #2
brady23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppspecial View Post
Blinds 150 300 I'm SB. Folded to the button who limps. I look at my hand place a chip on cards grab a single 1k chip and place it into the sb taking back just the 2x 25 chips leaving the 100 chip alongside the 1k chip without saying a word using the one arm. The Dealer deemed it to be a call instead off a raise and a ruling was called..... who deemed it a raise. So was all good.

A few minutes later JP came over the table and said this was the wrong ruling that it should off been a call because it was one chip used.

OPINIONS..

BTW not looking to flame or annoy anyone here JP is by far one off the best TDs in Ireland.

Its clearly 2 actions here and since 2005 I have been playing this way live only to be told im doing it all wrong nearly nine years on.

Dont want to make this mistake again if it is my fault.
Without googling the exact rule, my general feeling would be a call if you took back the sb. If you tossed 1k out on top, should be deemed a raise. Again just a practical assessment, rules may technically state something else.
brady23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 12:40   #3
pppspecial

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady23 View Post
Without googling the exact rule, my general feeling would be a call if you took back the sb. If you tossed 1k out on top, should be deemed a raise. Again just a practical assessment, rules may technically state something else.
I left the 100 chip and the extra 1k chip out. Just withdrawing the 50 chips .x2 25
Old 08-01-14, 12:44   #4
pppspecial

It was meant to be a raise to 1100. You dont have to talk at any point in poker.

I understand the rule regarding the single chip tossed without saying anything is a call but throwing 2 is a raise.
Old 08-01-14, 12:51   #5
Wesley Harms
GOAT

It's not one chip, it's clearly two chips, the 100 plus the 1k. 100% raise
Wesley Harms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 13:22   #6
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

I would take the 1k on top of the 100 chip as a raise to 1100.

1k chip on its own with the 150 taken back = call.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 12:43   #7
Arazi

I'd like to see the rule used to make that a call. To me it's a raise.
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 28-01-14, 13:09   #8
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

from EPT Deauville

Manig Loeser ‏@swordfish007 29s
Witnessed 4 situations so far where it was unclear whether one chip was a raise or a call and Floorman got called (only once by me)

Manig Loeser ‏@swordfish007 39s
Even though I understand & accept the 'new rule' it just leaves way too much room for angle-shooting considering we're in France.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 20:26   #9
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
In this case it's quite obvious what Daves intention was.
Just reading this now, and the only that is clear is that nothing is clear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
If someone changes the action by raising they get there option back. Change the action does not include calling or checking.. Standard rule for a while.
This is a good rule as it enforces maximum punishment on the early mover. If you want to bluff all in in-adavnce then you still can as he gets all his options back. if you want him to get chips in you can just call, see his raise and then re-raise, or you can fold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
Unfortunately it would seem at every stage.
But it is fair because the rules are the same for everyone.
Goodluck2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings