All-in with no cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-in with no cards

This happened at the Fitzwilliam end of month tournament last night.

I had 1100. I was big blind next (500/1000 ante 100) so before the hand was dealt the dealer told me I was all-in and had exactly enough for the ante and big blind. So I stood up and put on my jacket as he dealt. I looked down and saw that he had not dealt any cards to me. Before the other players acted I asked the dealer where were my cards. He said he hadn't dealt to me as I had stood up. Joe O'Donnell who was UTG said if action had taken place I would be playing the board. When the hand was re-dealt I won the hand.

Could I have been eliminated without getting a hand dealt?

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
    This happened at the Fitzwilliam end of month tournament last night.

I had 1100. I was big blind next (500/1000 ante 100) so before the hand was dealt the dealer told me I was all-in and had exactly enough for the ante and big blind. So I stood up and put on my jacket as he dealt. I looked down and saw that he had not dealt any cards to me. Before the other players acted I asked the dealer where were my cards. He said he hadn't dealt to me as I had stood up.
    What he probably meant was he had mistakenly dealt you out as he'd seen an empty seat.

Joe O'Donnell who was UTG said if action had taken place I would be playing the board... Could I have been eliminated without getting a hand dealt?
    I can't believe this would ever be the case when a player has received no cards. Surely any action would be cancelled and the hand redealt?

Comment

I always thought the rule was to deal all players in regardless if they are at the table or not and THEN muck their hand. It's not a cash game. Pretty sure I'd kick up a big fuss. Poor dealing too by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
        I always thought the rule was to deal all players in regardless if they are at the table or not and THEN muck their hand.
        Correct, and I'm sure this dealer is aware of this. In this instance I believe he simply skipped a seat which has no player, a not too uncommon mistake compounded by the fact that this empty seat had no stack (his chips were in the middle.)

The important question asked by OP is could he be eliminated without being dealt a card. I don't believe he would; as soon as the dealer is (made) aware of his mistake, any action(s) would be returned to the player(s) and the hand redealt.

Comment

call the TD, if hand was not reset turn the table over. Simples.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
            What he probably meant was he had mistakenly dealt you out as he'd seen an empty seat.
            Originally posted by Morihei View Post
            Correct, and I'm sure this dealer is aware of this. In this instance I believe he simply skipped a seat which has no player, a not too uncommon mistake compounded by the fact that this empty seat had no stack (his chips were in the middle.)
            Thanks for the replies guys.
            On the all-in I was standing at my seat so think he did not see an empty seat. My 1000 chip was in front of me just over the line. I looked down to see two cards to my left and two cards to my right just as the dealer was putting out the last few cards.

This was the fourth misfire imo by that dealer last night.
            (1) He called a string bet on me when I dropped 600 on the table, four chips hit followed by the other two an inch or so later. He said he would let it go this time. I disagreed.
            (2) He dealt a flop. Check, check, I bet 1200. Call. While we were waiting for the other player (B) to act but the dealer dealt the turn. Floor called.
            (3) Player (B) called a 1475 bet putting out 1500. Dealer didn't give change. Had to be asked.
            (4) Then the no cards all-in situation.

Maybe he dealer was having a bad night.

Comment

This was the fourth misfire imo by that dealer last night.
              (1) He called a string bet on me when I dropped 600 on the table, four chips hit followed by the other two an inch or so later. He said he would let it go this time. I disagreed.
              (2) He dealt a flop. Check, check, I bet 1200. Call. While we were waiting for the other player (B) to act but the dealer dealt the turn. Floor called.
              (3) Player (B) called a 1475 bet putting out 1500. Dealer didn't give change. Had to be asked.
              (4) Then the no cards all-in situation.

Maybe he dealer was having a bad night.
              How long was he dealing that night?
              Are these the only mistakes he made?

Comment

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
                How long was he dealing that night?
                Are these the only mistakes he made?
                I don't know how long he was dealing. For the last few years I play more festival events so am used to 30 minute dealer changes. Last night I was on three tables and he dealt on the 2nd and 3rd table for long sessions.
                They were the only mistakes I noticed, but those were only hands I was in. Of more concern was he blamed the player each time e.g. when he dealt the turn without letting the player act on the flop he said the player was hiding his cards. The player was opposite the dealer. I could see the cards and I was in seat seven.
                This is only my version of it.

Comment

Hang on. Ill get Nicky...

Comment

P45

Comment

On the all-in I was standing at my seat so think he did not see an empty seat.
                      Did you not say something when you didn't receive your first card? What is your suggestion as to why he dealt you out?

Could I have been eliminated without getting a hand dealt?
                      Who knows? Who cares? You obviously don't. Looks to me like a rant about bad dealing. Nothing wrong with that though.

Comment

If your all in or not should be at the table.

The dealer obv made a mistake and seems a bit clueless to be honest
                        If it was a case that you dont get cards if standing he should have informed you.

If i was playing and dealer was constantly making mistakes id want him removed from my table, id not make a fuss but would have quiet chat with whoever was in charge of the floor.

Comment

Working...
                        X