Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
    Lol, where did you dig that one up from?

He's my best mate. Will be delighted when I show him this
    Is he!, ive kept an eye on Fergals fortunes for so many years usually on the live snooker ticker, im a kinda fan boy at this stage. You should encourage him to update his blog more, maybe a trip report on this tournament?.
    Got the pic somewhere here. Im sure he didnt endorse his own player profile though!.

Comment

Yeah best mates for years now. We used to play snooker together when he played amateur scene in Dublin.

Will pass on your suggestion re blog and field trips etc:

Comment

Also, could you encourage him to play faster when on the TV?

Comment

TM2204 i think hes thinking of Bingham

Comment

World Senior Championships starts today. 16 golden oldies taking part

Nigel Bond
            Jimmy White
            Steve Davis
            Tony Drago
            John Parrott
            Darren Morgan
            Dene O Kane
            Karl Townsend
            Steve Ventham
            Tony Knowles
            Gary Wilkinson
            Neal Foulds
            Cliff Thorburn
            Dennis Taylor
            Doug Mountjoy
            Joe Johnson

Bond is the favourite, but Connie has tipped Darren Morgan as being overpriced at 8/1 to win the title. Myself, i think if Jimmy is up for it he can retain the trophy

Morgan can be backed best price 10/1 in Laddies and he's as short at 6/1 in Boyles
            Jimmy is best priced at 5/1 in Boyles so have a flutter on both and enjoy some snooker.

I also like Jimmy @ 5/1 to have the highest break of the tournament

Comment

Hard to do any serious betting on this Tony as the matches start out the best of 3 frames, whick in all fairness is a coin-flip.

I like darren Morgans chances though at the odds available. He's a serial winner at this Masters level and has shown very good form over the last couple of seasons in pro-ams and that. He hasnt lost any of his ability, and a tournament like this doesnt take much winning. I just think he's overpriced at 8/1, not to mind the 10/1 you found.

Connie

Comment

Yeah defo hard to do any serious betting alright in a best of 3. The only thing is that there won't be as many 1 visit frame winning opportunities so you'll be allowed a couple of mistakes per match before you get picked off. Would never put a cent on a match bet until the semi/final when i pressume it goes best of 5/7

I like Morgans odds and i quite like Jimmy's aswel so just a little flutter on both to keep me interested. Baby owns the TV during the day so will tune in tonight and watch the evening session

Comment

Good start with White and Morgan getting through to the last 8 and Dennis Taylor sending Nigel Bond packing is a bonus. They avoided each other in the draw aswel with Jimmy getting Taylor, and Morgan playing the winner of the borefest that's still on between Mountjoy and Thorburn

Comment

That's White and Morgan into the semis so just need them to avoid each other in the draw. Davis and probably Parrott to join them in the last 4. Sigh at Jimmy running out of position on a 77 break with 4 reds left with Morgan still leading the way on 83 i think. Bookies have Davis as favourite now

Davis 15/8
                    White 2/1
                    Morgan 11/4
                    Parrott 11/2
                    Townsend 14/1

Comment

Obviously they draw each other in the semi's

Comment

Studying a bit of form going into the UK champs and picked out 3 matches/players that i think can go the way of the underdog tomorrow.

Xiao Guodong to beat Mike Dunn @ Evs

He has wins over Wattana/O Brien/Sullivan/Ebdon in the PTC last month
                        21 wins from 31 matches this season
                        WR of 55 but up to 12 in the Order of Merit

Dunn has won only 6 of 15 matches this season and has slipped from 43 to 73 in the OOM. He's also lost his last 4 matches

I think Goudong should be favourite for this match and is high on confidence going into it.

Ben Woollaston to beat Michael Holt @ 11/10

23 wins from 32 matches this season
                        Won a PTC event in August beating Higginson/Doherty/McManus and then Dott in the final
                        WR of 53 but up to 5 in the Order of Merit

Tough draw for Woollaston tho v Holt. He's a steady player on his day and has won 18/28 matches this season. Ranked at 38 but up to 30 in the OOM. Could go either way but i fancy Woollaston to win this one.

Michael White to beat Liang Wenbo @ Evs

Beat Pinches 6-4 in the previous round
                        Beat Greene/Higginson in PTC last month before losing to O Sullivan in the Semi
                        He's lost a few final frame deciders to which means he's there or there abouts
                        18 wins from 28 matches this season
                        WR of 60 but up to 20 in the Order of Merit

Wenbo has won 11/20 this season and has dropped to 49 in the OOM from a ranking of 35. Has a good game on his day so not too sure on this one, but will take a piece of White.

@ Connie or anyone. Any opinions because you might know these players a bit better? than me.

Comment

Guodong, Holt, Wenbo

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Studying a bit of form going into the UK champs and picked out 3 matches/players that i think can go the way of the underdog tomorrow.

Dunn has won only 6 of 15 matches this season and has slipped from 43 to 73 in the OOM. He's also lost his last 4 matches

I think Goudong should be favourite for this match and is high on confidence going into it.

Won a PTC event in August beating Higginson/Doherty/McManus and then Dott in the final

Tough draw for Woollaston tho v Holt. He's a steady player on his day and has won 18/28 matches this season. Ranked at 38 but up to 30 in the OOM. Could go either way but i fancy Woollaston to win this one.

Wenbo has won 11/20 this season and has dropped to 49 in the OOM from a ranking of 35. Has a good game on his day so not too sure on this one, but will take a piece of White.

@ Connie or anyone. Any opinions because you might know these players a bit better? than me.
                            White was very impressive today in his win over Barry Pinches, with his ability to win frames in 1 visit quite impressive. as reported below:

"Neath's Michael White impressed in a 6-4 defeat of Barry Pinches, knocking in breaks of 71, 57, 68, 51, 87 and 57."

Xaio played supremely well in Killarney at the PTC and I marked him down as one to follow, so couldnt argue against you there.

Wouldnt stop you backing Wollaston either. Holt can be good on his day, and his strength is his lack of fear of opponnents, but if he gives away chances to Wollaston as his his norm, then theres only going to be one winner.

My own nap for tomorrow is Alan McManus. who either plays Peter Lines or Robin Hull who play tonite.Watched him play at the PTC and havent seen him cueing so well in a long time. Was chatting to him afterwards and he told me he had found his confidence for the 1st time in a few years. You could see that though from the way he was playing.

Comment

Cheers Connie, might have a look at McManus for tomorrow.

Have a small accum on Gunnell, Gilbert, Norman and White tonight. 4 frames in and none of them are losing yet so a sweat is on

Not sure if you follow online but this is a really good site which updates all matches as soon as a ball is potted. You need to manually refresh it though at times

Comment

Connie are you a man in a position to assist a man to get tickets to the final Monday night in the Crucible? I've been wanting to go for about 20 years and I think this year I might just do it!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  Connie are you a man in a position to assist a man to get tickets to the final Monday night in the Crucible? I've been wanting to go for about 20 years and I think this year I might just do it!
                                  IPB outing imo. Would love to go aswel as mentioned to you before

Comment

If you get a chance to get to the final then deffo go.

I seen all 4 of Hendry's final wins v White in the 90's as well as Parrot's win also v White.

Atmosphere at the final is always electric and the whole Cruicible gig is great. At one of the post final parties ended up locked singing with Mick Hucknall.

Comment

Cant promise as the Final,as its basically sold out every year now. I allready got 2 that are going for a charity raffle, so pushing the boat out a bit looking for 3 more. But if I do get them, ye'll be the first to know! I'll make the enquiries tomorrow.

What I could promise ye is if ye are happy to go over the 1st or 2nd week of it, I'll take ye in as player guests.

Connie

Comment

Been over a few times and always enjoyed the earlier rounds more than the semis or final, ur virtually on top of the players and u can almost smell their sweat! no venue in the world comes even close to the crucible!

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                          What I could promise ye is if ye are happy to go over the 1st or 2nd week of it, I'll take ye in as player guests.

Connie
                                          That would be great! I might be going to LA for work the first week, but I'd certainly be up for going the 2nd week.

Comment

White was very impressive today in his win over Barry Pinches, with his ability to win frames in 1 visit quite impressive. as reported below:

"Neath's Michael White impressed in a 6-4 defeat of Barry Pinches, knocking in breaks of 71, 57, 68, 51, 87 and 57."

Xaio played supremely well in Killarney at the PTC and I marked him down as one to follow, so couldnt argue against you there.

Wouldnt stop you backing Wollaston either. Holt can be good on his day, and his strength is his lack of fear of opponnents, but if he gives away chances to Wollaston as his his norm, then theres only going to be one winner.

My own nap for tomorrow is Alan McManus. who either plays Peter Lines or Robin Hull who play tonite.Watched him play at the PTC and havent seen him cueing so well in a long time. Was chatting to him afterwards and he told me he had found his confidence for the 1st time in a few years. You could see that though from the way he was playing.
                                            Well Tony,
                                            Xaio destroyed Diunn 6-0 earlier. Wollaston is up 4-1 and White is up 3-2.
                                            McManus plays at 7.00pm. I did 6 x doubles, 4 xtrebles and an accum, so heres hoping.

Comment

Xiao Guodong 6-0 Mike Dunn
                                              Ben Woollaston 6-3 Michael Holt
                                              Michael White 6-2 Liang Wenbo

Ship

Well Tony,
                                              Xaio destroyed Diunn 6-0 earlier. Wollaston is up 4-1 and White is up 3-2.
                                              McManus plays at 7.00pm. I did 6 x doubles, 4 xtrebles and an accum, so heres hoping.
                                              Wish i had of stuck McManus in with this now and followed suit and be sweating a big win tonight! GL for this, it will be a big one

Comment

Xiao Guodong 6-0 Mike Dunn
                                                Ben Woollaston 6-3 Michael Holt
                                                Michael White 6-2 Liang Wenbo

Ship
                                                I know fuck all

Nice shippage

Comment

Shaun Murphy @ 1/5
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Shaun Murphy v Ashley Wright Pending

Joe Jogia @ 2/7
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Joe Jogia v Mitchell Travis Pending

Anthony Hamilton @ 2/9
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Anthony Hamilton v Ian Burns Pending

Stephen Hendry @ 1/3
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Stephen Hendry v Ben Harrison Pending

Robbie Williams @ 2/9
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Robbie Williams v Kacper Filipiak Pending

Stuart Bingham @ 1/8
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Stuart Bingham v Sam Harvey Pending

Mark Allen @ 1/5
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Mark Allen v Stuart Carrington Pending

Michael Holt @ 1/4
                                                  Snooker Match Betting
                                                  Michael Holt v James McGouran Pending

What can go wrong??
                                                  twitter
                                                  moneybookers

Comment

Mark Allen won and Williams was a walkover so that won't count

Comment

Having a look at the China open qualifiers... Small Accum on the following

Jimmy White 1/2 vs L. Highfield
                                                      Anthony Hamilton 4/11 vs Luca Brecel
                                                      Robert Milkins 4/7 vs Liu Chuang
                                                      Gerard Greene 4/7 vs SAM Craigie

No shocks please!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Phelan View Post
                                                        Having a look at the China open qualifiers... Small Accum on the following

Jimmy White 1/2 vs L. Highfield
                                                        Anthony Hamilton 4/11 vs Luca Brecel
                                                        Robert Milkins 4/7 vs Liu Chuang
                                                        Gerard Greene 4/7 vs SAM Craigie

No shocks please!

Brecel winning wouldn't be much of a shock imo

Comment

Hearing good things about Hossein Vafaei to beat Mark King tomorrow @4/1

Comment

ADITYA MEHTA v LEE SPICK (Aussie Qualifiers)

No 16/1 tips here but i think Aditha Metha is a great bet at 8/13 PP to beat Lee Spick(7pm this evening). Its 2/5 Boyles and 1/2 Betfair.
                                                            Metha is a good solid player in the qualifiers and i even think 2/5 is a fair price. Spick not even knocking around the qualifiers much anymore looking disillusioned with the game.

Comment

Any opinions on The Masters guys? Did Bingham and Carter both at 20's in the outright . Think Bingham took his game to the next level in 2012, won a few minor titles and was excellent in the premier league. Carter has that habit of flying under the radar in these bigger competition's, people rarely talk about him as a contender but he tends to pop up in his fair share of latter stages. Possibly lacking that killer instinct to get over the final hurdle so prob one to lay out of if he makes the final.

Both have very tough 1st round matches though so could be early heartbreak.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                Any opinions on The Masters guys? Did Bingham and Carter both at 20's in the outright . Think Bingham took his game to the next level in 2012, won a few minor titles and was excellent in the premier league. Carter has that habit of flying under the radar in these bigger competition's, people rarely talk about him as a contender but he tends to pop up in his fair share of latter stages. Possibly lacking that killer instinct to get over the final hurdle so prob one to lay out of if he makes the final.

Both have very tough 1st round matches though so could be early heartbreak.
                                                                We are all aware of Selby's talent but I finally think he realises now that Major titles aren't gonna just fall into his arms.
                                                                He has really upped his his game and seems extremely focused!
                                                                I reckon he's gonna be the main man in the game for the next few years & a world title isn't far away!!!

Think 13/2 is a huge price for him this week. I know he has a tough 1st rd match & is on the same side as Trump but is still overpriced...
                                                                "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Here's Ken Doherty's thoughts

Comment

I've backed Robertson. Shaun Murphy was my other consideration and Mark Williams is overpriced.

Comment

Oh and Doherty hasn't got a clue. He's the opposite of a good snooker pundit/commentator

Comment

What's the view on this - Snooker players are divided over plans which mean the world's top 16 players will no longer be guaranteed a place in the latter stages of most ranking events

I'm on the fence.

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                        Oh and Doherty hasn't got a clue. He's the opposite of a good snooker pundit/commentator
                                                                        Oh, and Ken Doherty > Howard Finkel

Comment

I reckon I'd take Doherty in a best of 9 now given ample time to practice. He's brutal

Also yes make them qualify.

Comment

In every other sport all players start in round 1, about time snooker adopted this model.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Bit two-faced from Hearn seeing as his top darts player don't have to qualify, the top 16 or 32 get to start in a later round than everyone else. And he designed that entire organisation and all its events himself.

Will be comical when 13 Asians without a word of English or an ounce of charisma qualify for the latter stages of a BBC competition. Tough sell to the domestic audience.

I notice a thinly veiled hint in that link that indicates we can expect a bigger World Championships (playerswise) with smaller games (bye bye best of 31s) when the current contract ends.

Also his Usain Bolt comparision is beyond retarded.

Comment

#99
                                                                                I reckon I'd take Doherty in a best of 9 now given ample time to practice. He's brutal

Comment

In every other sport all players start in round 1, about time snooker adopted this model.
                                                                                  Think you are wrong.

In tennis the top players start in the Last 128 but there are about 900 players on the circuit so the rest have to go through qualifying.

Ditto Golf, Top 50/60 in the World get to play in majors whilst everyone else has to go through qualifying.

Darts, as explained in my above post.

I'd actually be surprised if there are many sports where every single professional starts at the same stage.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Think you are wrong.

In tennis the top players start in the Last 128 but there are about 900 players on the circuit so the rest have to go through qualifying.

Ditto Golf, Top 50/60 in the World get to play in majors whilst everyone else has to go through qualifying.

I'd actually be surprised if there are many sports where every single professional starts at the same stage.
                                                                                    Yep, was about to post similar. Same with football and Prem teams starting the FA Cup in 3rd round, and later in Carling Cup etc. Lots of examples around

Comment

I notice a thinly veiled hint in that link that indicates we can expect a bigger World Championships (playerswise) with smaller games (bye bye best of 31s) when the current contract ends.

Also his Usain Bolt comparision is beyond retarded.
                                                                                      WC should never be touched ever.

Comment

Think you are wrong.

Guess I stand corrected

Comment

The Usain Bolt comparison is actually hilarious

Comment

Also yes make them qualify.
                                                                                            Id back Doherty even giving you a 40 point start! AIAEC

Comment

I think its a good thing for the players in general (maybe not the protected top 16 though).
                                                                                              I had a good chat with Davy Morris at the all-Ireland snooker club c/ships last weekend. For those that dont know Davy, he's a 23 year old Kilkenny man, who spent a few years on the pro tour and fell off it last year.

After falling off the pro tour, I asked him why he chose not to go to the Q-school and try and qualify for the pro-ranks again. He explained that to play a season now as a fully fledged pro means a lay-out of between €20,000 and €30,000 and without a sponsor behind you, its just too much for the pros starting out.

But he went on to explain to me how its different this year. As the top 16 players are going to have to play in tournaments from round 1, its going to mean that the prizemoney is going to be more spread out to where a player is properly rewarded for wins in the early rounds. So Davy is going back to tour-school in the hope of nabbing one of the 12 spots up for grabs there.
                                                                                              He knocked in 4 x century breaks while playing for Kilkenny at the all-ireland club c/ships in the Glen Eagle Hotel last weekend, including the highest break of 139. A great display of form when you consider his club didnt make it through to the knock out stages, so had had way less matches to play, but still recorded 4 centuries. (no other player had more than 1 and there was only 7 x centuries in total over the weekend.)

I for one wish him luck. He is still plenty young enough to be a force in the game.

Comment

That's seriously impressive form for Davy. Would be nice to have a couple more Irish players coming through the ranks because they're few and far between at the moment.

Comment

Id back Doherty even giving you a 40 point start! AIAEC
                                                                                                  A 40 point start and id hammer him, not close.

Also Davy has been down this way a few times practicing with Rodney Goggins, saw him miss a yellow on 120 one day, such a natural and great to watch

Comment

A 40 point start and id hammer him, not close.

Also Davy has been down this way a few times practicing with Rodney Goggins, saw him miss a yellow on 120 one day, such a natural and great to watch

Doherty giving you a 40 pt start would be 1 way traffic, and not in your direction! Methinks you underestimate how good these guys really are.

Comment

Looking at the final qualifying rounds for the Snooker World Champs.

Looking like Ken will have to beat Matthew Selt or Mike Dunn to qualify which won't be a walkover for him, so hoping he's in form. Fergal will be up against James Wattana or Jack Lisowski so hopefully will have enough to pull through. Ebdon v Davis will a good game, and a shame that only 1 will have a chance of competing. Jimmy will face a couple of Thai's and Milkins in the final round so can't see him getting there unfortunetly.

What's the thoughts on England v The Field, both @ 5/6?

On the England side we have O Sullivan, Selby, Trump, Murphy, Carter v Robertson, Higgins, Ding, Maguire, Williams. Seems like a good bet backing the England side IMO although not a fan of opposing Robertson.

There's also a Big 5 v The Field so now it's O Sullivan, Selby, Trump, Robertson and Higgins @ 8/13. Kinda like those odds too and might pile on.

In the outright bets, you can get 11/1 on Higgins on SB, wheras Mark Allen is 10/1 on Boyles. Would love a match bet there. Is Murphy playing well enough to have a flutter @ 16/1? Where's the smart money? Robertson 7/1 is a cracking bet tho.

Comment

Round 1 of the World C/ships qualifiers kicks off today. There were some pre-qualifying matches during the week, but they were only best of 9's. The real action starts today with the best of 19 matches kicking off.

A lot of the players playing in these wont be household names, and whereas a lot of the matches look to be close affairs, there are 1 or 2 I'll put up as a bit of value.

Starting at 2.30pm today, Luca Brecel plays Scotlands Frazer Patrick. Boyles have this priced up as 2/9 Brecel and 3/1 Patrick. Brecel qualified last year as the youngest qualifier ever and there was a lot of hype about him. Frazer patrick will be unknown to a lot of people, but he is seen as the next big Scottish hope. 3/1 is a massive price for him (practice partners are John Higgens and Steven Maguire). Brecel hasnt had a great season, and I think an upset is very much on the cards here.

The other match Im playing in this 1st round is Justin Astley to beat Paul Davidson. Astley is a good up and coming player and has some great results in the PTC series, including a bdefeat of John Higgens. But yesterday, he defeated patrick wallace 5-1 in the final qualifying rounds, and he must be sharp to be able to give Wallace a beating like that. davidson fell off the tour last year and got back in through the Q school, but had a very disappointing season. Astley at 11/8 is the call here.

Interesting few weeks ahead.

Comment

Patrick 7/2 on 365
                                                                                                          48

Comment

Didn't get on, but Patrick 2-0 up so far

Comment

Didn't get on, but Patrick 2-0 up so far
                                                                                                              On at 3's I see he's 10/11 in running on Boyles, is it watchable anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                On at 3's I see he's 10/11 in running on Boyles, is it watchable anywhere?
                                                                                                                3-0 up now. Hope he keeps it going.

Live scoring point by point here http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...urnament/13298

Comment

Its on 365 if you have a bet on it.
                                                                                                                  48

Comment

scrappy frame 5. it looks like they are playing in a box.
                                                                                                                    48

Comment

4-1 he had his chance to make it 5-0
                                                                                                                      48

Comment

4-2 now. Hopes he takes one of the next 2 before the break.

Comment

Finished 5-4 after the 1st session. (wish it was a best of 9 match!!). He was 5-2 up, so its a little disappointing to only have a 1 frame lead overnight. Still, well in the match anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X