Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know tipp at all. Outside of Dublin ..I know Westmeath a little but besides Dublin that's all.
    I should travel around the country more.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    I have it on good authority that Andy absolutely nailed his performance. Probably enjoying some well earned pince now
    Oh yay..that has made me so happy GO ANDY!

I was thinking of singing some time at an open mic night ..not to steal his thunder though..it's Andy's moment.

Comment

What are the actual % chances of nukes going off any time soon, has shit gone bad or are we looking at a media flare up?
      It's difficult to decipher this stuff these days.

Comment

Anyone tried this?

Interesting concept. Golf & Gamble = Happy Jibzzzz.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
          What are the actual % chances of nukes going off any time soon, has shit gone bad or are we looking at a media flare up?
          In my life time, one side has been rational in these situations. This time both sides are irrational and immoral. Usually the USA is the stable side. So I don't know what to predict. I don't think after this things will just simply go back to being as calm as they were.

A lot of it is media hype for attention and sales that has a side effect of war mongering.

Cause and effect. It's shaken the faith of even the most staunch Trump Supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
            Close to zero, though it is disturbing that we even have to think about it. Heard an american woman on newstalk today suggesting Trump should nuke Detroit, as it's full of Muslims. Made Sickpupppy sound like a hippy.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Close to zero, though it is disturbing that we even have to think about it. Heard an american woman on newstalk today suggesting Trump should nuke Detroit, as it's full of Muslims. Made Sickpupppy sound like a hippy.
              Did you get her name?

Comment

The politics forum on 2+2 is imploding.

I will stay in my paddling pool for safety purposes...sat nav knows life saving!

Look I can swim!

Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                  Did you get her name?
                  Ah she just said bombing. My bad. About 2 mins in, http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/The...ar_of_refugees
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Actually i can swim...i just can't do earth. Not great with earth...

Planet earth was never my best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                      The tenth US president John Tyler who was in office in the 1840s has grandsons alive.
                      Washington Post did a really excellent podcast last year called Presidential where each week they had an episode about each president in order. Someone called Millard Fillmore was president! It was a really excellent show.

William Henry Harrison won the presidency thanks to a really catchy song -Tippecanoe and Tyler Too.
                      They Might be Giants reinterpret the 19th century election song classic.From the Venue Songs DVD/CD set at http://bit.ly/2slnKpt and on Apple Music http://ge...

He died after 3 weeks in office and Tyler took over and produced the vice-residency we have today. The founding fathers never imagined the vice presidency would automatically take over and the idea was the Vice President would remain as VP and acting president until new president was elected but Tyler took over anyway because who doesn't crave power when they have the chance and it has become known as the Tyler precedent.

Good news for Harrison is finally there is a president that had a worst start than him.

Comment

Crushed it. People laughed. They didnt mind me checking my notes. I got a round of applause for one joke. Was funnier than the guy before me which is basically as good as it could go. Maybe not as funny as the guy after me but people laughed and thats all that matters. Heart was going 90 after. Thanks to Hotspur for coming along and getting me a calmer pint after. And many thanks to Rigger for writing half my routine.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                          Anyone tried this?

We actually sponsor prizes for under 14's.

Have never done it despite living 5 minutes away.
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                            Crushed it. People laughed. They didnt mind me checking my notes. I got a round of applause for one joke. Was funnier than the guy before me which is basically as good as it could go. Maybe not as funny as the guy after me but people laughed and thats all that matters. Heart was going 90 after. Thanks to Hotspur for coming along and getting me a calmer pint after. And many thanks to Rigger for writing half my routine.
                            Fair play. Delighted it went well.
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Delighted it went well, fair pair of balls on ya for doing it.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                Oh you mean this??

No. This.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Two good mates there well done

That is very pretty Oleras.

I know it's generic ..but i have always liked Satie though. It's not terribly obscure or anything.
                                  My mom listens to him a lot ..so it's in the house

Songs ~ Gymnopedies #1 ~ Gnossiennes #1,3,4,5 ~Album ~ Satie: Works For Piano Solo And Piano Duet ~Artist ~ Pianist: Anne Queffelec ~ with artwork by Edouard...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    Don't watch it P and F. I think you would end up wearing white and chain smoking for the rest of your life.

Comment

They should nuke Detroit regardless.

Comment

Well alright then elbows. I won't ..

You should watch spaced ..old but funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                          Anyone tried this?

Surely low handicappers would be floading to this place if its as "easy" as it sounds.
                                          Think i may be missing something here.

Comment

You should take a motorcycle road trip to the middle east they love the old gay alcoholics.

Comment

No need for the "old"...
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

The leftovers
                                                SPOILER

Comment

This last month I have 'done Favors' for 'friends'and taken out people from London, Portugal and Lithuania out fishing and tomorrow taking a guy from Newcastle. So far not one of them has even offered to pay for petrol even. I enjoy going out and set boat up so they play/ catch every fish and I just ghuille and adhere to their timetable, I don't know these people. Am I unreasonable expecting some sort of recompense ?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

A lot of people in Alberta sound like they are straight off the set of Fargo. Have been quite a few times where I have struggled to keep a straight face when they are talking to me. Myself and Mrs Lao Lao have also started a 'Hey Margie, Hey Norm' conversation skit which so far nobody has kopped.

Service in Canada, while totally OTT is way better than Dublin. Out for dinner in Banff tonight and Mrs Lao's main came out cold so we sent it back. All the apologies with lines like 'We really want to get this right for you as it's a delicious main.' Bill then came and there is a 40% discount off the total bill (including alcohol) which was way more than the cost of the main. We checked with the waiter to make sure it wasn't a mistake but no, main was cold, therefore you get a massive discount.

Tomorrow morning is my first time skiing.

#PrayforLaoLao

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good article on trump golfing
                                                            He has played more golf in his first weeks than any recent president – even rising tensions with North Korea didn’t keep him away from his Florida course last weekend. Do diplomacy and golf mix, and what does his love of the game say about him?

Several of these playing companions have given reports of the experience. Samuel L Jackson says that Trump cheats. Sports Illustrated’s Mark Mulvoy and the boxer Oscar de la Hoya spoke of balls that had been in shrubs miraculously appearing in the fairway or close to the hole with no strokes added. The sportswriter Rick Reilly said Trump gave himself not only putts but chip shots and that, on a cheating scale of one to 10, Trump would be an 11. When asked who the worst celebrity golf cheat was, Alice Cooper replied: “I played with Donald Trump one time. That’s all I’m going to say.

Comment

Another quote from that article from the manliest US president hard to argue with it,got given an old set of clubs recently and have enjoyed a few rounds but it's hard to shake the feeling that golf is a game for cunts
                                                              "Politicians can be wary of golf. “Photograph me on horseback? Yes,” wrote Teddy Roosevelt in 1908. “Tennis, no. And golf is fatal.” It’s the frivolousness of it, the look of a childish pastime played by posh boys who know nothing of the world."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  I mentioned this intro to programming (python) course before:

Offered by University of Toronto. Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This ... Enroll for free.

I'd highly recommend it, it's really well designed for anyone wanting to become familiar with programming. Have been waking up at 6am to get in some of the lessons, its that good / i'm that sad.

The course is only a beginning, but can then easily build on it to add more complex techniques. My pal, whos also a finance prof, was saying he now has a team of machine learning geeks working for him in the IFSC, and the potential is astronomical. I'm seeing major dollar signs here!
                                                                  That's the end game for my team. NLP\machine learning.

I won't be learning Python though (clearly I am waaaay too important to know trivial things like how stuff works).
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I don't understand why they bothered to make another series of Veep when the real life version of Jonah Ryan is actually fucking POTUS
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lots of rumours from informed sources (and in fairnes also many wildly uninformed sources, and indeed known spoofers) that Theresa May is to resign this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Lots of rumours from informed sources (and in fairnes also many wildly uninformed sources, and indeed known spoofers) that Theresa May is to resign this morning.
                                                                        No way she is resigning, unless it's a serious health issue.

Election IMO

Comment

It would make sense for her to call an election now before Corbyn gets beheaded and before the cold hard reality of how moronic Brexit seeps through the thick skulls of the little englanders.
                                                                          Biggest difficulty is Scotland but that might be an opportunity to clarify the position there ahead of negotiations.

Comment

Yeah, election seems to be the consensus now (I thought they had a new Fixed Term Parliament Act which specified an election only every 4 years but doubtless theres a loophole).
                                                                            Is an election at this critical juncture not a distraction/sideshow blah blah, i.e., exact reasons she gave for denying scindyref#2.

Sick thing will be that they'll gain about 70 seats from Labour.

Comment

Election announced alright, June 8th.

Comment

Actually, it's not official yet - all that's been announced is the 'plan' to hold the election on June 8th.

Comment

Yeah, election seems to be the consensus now (I thought they had a new Fixed Term Parliament Act which specified an election only every 4 years but doubtless theres a loophole).
                                                                                  Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                  Actually, it's not official yet - all that's been announced is the 'plan' to hold the election on June 8th.
                                                                                  Yeah, seems MPs have to vote 2/3rds majority for an election under the FTPA.
                                                                                  Should be a formality, vote this week.

Comment

Is an election at this critical juncture not a distraction/sideshow blah blah, i.e., exact reasons she gave for denying scindyref#2.

Sick thing will be that they'll gain about 70 seats from Labour.
                                                                                    Bizarre to think but its hard to see how an election now can do anything except make the situation worse.
                                                                                    Its laid out to be a masterpiece of political opportunism but maybe it can backfire as badly as everything else seems to these days.
                                                                                    Nothing has happened yet, Britain is still in the EU but they have managed to create an atmosphere that imagines Brexit has happened and it has all been a tremendous success.

Comment

Its very unlikely but the only way this works to save all that is right and sane and find a way to keep the UK in the EU after a second referendum on the terms is if the Tories were to finally 'burst the party' into separate pro and anti EU the next few weeks.

Meh, impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Its very unlikely but the only way this works to save all that is right and sane and find a way to keep the UK in the EU after a second referendum on the terms is if the Tories were to finally 'burst the party' into separate pro and anti EU the next few weeks.

Meh, impossible
                                                                                        i thought once article 50 was triggered there was no way back.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          Its not 100% clear what would happen if a referendum or Parliament were to turn down the terms.

But, yes without any precedent existing it looks like there is no way back.

Most interesting would be of the terms were to include options for Scotland and the North to make their own arrangements.

Comment

The UK will be allowed to go back into the EU if they want an all will be swept under the carpet. A massive rejoining fee will be negotiated of course be it in cash payments, fishing rights, accepting refugees, taking the euro or whatever is settled upon.

When the stakes are both geo political stability and global economics I am pretty sure treaties get ignored.

Comment

Wat
                                                                                              You couldn't make this shit up

Comment

Wat
                                                                                                You couldn't make this shit up
                                                                                                You do have to wonder how long it will be before the UN decides to impose trade embargoes on the US for warmongering and threatening the world with it nuclear arsenal.

It is getting very cold war

Comment

I think Article 50 just means negotiations will start. If no agreement is reached after two years then Britain will exit the EU, after which point there is no going back. They can extend the deadline or cancel the whole thing if they want, as long as it's before the 2 year mark.

Best outcome here is a huge SNP+LibDem turnout. If they can prevent the Tories from getting a majority then it's gg for Brexit. Most likely outcome is a Tory landslide though. Labour will definitely get crushed.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Looks a superb political move by May. Force a showdown at the ballot box with a clueless and ill-disciplined Labour.

If Corbyn was Blair, or even Brown, no way would she dare pull this move.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        Looks a superb political move by May. Force a showdown at the ballot box with a clueless and ill-disciplined Labour.

If Corbyn was Blair, or even Brown, no way would she dare pull this move.
                                                                                                        Tim Farron is now the opposition leader.

Comment

Most likely outcome is a Tory landslide though. Labour will definitely get crushed.
                                                                                                          I thought I was done with political betting but the 1.22 about a conservative majority is just free money.

Comment

...

Comment

He's underperforming Trump

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I think betting that the outcome will be better than current polls (like this) is a no brainer.
                                                                                                                    ...
                                                                                                                    The Brit public already showed they've about as gullible as it gets.
                                                                                                                    I think you are missing the utterly fake 'we're all in this together' mood she has been selling.
                                                                                                                    It's being lapped up by the idiots and it's a message that is impossible for the sane to dispute without coming off all surrender monkeyish.
                                                                                                                    This will be to all intents and purposes a war election.

Comment

...

Comment

I thought I was done with political betting but the 1.22 about a conservative majority is just free money.
                                                                                                                        More free money after the Brits rejecting Brexit and Hillary winning the US election?

Link?

Comment

The key thing with machine learning is to know that stuff comes in and stuff comes out, but nobody knows quite what happens inside to be sure that the stuff that comes out makes sense. A black box of the most excellent kind, which will totally not blow up in everyone's faces.

Although think a lot of the more modern models are moving away from pure NLP towards more supervised models where you can see/guide a bit of whats happening (e.g. gradiant boosting, random forest techniques).

You don't by any chance work for Castroity? Where castro is his first name, to avoid googleability
                                                                                                                          No. The only Castro I worked for (in the sense of smoking his cigars) was Fidel

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X