Rush Omaha H/L cash - 3 pair facing pot bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush Omaha H/L cash - 3 pair facing pot bet

Haven't posted a hand in ages ... this one was bothering me ... anyone ever calling?

I have no idea on villain.... Rush poker and although there are only about 70 players sitting down I couldn't recall anything... I had only been playing about 10 mins myself.

Full Tilt Poker Game #25491157888: Table Lickety Split (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - Pot Limit Omaha H/L - 12:37:01 ET - 2010/11/12
    Seat 1: LtThMthrfckrBrn ($50)
    Seat 2: AtomShell ($22.20)
    Seat 3: MurMurRu ($69.05)
    Seat 4: an1bal ($25.85)
    Seat 5: mr JelleR ($69.80)
    Seat 6: EssEll ($73.60)
    an1bal posts the small blind of $0.25
    mr JelleR posts the big blind of $0.50
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to EssEll [As 3c Qh Td]
    EssEll raises to $1.10
    LtThMthrfckrBrn folds
    AtomShell calls $1.10
    MurMurRu folds
    an1bal folds
    mr JelleR raises to $4.65
    EssEll calls $3.55
    AtomShell calls $3.55
    *** FLOP *** [Tc 3h Ac]
    mr JelleR bets $14.20
    EssEll has 15 seconds left to act
    EssEll has timed out
    EssEll folds
    AtomShell folds
    Uncalled bet of $14.20 returned to mr JelleR
    mr JelleR mucks
    mr JelleR wins the pot ($13.50)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $14.20 | Rake $0.70
    Board: [Tc 3h Ac]
    Seat 1: LtThMthrfckrBrn didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 2: AtomShell folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: MurMurRu (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 4: an1bal (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 5: mr JelleR (big blind) collected ($13.50), mucked
    Seat 6: EssEll folded on the Flop

Don't think I'd be folding here. After the raise pre he has to lead for a pot bet if he hits his ace. There are a lot of AKQ2 type hands and A234 or similar hands that he's leading with. If he has clubs and a gutterball you can see how he's happy shipping. Prob a flip if you call and the times you're crush/crush him are small and balance each other out imo.

Could well be wrong tho, no expert on hi/lo, although played a fair bit.

Comment

I just open fold this pre, and if i don't, i fold to his 3bet.

I fold the flop aswel because we're not going to like a lot of turns. Even if he's loaded up with low cards, any 2,4,5 or club could give him the high and as we have no lo draw. The times we get scooped plus the times we get our money back, outway the times that we scoop so i can't imagine it's +EV going any further in the hand

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        I just open fold this pre
        Interesting... I'm happy enough to play A3 six handed... my raise to only 1.1 was a misclick.

we have no lo draw
        That was my main reason for folding.. the low was a goner and the high was bad or vulnerable

Comment

The most important thing about Rush poker imo is playing the right range. This hand isn't strong enough to raise with from UTG. I raise with a lot of hands otb and in sb but thats about it your seeing so many hands only premium hands should be played at all time oop.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
            The most important thing about Rush poker imo is playing the right range. This hand isn't strong enough to raise with from UTG. I raise with a lot of hands otb and in sb but thats about it your seeing so many hands only premium hands should be played at all time oop.
            Interesting...

But if that is the accepted wisdom for Rush (in general, not necessarily for o8) then surely you should widen your range?

Comment

Originally posted by EssEll View Post
              Interesting...

But if that is the accepted wisdom for Rush (in general, not necessarily for o8) then surely you should widen your range?
              no you should play more tables

Comment

Why? That cannot make mathematical sense.

Comment

Yep, play more tables and play tighter OOP. Also, PLO8 isn't the same as holdem in that a 20/18 or a 22/20 will be a winning player. Nothing wrong with limping and calling in EP with big hands. Play far more aggressive in LP which is why i'd be instamucking your hand pre, but could play it on the button

Comment

Why? That cannot make mathematical sense.
                    Yep, play more tables and play tighter OOP. Also, PLO8 isn't the same as holdem in that a 20/18 or a 22/20 will be a winning player. Nothing wrong with limping and calling in EP with big hands. Play far more aggressive in LP which is why i'd be instamucking your hand pre, but could play it on the button
                    Ya pretty much what FD said although limping in EP with a strong hand I wouldn't be mad about but would do it sometimes.

Comment

I get the basic message but the only logical reason for playing more tables is to make yourself be more disciplined in your range... if you can manage that discipline anyway then there is no reason for the extra tables - and playing too many is more likely to lead to mistakes.

Comment

Ya pretty much what FD said although limping in EP with a strong hand I wouldn't be mad about but would do it sometimes.
                        It's not something i do all the time, but in rush, people tend to go crazy in LP so it's nice to give them some rope. Plus i like to play my A235 type hands multiway and don't want fold out hands that like to see a cheap flop.

Comment

I get the basic message but the only logical reason for playing more tables is to make yourself be more disciplined in your range... if you can manage that discipline anyway then there is no reason for the extra tables - and playing too many is more likely to lead to mistakes.
                          Playing 3 tables rush is equivalant to 12 tabling normal speed roughly. Playing 3 tables rush with a consistent strategy(doesn't need to be iron fist consistent) reaps its own benefits including rakeback, expect massive levels of varience too.

It's not something i do all the time, but in rush, people tend to go crazy in LP so it's nice to give them some rope. Plus i like to play my A235 type hands multiway and don't want fold out hands that like to see a cheap flop.
                          I actually really like that theory now of limping with said hand or similar +ev in the long term especially playing rush.

Comment

Working...
                          X