Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Never heard of Lauren Hill, may listen to her and jump on bandwagon...Also, just got my tickets for Passenger he's playing September 1st...Now that I'm very excited about...Also thinking about trying to get tickets for kodaline that are going on resale this Friday...#lotsofalso...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      I've seen a few events organised in a celebratory way. Be curious to see what they're like if it didn't pass.
      I am sure the No people will say there will be pop up "Abort while u wait" tents going up on the Saturday with the crap that is being spouted!

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
        ...Never heard of Lauren Hill, may listen to her and jump on bandwagon...Also, just got my tickets for Passenger he's playing September 1st...Now that I'm very excited about...Also thinking about trying to get tickets for kodaline that are going on resale this Friday...#lotsofalso...
        You must be too young! She was the female singer in the fugees in mid 90's, as well as a bit of a solo stuff soon after. Very little in recent years though.

Look at me, talking about music.

Comment

Is she any relation to Benny?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            I use a cheapish TP-Link model, works fine 95% of the time, would need to restart it about once every 10 days or so.
            Can you check me here to make sure I understand the idea:

You plug one device into the wall and hook it to the modem with a LAN cable. This uses the house's power network to sling the connection to plug points everywhere else in the house. You then plug a second device into a plug point in a room you want to have a solid connection, this will have an ethernet port to connect to. For some models, the second device can also create a wifi hotspot, which will be of better 'quality' than what you'd get if you just use a wifi signal booster.

Have I got it?

Basically the house is three floors and I want to have decent wifi in the top room but the router is on the ground floor.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              You must be too young! She was the female singer in the fugees in mid 90's, as well as a bit of a solo stuff soon after. Very little in recent years though.

Look at me, talking about music.
              Glol
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Much more confident than before recent setbacks but after Trump and particularly Brexit you cannot underestimate the stupidity of the voting public or the cynicism of the No side. No relaxing until Saturday.
                Generally I'm optimistic about the Irish public when it comes to voting. On social issues we rarely let ourselves down despite unbelievable lies being used against us.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

You plug one device into the wall and hook it to the modem with a LAN cable. This uses the house's power network to sling the connection to plug points everywhere else in the house. You then plug a second device into a plug point in a room you want to have a solid connection, this will have an ethernet port to connect to. For some models, the second device can also create a wifi hotspot, which will be of better 'quality' than what you'd get if you just use a wifi signal booster.

Have I got it?

Basically the house is three floors and I want to have decent wifi in the top room but the router is on the ground floor.
                  That's the gist of it As I understand it. Handy for getting internet out to the shed/games room in the garden or whatever.
                  Was only just explaining them to a colleague earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    I've seen a few events organised in a celebratory way. Be curious to see what they're like if it didn't pass.
                    Angry
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Have I got it?

The have to be on the same circuit. We have two in our house, so we had to put the second one in a different area as the one closest to my bedroom is on a different circuit.

We have the TP Link one, there were 3 in it. Does the job great for us. Not had to reset it so far!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        Is she any relation to Benny?
                        Yeah

Benny from crossroads

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                          The have to be on the same circuit. We have two in our house, so we had to put the second one in a different area as the one closest to my bedroom is on a different circuit.

We have the TP Link one, there were 3 in it. Does the job great for us. Not had to reset it so far!
                          Any idea how I would check or find out if my rooms are on different circuits?

Comment

Sell my Eels tickets today and buying A Perfect Circle ones. Eamo turning in his grave.

I'm fully convinced that yes is a shoo-in at this stage.
                            I dunno, the captain america shields (with repeal on them) I saw at Heuston this morning are swaying me the other way now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                              Sell my Eels tickets today and buying A Perfect Circle ones. Eamo turning in his grave.

I dunno, the captain america shields (with repeal on them) I saw at Heuston this morning are swaying me the other way now.
                              No one wants the vegan vote.

Comment

Same fuse box / meter should be fine
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dont believe the wired lies either...

The 300/500 will be 15, but will be ample to run a box.

Wireless will be 3-5 in my experience.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Generally I'm optimistic about the Irish public when it comes to voting. On social issues we rarely let ourselves down despite unbelievable lies being used against us.

SPOILER
                                    That was passed by about 7 votes!
                                    It was a very conservative proposal and probably affected more people's lives directly than abortion but the bad guys sowed so much fear and loathing they almost got there.

Comment

If that's aimed at me, I haven't the first notion what you're on about?
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Both sides of this debate should be ashamed of some of the vile insulting behaviour engaged. No matter how worthy your cause , we cannot contemplate a Liverpool victory on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Dont believe the wired lies either...

The 300/500 will be 15, but will be ample to run a box.

Wireless will be 3-5 in my experience.
                                          Yeah I see in all the reviews that the speeds quoted are total fantasy.

Comment

Same fuse box / meter should be fine
                                            Whole house will be on one meter/board. But there be at least a couple of separate circuits.

Check the fuse board/circuit breakers. Outlet circuits will probably be labelled. If there's one one outlet circuit they are all on it. If there's multiple then flip breakers one at a time and see what is on each
                                            Last edited by Mellor; 23-05-18, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              Whole house will be on one meter/board. But there be at least a couple of separate circuits.

Check the fuse board/circuit breakers. Outlet circuits will probably be labelled. If there's one one outlet circuit they are all on it. If there's multiple then flip breakers one at a time and see what is on each
                                              Oh, well that means mine works on different circuits.

Comment

Any reason not to go for something like this?

I would probably need the extra adapter so the fact that this comes with three is a plus.

Comment

25 quid cheaper on amazon, just read the reviews there.

I was in Pc World the other day asking for thermal paste, they had no idea what it even was (and it's on their site), may that MTV of shops just close down.

Comment

25 quid cheaper on amazon, just read the reviews there.
                                                    Yeah think this one looks better overall

Comment

Any reason not to go for something like this?

I would probably need the extra adapter so the fact that this comes with three is a plus.
                                                      i've only heard bad things about the BT ones, get netgear or TP link, and no point getting less than 1200Mbps if you have or will have fast BB or fiber, especially if you intend to stream or play games

Comment

Has anyone tried that google mesh router thingummy?

Comment

Comment

Has anyone tried that google mesh router thingummy?

https://store.google.com/product/google_wifi_learn
                                                            Just a fancy wifi booster in a pretty package. I'd probably get it if I had a place big enough to warrant it, not an issue for the foreseeable future
                                                            Netgear's Orbi is faster, shitter app and probably worse support. There's also googles onHub and some other brands.
                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-05-18, 14:03.

Comment

The #hometovote hashtag is very very encouraging.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Our house has two boards due to the owners building upstairs after the house was built by 30 years. One is outside our bedroom and has the water pump and a few options and then the one for the rest of the house is in the Garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  You know what the repeal is actually all about? Just to get rid of High dependancy children

Comment

I know they are both attacking teams and its a bit of a punt but 22s on Skybet for no goalscorer on Saturday seems a tad generous?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      I know they are both attacking teams and its a bit of a punt but 22s on Skybet for no goalscorer on Saturday seems a tad generous?
                                                                      Nah I don't think so. You'd want 50s at least
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        Nah I don't think so. You'd want 50s at least
                                                                        Yeah probably. Think the last one was Juve & Milan in 03? so they don't pop up too often. Might stick a score on to alleviate the boredom in case it turns into a tight game.

Id say the bookies would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Be no point doing it if ya couldn't tweet about it
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Liverpool -1 is the bet.

Comment

PP doing the drop thing again from 7pm.5000 pounds from 7pm and 5 minutes to claim, otherwise it goes somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                Liverpool -1 is the bet.
                                                                                The bet to waste a few quid

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Paddy Power are playing Finders Keepers live show, where they are giving away 60k in cash. Up until 8pm

Comment

Lock of the year

Comment

Silly referendum question

Was it ever on the cards to hold a referendum repeal the 8th ammendment yes/no with a condition if yes won (which it would have in a landslide probably) it would be folllowed quickly by some sort of sort of mulitichoice referendum like

1. no abortion ever
                                                                                        2. the odd time
                                                                                        3. a bit more than 2
                                                                                        4. a decent amount up to 12 weeks or whatever is in the vote now
                                                                                        5 a bit more than 4, uk standard
                                                                                        6 a bit more than 5
                                                                                        7 kill babies fuck yeah

This reminds me of the mooching war widows in the simpsons somehow
                                                                                        (I have avoided this stuff as much as possible, have heard bits and pieces on radio)

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                          Silly referendum question

Was it ever on the cards to hold a referendum repeal the 8th ammendment yes/no with a condition if yes won (which it would have in a landslide probably) it would be folllowed quickly by some sort of sort of mulitichoice referendum like

1. no abortion ever
                                                                                          2. the odd time
                                                                                          3. a bit more than 2
                                                                                          4. a decent amount up to 12 weeks or whatever is in the vote now
                                                                                          5 a bit more than 4, uk standard
                                                                                          6 a bit more than 5
                                                                                          7 kill babies fuck yeah

This reminds me of the mooching war widows in the simpsons somehow
                                                                                          (I have avoided this stuff as much as possible, have heard bits and pieces on radio)
                                                                                          Referendums are for constitutional reasons only, so no. Government holding a referendum to see what legislation they should enact would be an unusual step, to say the least.

Comment

Declan Ganley 'we have always done well by women and children in this country'.

Solid.

Comment

Serious junior B team for the pro life crowd on with Matt and Ivan.

Comment

If Declan Ganley was serious about increasing the no vote, he should have campaigned on the yes side.
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Strewel won't like it but Mary Lou is an impressive woman.

Comment

What a collosal mismatch.

Comment

Probably works like that if the multiple loop are one connection off the main switch - ie there is a path. Fully isolated circuits shouldn't work without some sort of wireless bridge unless I'm misunderstanding the technology.

That google mesh looks interesting. I've terrible signal in the bedroom. Was planning on trying to set up a spare router to act as a extender this weekend. Mesh could be a backup when I cock it up.

Comment

I don't think this yes vote is as much a lock as people think(1/7 in the bookings wtf), there are a lot more sheepish no votes in the countryside than people realise.
                                                                                                        I would have bet the world on the gay marriage coming in, this one I would be much less sure, but hope to be proven wrong.

If the no vote does win, when can it be repealed again? Friday night/Saturday day will be madness regardless.
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                          I don't think this yes vote is as much a lock as people think(1/7 in the bookings wtf), there are a lot more sheepish no votes in the countryside than people realise.
                                                                                                          I think the people often confuse the margin with the chances of that outcome.
                                                                                                          Almost 40% of turnout voted against it gay marriage, yet it was probably close to 95+% chance of passing imo.

Similarly here. The chance of the yes vote is somewhere between 50-80% imo.
                                                                                                          But the range of yes votes is 47-60% or so.

(numbers pulled out of thing air to make a point)

Comment

Went for one of those opulent NY Steakhouse dinners with the brother-in-law.

Good Jaysis. Suspect I'll be like a hibernating bear for the next 24hr.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Always find it strange the way doctors prescribe benzos to people with an alcohol problem. Years ago I was prescribed ativan, and although I have no recollection of it was told by friends later that I'd been knocking them back at the bar with straight whiskey.
                                                                                                              That reminds me, I better get some Ativan for my flights this weekend!

I would have bet the world on the gay marriage coming in, this one I would be much less sure, but hope to be proven wrong.

If the no vote does win, when can it be repealed again? Friday night/Saturday day will be madness regardless.
                                                                                                              A good friend of mine in DL, finally brought it up and discovered I was right in my thoughts that she was in the No camp. Had a chat and hopefully dispelled half of the shit she was being told and said that I really hoped that her 2 daughters never have the need to use any of these services etc. Brought up if they were raped and she had to ship them abroad.

It's the whole abortion up to 12 weeks, no questions asked she is against.

I think I talked her round though.

Comment

It's mostly Denny and more lately me I think. I think the 120k new registrations plus the home to vote crowd amount to close to a ten per cent head start for the Yes side. On top of polls that have been very consistently starkly in favour of Yes and a No campaign that appears to have run out of steam I can't see where the swong would come from.

No needed something huge to happen in the last two weeks and all that's happened is Yes has wiped the floor with them in three debates.

This would be a far bigger shock than Brexit at this point.

Comment

James Milner
                                                                                                                  Gareth Southgate
                                                                                                                  Dimitri Payet
                                                                                                                  Paul Lambert
                                                                                                                  Danny Murphy
                                                                                                                  Barry Ferguson

What links them?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                    James Milner
                                                                                                                    Gareth Southgate
                                                                                                                    Dimitri Payet
                                                                                                                    Paul Lambert
                                                                                                                    Danny Murphy
                                                                                                                    Barry Ferguson

What links them?
                                                                                                                    Soccer

Comment

Soccer
                                                                                                                      Yawn

Comment

This would be a far bigger shock than Brexit at this point.
                                                                                                                        Brexit went off 1/10

Yes still 1/7

I don't think many would be brexit level surprised if no went through.

Comment

I'm gonna go with 58/42

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X